Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Hobby-Warehouse BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby-Warehouse BEWARE

Last Sunday I placed an on-line order with Hobby-warehouse for an XTM X-cellerator. On Monday I received an email saying it was shipped by UPS and will arrive on Wednesday and it gave a tracking number. I tried the tracking # Monday night and there was no activity with the number, I tried it again Tuesday and Wednesday with the same result. I emailed Hobby-Warehouse on Wednesday to find out whats going on and guess what? They don't even have these trucks in stock!!! They said the tracking number was sent out in error and they weren't sure when they were going to get the trucks in! Needless to say I canceled my order with them and ordered it from Hobby Lobby what is what I should of done in the first place. Has anyone else experienced the same problem with them?
Old 05-06-2004, 04:37 PM
frailcow

Default RE: Hobby-Warehouse BEWARE

Sounds like a mistake to me, or maybe not even that.

It doesnt actually say on the site that the item is in stock, so you only assumed it was since it was there to buy. They should give some kind of warning if there will be an excessive delay, or maybe take down the item if it isnt in stock, but that can often mean the need for having a more advanced stock system. Even so, they shouldn't have sent you a tracking number...perhaps they just got ahead of themselves, got the tracking ready to go, went to find you an XTM, out of stock and nobody bothered to tell you at this point.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

I agree probably an honest mistake. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same thing happen to them or if this was just a one time thing. This was my first order with them and I won't be ordering anything else.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:13 PM
couldbemage

I would want to be told if something I ordered was out of stock. That is just good business.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Losibasher

Similar thing happened to me. I ordered a measly diff nut and they said that it would come in about 4-6 days, sure. I called the 7 day, nothing two weeks later nothing. Finally two and a half weeks they called me. I'm never ordering from them again.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:56 AM
killnine

Sure, there can be room for some mistake in business, but the fact is that there are a lot of companies that DO offer advanced stock systems and if businesses like Hobby Warehouse cant keep up, customers will never return. I really hate when this kind of stuff happens because I have been in that situation and its quite frustrating. Hobby suppliers need to learn that customer service is pivotal to success, and if they dont, then they are going to have a hard time payin' the bills.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:46 AM
crazy_azz_mat

ORIGINAL: killnine

Sure, there can be room for some mistake in business, but the fact is that there are a lot of companies that DO offer advanced stock systems and if businesses like Hobby Warehouse cant keep up, customers will never return. I really hate when this kind of stuff happens because I have been in that situation and its quite frustrating. Hobby suppliers need to learn that customer service is pivotal to success, and if they dont, then they are going to have a hard time payin' the bills.

exactly...but you see, me working at hobby shop, sometimes it doesnt always end up to be something the company does wrong. Mostly when problems like that arise where I work its because of our distributors. They are the ones that **** **** up. When stuff is backordered, or lost, or even just not included in the order they just make a dumb excuse, making it not their problem but actually it is.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:54 AM
RCFreakInFL
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

I think we're all in agreement that they should not have sent you a tracking number, if nothing at all was sent out....with this, I am appauled personally. I think you also got your anguish across to other members who could relate in their own personal experiences, but as of now, I am going to close this thread....only because it is going to turn into a bash fest, and without the company stepping in and telling their side, it's quite biased. There are always 2 sides, we really do not know what happened on their end, or how they operate, but assuming this, is quite assinine.