Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official Rustler Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 08:23 PM
ohgrfreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Rustler Thread

ORIGINAL: truggyman240

ill be getting my xl-5 on Christmas. i plan on major hop ups to be raceable. but will a seven cell stick fit into a rustler?
A seven cell "hump pack" will fit in a stock XL-5 rusty no prob.

I have absolutely no idea what the lift kit thing is for, never seen a battery so out of proportion to need such a thing, even lipo.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:35 PM
ASYSTEMERROR

That lipo has MAD storage like 6000 -8000 mah
Old 12-02-2007, 08:36 PM
ASYSTEMERROR

rather have a maxxamps battery than buy that.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:38 PM
ELK

max amps i think has a 12000 mah lipo
Old 12-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: I love RC

max amps i think has a 12000 mah lipo
yes. they do. if i go lipo and i probbibly never will it will be like a 2s 8000mah pack[>:]
Old 12-02-2007, 08:45 PM
ELK

you probally have to extra care of it
Old 12-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Always Dreamin

you probally have to extra care of it
i don't think anymore then the other lipos out there.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:10 PM
ASYSTEMERROR

a nice strap and sheild and you'll be fine just try not to let the pack fly out the car cause then it's up to the lipo god ![:@]

Lipo rash is costly !!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 09:18 PM
ELK

i hate venom batteries. blew up my second one in two weeks
Old 12-03-2007, 07:42 AM
pilsner6981

Hi all,
I've been doing my homework on rusty's (just bought vxl sweet!). As i was reading, on many sights people were saying bigger tires should help with bigger jumps. I thought great, but wouldn't you want better shocks as well? Now finding better shocks is easy but i want a little more ground clearance as well (yah yah the pede has this already but i wanted something a little sportier...) Anyway something like this (http://monster.traxxas.com/showpost....79&postcount=1) for when i'm doing big jumps looks almost ideal. Can you help me as to what shocks this might be running? Thanks for your time.

This thread is so huge!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:03 AM
ohgrfreak

ORIGINAL: pilsner6981

Hi all,
I've been doing my homework on rusty's (just bought vxl sweet!). As i was reading, on many sights people were saying bigger tires should help with bigger jumps. I thought great, but wouldn't you want better shocks as well? Now finding better shocks is easy but i want a little more ground clearance as well (yah yah the pede has this already but i wanted something a little sportier...) Anyway something like this (http://monster.traxxas.com/showpost....79&postcount=1) for when i'm doing big jumps looks almost ideal. Can you help me as to what shocks this might be running? Thanks for your time.

This thread is so huge!
For bigger tires and more ground clearance for jumping, I have only one suggestion: VXL Stampede. My dad has a Stampede and it jumps unatturally even in flight, it never bottoms out either.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Always Dreamin

This thread is so huge!
you should check out the stampede thread here is a direct link: http://monster.traxxas.com/showpost....79&postcount=1
i think those are stock shocks with diffrent springs and cups.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:11 AM
farkus888

I have an xl1 that I recently upgraded to the slipper clutch while continuing to use the old transmission housing, I noticed that the spur gear cover needs to be deeper for it to fit over the slipper and the pinion. I'd rather use the rpm part so there is no opening letting dirt in like the stock cover, is the rpm cover deep enough to fit over the larger spur gear?
Old 12-03-2007, 01:35 PM
wasting money

ORIGINAL: farkus888

I have an xl1 that I recently upgraded to the slipper clutch while continuing to use the old transmission housing, I noticed that the spur gear cover needs to be deeper for it to fit over the slipper and the pinion. I'd rather use the rpm part so there is no opening letting dirt in like the stock cover, is the rpm cover deep enough to fit over the larger spur gear?
Yes the RPM cover will fit on the old XL-1 tranny, did the same to mine, but you can't use a 90 tooth spur gear with it.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:02 PM
farkus888

I know it fits onto the tranny itself, my issue is that I have an xl-1 housing that I have replaced the topshaft spur and a few other parts so that it has the same slipper clutch and spur gear as the newer xl-5 models. the new spur gear sticks out farther than the old peg clutch spur gear. I don't know if the RPM spur cover is that much deeper than the stock one because I've never seen one of the RPM covers except online pictures. I can't remember if I am running the 84 or 87 t spur but I know its not the 90. I just want to make sure we are on the same page before I spend the money.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:00 PM
wasting money

Your good to order the RPM cover. I changed my XL-1 tranny(black) over to the Revo style slipper and the RPM cover fit no problem.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:58 PM
ELK

what r some good brushless system.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:02 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

I just purchased a used Ruslter off of ebay.....it has the older lx1 esc and a epic 98 brushed motor. I just stripped the plastic idler gear and was gonna purchase a metal gear { not aluminum} to replace it. Do I really need to purchase a plastic top gear to work with the new metal idler gear...or can I just use my stock metal top gear with the new metal idler gear ? Also, is it worht it to purchase a metal differntial gear with metal sun gears, or do the stock plastic ones hold up well?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: MUSIC PUBLISHER

I just purchased a used Ruslter off of ebay.....it has the older lx1 esc and a epic 98 brushed motor. I just stripped the plastic idler gear and was gonna purchase a metal gear { not aluminum} to replace it. Do I really need to purchase a plastic top gear to work with the new metal idler gear...or can I just use my stock metal top gear with the new metal idler gear ? Also, is it worht it to purchase a metal differntial gear with metal sun gears, or do the stock plastic ones hold up well?
no you don't need a new top gear. just get a steel idler. no, you don't need a metal diff gear, only if you want one.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:19 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

Thnaks....will the bearings from my old stripped plastic idler gear fit correclty in the new metal idler gear ?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: MUSIC PUBLISHER

Thnaks....will the bearings from my old stripped plastic idler gear fit correclty in the new metal idler gear ?
yep
Old 12-03-2007, 07:45 PM
ohgrfreak

mamba, novak, vxl, etc... depends on what you want to do and how fast you want to go, but really, i'm no expert. I would prefer a Novak system due to the older name than Mamba, but Mamba's seem more popular. And then you have Traxxas' own VXL, made just for the Pede/Bandy/Rusty, and you know Traxxas R&D's their stuff quite well. So, it may come down to just a matter of preference.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:52 PM
ELK

well i have chance for getting a vxl esc and Novak Velociti 3.5R Brushless Motor for about 150 still in da box from my cousin.
its that okay for my xl-5 rusty.
are there any good batteries i should get. i will be goin lipo later.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: ohgrfreak

mamba, novak, vxl, etc... depends on what you want to do and how fast you want to go, but really, i'm no expert. I would prefer a Novak system due to the older name than Mamba, but Mamba's seem more popular. And then you have Traxxas' own VXL, made just for the Pede/Bandy/Rusty, and you know Traxxas R&D's their stuff quite well. So, it may come down to just a matter of preference.
novak is good for racing, or a basher that has a thick wallet[8D]. mambas are popular for bashers because they are good priced. the vxl came out just recently and it's just like the mamba but lower kv and made to not cogg at all.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:58 PM
ELK

what about batteries

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.