Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

coolest thing you've done?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 05:50 AM
triggerdawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolest thing you've done?

What's the coolest thing you have done with a electric rc? ok i'm just fishing for some new ideas.
please feel free to share your stories. thanks
Old 03-12-2004, 09:37 AM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Default RE: coolest thing you've done?

Well, back in high school, we had an rc race during a school festival. They had us running on an oval, but the morons didn't bother telling the pedestrians not to walk through it. So I'm running my car and this stupid chick steps RIGHT in front of me and my buggy tries to climb her..... I go over, to make sure she was ok and she was PISSED at me for hitting her. So we have a bit of a yelling match over it and that's the end of it and the race. So I see her around school in a couple days and I ask how's the leg and apparently she has forgiven me for her stupidity. So, being the kinda guy I am, I tell her I wanna make the whole thing up to her and take her to a movie (we went and saw Terminator 2, so that should tell ya how long ago this was LOL!).. She agreed, we went out and we dated for the next 9 months. She had an interesting fascination with handcuffs... So yeah, I'd say that's about the coolest thing I've ever done with an RC.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:03 AM
brainleak
My Feedback: (1)

Who knew rc could get you chicks. Instead of walking my dog from now on im gonna walk around with my mini-T!!
Old 03-12-2004, 10:07 AM
mark374

damn, i was gonna say climbng trees in my backyard... guess urs kinda blows mine away [:'(]
Old 03-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Actually, she hated my buggy after that little run in.. Can't blame her really, she had a tire burn 4" long that took about 2 months to fade away completely. Poor thing... I miss you Kelly! =)
Old 03-12-2004, 02:14 PM
funked1

I flipped my Hornet on a trail and it tumbled into an arroyo. It landed on the wheels so I goosed it and it drove right out of the arroyo, from about 2 feet underwater.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:12 PM
triggerdawg

wow, i guess the chick story is in the lead but i like the arroyo story is good too.
the coolest thing i've done so far has to be this. my girl bought me a little nikko rc car for valentines day this year. and i'm sure i don't have to tell you guys that this thing was slow. we i got a little eager to hop it up in hopes of breaking about 20 mph. so i locked the gearing to make it have positive traction. after that, i dropped and old 17t double in it hoping not to burn up the lil circiut board speed control. then i threw some old wide slicks on the back and toke her out for a spin. i could not believe i didn't destroy the frame on the lil thing. hell the nikko was flying around the road. i had a buddy come over w/ his radar gun and his duratrax delphi indy car.
well i stomped the indy and clocked at 32mph. and i still haven't destroyed the car either. so my lil custom nikko car is the coolest thing so far for me.................wish it would get me a chick, then it would be really cool.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:12 PM
braden.r productions

I had my clod at school one day basting around the hallways. Cruising past this one door a student walks out....BAM. I have never seen my friends laugh som hard at me. He hates me now but still asks to drive my truck everytime i have it at school. My truck is now famous. The only thing to ever pick a fight with this kid
Old 03-13-2004, 02:31 PM
triggerdawg

anyone here ever try to put rocket engines on a boat or truck? my friend keeps talking about putting them on his electric boat. if anyone knows if this will work please share. thanks
Old 03-13-2004, 06:20 PM
BONESLASHER04

i tryed to put a couple of rocket engines on a boat it took off ok (straight up) came back down and sunk. one of those cheap plastic ones like barbie has(that ***** has ever thing lol). but again i made the going up and coming back down part up hehe but it did sink.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:51 PM
triggerdawg

i wonder if there is a certain way you can mount them so they will keep the boat on the water.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:27 PM
BONESLASHER04

try taking a metal tube ( copper pipe) and plug the front with something so the engine wont take off out of the front then mount it with jb weld or something like that or you can some how screw it on.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:52 PM
robnjr

Swami has put rocket motors on his car. He has a video of it, as well as lots of other cool videos. Here's a link to his site, but the video link wasn't working, you might try later.

http://www.swami-rc.com
Old 03-15-2004, 04:09 AM
triggerdawg

anyone else got some cool stuff to add?
Old 03-15-2004, 09:16 PM
R/C Dragon

I have been thinking about getting another turret for my Tamiya Tiger 1 ( a tank for those of you who dont know) and putting a working BB cannon from a combat ship on it[>:]
Old 03-15-2004, 09:24 PM
BONESLASHER04

MINE ALRDY SHOOTS BB'S THE PLATIC ONES THOU 99.00 OF EBAY LOL
Old 03-15-2004, 09:27 PM
ericheller

ORIGINAL: Speedmunkey

Well, back in high school, we had an rc race during a school festival. They had us running on an oval, but the morons didn't bother telling the pedestrians not to walk through it. So I'm running my car and this stupid chick steps RIGHT in front of me and my buggy tries to climb her..... I go over, to make sure she was ok and she was PISSED at me for hitting her. So we have a bit of a yelling match over it and that's the end of it and the race. So I see her around school in a couple days and I ask how's the leg and apparently she has forgiven me for her stupidity. So, being the kinda guy I am, I tell her I wanna make the whole thing up to her and take her to a movie (we went and saw Terminator 2, so that should tell ya how long ago this was LOL!).. She agreed, we went out and we dated for the next 9 months. She had an interesting fascination with handcuffs... So yeah, I'd say that's about the coolest thing I've ever done with an RC.
dude im gona start hitting hevery hot chick i see now.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:56 PM
BONESLASHER04

I'am thinking of taking an old weed eater engine and making a truck out of it. that would be kewl! Imigne the power and it probally would need a weelie bar. lol
Old 03-16-2004, 12:27 AM
R/C Dragon

with a BB cannon I can take out my neighbors TL-01 when he tries to hit my TC3(check my gallery and you will know why I love my TC3)

I agree with ericheller, good plan
Old 04-12-2004, 02:04 PM
scherzo

My brother put 18 cells(3 6-cell packs) on his stampede with a 9t motor and without a speed control, so when he turned the servo, the circuit would be completed and we raced and i ended up coming up behind him and my car flipped about 20 times and then his truck at full speed slammed into the curb and pieces went every where and the whole front end was totaled
Old 04-12-2004, 02:47 PM
SilentX

Definately driving my fighter buggy RX (!) off a flight of stairs.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:04 PM
BONESLASHER04

What i like to do is take my car to the local park, getting looks and bringing more people into the radio control sport. I have a 68 Dodge Charger with a Super Charger on the front of it. I got picture's of it, so if any one wants to take a look at it. Email Me. [email protected]
Old 04-12-2004, 04:15 PM
speenair

Well the coolest thing ever was with my 8 year old nikko radio shack truck. I drove it off of a 35 foot drop into a mound of dirt. It rolled like 30 times and then landed on all 4s and i could still drive it. The only thing that broke was the antenna on my radio cuz i dropped it and the plastic body is loose, but she still runs great.. got to go drive her. MAybe i will go do something cooler.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:13 PM
squeek01

The coolest thing that ive ever done was about three weeks ago me and my friend took his rustler to this new pedestrian bridge that just got built. so me and my friend took a ramp up to the top of the bridge and he jumped it off. right when he hit the jump he got scared and threw on the brakes and the car did a perfect front flip and landed on all 4s didnt break a thing it was so cool.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:08 AM
Revs

One day i went to work with my dad, taking my trusty tl01 with me, on the way home we found a nice long private road. We put the tl01 in front of my dads car and followed it down the road, things were going great the cars spedo was rising and we were pushing early thirtys and still acelerating. We continued down the road and the speedo continued to rise up intil it reacgeh 34 then every thing went sour..... from interference the car lost the plot and decided to take its own rute down this road. Well not a lot u can do when your car decides to go walk abouts at 30mph is there. The car had nopw reached the hill and was pushing 40mph much to my suprise..then it hit me no more road......... i pulled franticly on the controlles...nothing....the car was driving its self! and then the worst thing ever happened...a tractor coming up the road...my dad flahed the lights and shouted franticly.i whatched as the gap closed between the 3 ton trakter and my tiny tl01. the tl01 went straight under the wheels.i sat back in my seat anoyed at losing such a good car. we stoped the car reaqdy to go over and pick up the scraps of the tl01. I was amazed to see it, it was truly a mirical as the tl01 hummed down the road towards us!"!!!!!! stopuing dead infront of me in a power slide..not a mark on it other than a huge scratch on the shell. TL01 BEATS TRACTOR!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.