Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

How to make a rustler quiet?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 09:56 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A few years back that esc had the worst reliability, instant smoke on ititial turn on, frying even with 2 pole motors. Plus there was an issue running 6s so people would run 5s max to make it live. I forget all the details and I'm sure it's been updated since then otherwise you could still read all the negative comments on the product page. Maybe your friend is lucky, maybe you got the wrong esc, maybe they're being cautious with the warning against 4 pole motors so they don't have a repeat of all the previous problems. One persons experience wouldn't be enough for me to recommend running an esc at its max voltage with a motor the manufacturer says not to use though, especially considering the history of that particular esc. Not picking on ya, just saying.

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 04-12-2015 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:23 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by collector1231
I've seen people put tiny Jato spurs on their Rustler/Bandit transmissions with big 550 airplane motors. Let me put together what he was using for you..... You will need to use the 3S in series to create a 6S battery. There are wiring harnesses out there.

Spur gear; http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...t6oaAscT8P8HAQ
Motor; http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/ofna-1-8...ess-motor.html
ESC; http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...s_Car_ESC.html
Battery; http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/...-plug-x2-packs
Pinion; http://store.rc4wd.com/32-tooth-32P-...ar_p_1097.html

That should get you to 65-70 MPH. And if you want to go SUPER insane, you can also get this. Not required though.

http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...OYgaAnDn8P8HAQ

Doesent the stock VXL and optional gearing get a rustler to 70mph anyway??
i reckon I've come close to that with a 380 cored motor on 3s

Last edited by phmaximus; 04-13-2015 at 05:28 AM.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:14 PM
kkidcw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The noise you're hearing is the traxxas transmission. Traxxas is notorious for this and unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to completely silence it.

Last edited by kkidcw; 04-13-2015 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:18 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ahhhh, damm spammers.... Why do they keep quoting the most misleading post here...

the Traxxas magnum gearbox sounds the same as anyother 2wd gearbox, I wouldent say they are any louder than something comparable.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:37 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by phmaximus
Ahhhh, damm spammers.... Why do they keep quoting the most misleading post here...

the Traxxas magnum gearbox sounds the same as anyother 2wd gearbox, I wouldent say they are any louder than something comparable.
It seems like some sort of bot, but the comments they make seem slightly related to the topic. Definitely repetitive. 'for about $100 you can go brushless'. What is the purpose of it all? They don't seem to be pimping any particular product - yet.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:15 PM
fgnn

The noise you're hearing is the traxxas transmission. Traxxas is notorious for this and unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to completely silence it.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:49 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by kistner
It seems like some sort of bot, but the comments they make seem slightly related to the topic. Definitely repetitive. 'for about $100 you can go brushless'. What is the purpose of it all? They don't seem to be pimping any particular product - yet.
They copy and paste the 2nd post of the thread... Lol
Old 04-17-2015, 09:58 AM
Maj_Overdrive

If you click on their username and then click view all their posts you'll see links in their posts. I assume we can't see the links in the thread due to their low post count and the forum omitting them.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:31 AM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

It's not always the 2nd post, but you are correct, they are copying a post from the first page.

If you click on their username and then click view all their posts you'll see links in their posts. I assume we can't see the links in the thread due to their low post count and the forum omitting them.
So you figure at some point there will be spammy links in their messages? swell
Old 04-17-2015, 01:30 PM
Maj_Overdrive

So you figure at some point there will be spammy links in their messages? swell
I'm not 100% positive on the number but most forums require 10 posts before you can posts links. All the spam bot posts I've seen have a post count less than 10. So yeah eventually the links could make it into view on threads instead of just the list of the user's posts. I'm surprised there's been as much spam as there is, I haven't seen anything like this on other forums. Different forum tools I guess, but none of the spammers here seems to have gotten to 10 posts although their posts are still visible so the account must not be completely wiped clean from the system either way.

Anyone know if RCU sends an email or locks an account (for 15min or whatever time) when there's repeated login failures? Just about every other forum I'm on has recently been sending me an email about failed login attempts. Those forum had many other user's accounts targeted as well and the ip's for those failed login attempts trace back to China. Those with accounts that were hacked had them used to post spam and eventually had their account terminated. Same end goal to post spam but went with trying to hack accounts in order to circumvent spamming tools. Ridiculous but someone is making money with clicks, link backs and referrals either way.

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 04-17-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:16 AM
xghfgh

Old 04-22-2015, 10:22 PM
bhjces