Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

duratrash delphi irl

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 11:14 PM
RedDawg303

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default duratrash delphi irl

hi im interested in the Duratrash delphi IRL car. its only 60 bucks for the prebiult one at tower hobbies and i was wondering if it is worth the money. i have never had an electric cause i am a nitro man but i seen the cheap price and i couldnt resist. how fast does it go? i want it for driving in the house, shop class at school and on pavement. i already have radio gear and batteries and all i want to know is how fast it is and if its a good deal.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:46 PM
drdenny
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: duratrash delphi irl

Why don't you go on Duratrax' web site and check it out!! It looks as if you have already formed an opinion on the car by the way you spelled the name, so I think you should know if it's good or not!
Old 01-12-2004, 05:37 PM
RedDawg303

i have been on the site and looked at it. thats just the way i say the name, its fun to say, im not sure if thier products are good or not ive heard strong opinions for both sides. i was wondering if someone here owned one or knew anything else about them. it seems like a good deal for 60 bucks so i might buy it.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Wookie
My Feedback: (5)

There have been several threads on the Delphi Indi car here, a quick search will probably yield the information you are looking for.

I've been a little interested in this car as it looks like a fun, fast road basher.

From what I've read, quality is OK, as it's not a top level racer. The car is very fast being direct drive. With the Photon 20 turn motor (crap) it's supposed to do 32 mph. Put a good stock class motor (Trinity Monster Stock Pro, etc.) and you are probably looking at mid 30 mph speeds.

The problem with it is traction. The stock tires are not a high traction item and acceleration can be difficult as the rear end likes to switch quickly with such little traction. A tire swap may help matters a lot. Once up to speed there is little on power steering as the front end is to light at speed to grab any traction. Turning at speed is an off throttle affair.

Put a nice mild mod in it and change the tires and you probably have one very fast road basher.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:10 PM
RedDawg303

ok thanks, it sounds like its worth 60 bucks so i'll try it.