Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Steering servo 1/10. Speed or torque?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Soniq7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering servo 1/10. Speed or torque?

This is for a Tamiya F102 (4WD Indy). I got the Hitec 525 which is the speed version. I am thinking it might be too fast, leading to spinouts and the like. Any advice ?

S7
Old 01-17-2004, 01:08 AM
Vaco

Default RE: Steering servo 1/10. Speed or torque?

Try messing with the controls on the remote control. Change the max throw or change the steering curve. For the off road cars that have front wheels outside of a wheel well you want to have enough torque so that you can push yourself off of the pipe. Also make sure whatever you have is metal gear.
Old 01-17-2004, 03:57 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Soniq7
This is for a Tamiya F102 (4WD Indy). I got the Hitec 525 which is the speed version. I am thinking it might be too fast, leading to spinouts and the like. Any advice ?
S7
Too fast? I have an Airtronics 94357 servo (ERG-VB high speed dual ball bearing) in my Tamiya F201 (4WD F1), which is rated at .09/.07 sec @ 60 deg according to the link below. The same chart at the same link rates the Hitec 525BB & MG at .17/.13 sec @ 60 deg.

http://www.fatlion.com/sailplanes/servochart.html

When I set up my F201, I didn't use near as much rear toe-in as the set-up instructions. I've also read quite a few complaints about the stock tires, but I've only noticed a large difference on the "slick" type asphalt surfaces. After the temps start hitting the 90's, the tire effect will probably be more noticable.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Scott Racing

have put the HS-925MG in my pro 2 0.08 sec 60 degree and torque is at 7.4 Kg (103 oz-in) i found this a huge improvement over my last one but just because it gose fast dosent mean u have to turn the wheel on the controller fast u do much quicker lap times if u race smoothly.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

a quick servo might have your wheels at full lock before the cars settled into the turn causing problems, but you only notice this if your good, and on a high grip tight track. your spin outs are due to agressive overstere caused by your grip or spring settings and your right thumb.
driving smoot always wins the race, i should know, mine has been the slowest in a straight line for 4 seasons, it's also won all 4