Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

will stick battery fit in a TC3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 05:53 PM
SoulReaver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will stick battery fit in a TC3?

I am going to get a TC3, but will be getting the batteries before the car, I am looking at a 7 cell 3300mah battery, it is the kind with 6 cells in stick and the last cell is attached at the end, will this fit? does any body have the measurement of the biggest space avaliable in the battery tray? and since the battery is so heavy, will it off-balance the car? thanks in advance
Old 07-06-2004, 06:29 PM
Mike Ledbetter

Default RE: will stick battery fit in a TC3?

It will fit; I don't know about the gravity of the situation. Everyone else uses six, you know.

I never liked seven cell packs in my Bandit--too heavy.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:55 PM
sleepy23
My Feedback: (1)

well you are looking at roughly 176 gram difference between a 7 cell and basic servo,esc,motor and reciever. you have the additional weight of a pinio, spur, motor mount, cam. you are prolly looking at maybe a 100g total difference. that shouldnt be too big of a deal to tune that out.

as for the battery area size. on a stock, un-modded chassis, your dimensions are 160mm long by 50mm wide.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:14 AM
SoulReaver

thanks guys, those are good info, can't wait