Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

!!!PROLINE MASHERS 2000 VS. IMEX TRUCK PULLER TIRES!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 04:19 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!PROLINE MASHERS 2000 VS. IMEX TRUCK PULLER TIRES!!!

OK...... i always ask these kinds of question???? witch tires are the biggest and best for the money..... u gotta remember money is not an object! witch of these tires are the biggest! and witch will give me the best grip.... and witch will look .... "TRICK" on my evader st.... or if these tires are not the best or don't have the best grip..... name some....! but i would like big tires....i don't really like dirt works tires cause there not big enuff i wanna make my evader st an monster truck!!....THANX 4 any replies
Old 11-01-2004, 04:47 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: !!!PROLINE MASHERS 2000 VS. IMEX TRUCK PULLER TIRES!!!

IMEX Jumbo kongs...

http://www.officeshops.com/gws/imex/

all you need if moneys no problem oh id up your tranny a little....
Old 11-01-2004, 05:16 PM
45mph pede
Banned

jumbo congs are big, but they will also mess your tranny up severely. He is running these on a evader if im not mistaken. The pullers are THE BIGGEST 2.2 TIRES peroud. Nothing eles is bigger. Somthing might be better... but nothing is better as of now.
-Wes
Old 11-01-2004, 05:55 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

kool.............. are the proline masher 2000 almost the same size?
Old 11-01-2004, 06:22 PM
45mph pede
Banned

Mashers 4.9 total diameter. Pullers 5.2-5.3 total diameter.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:24 PM
aliens8mycow

I agree - stick with the 2.2 tires. Either one is a great tire. The Kongs (even if you could get the right adapters to mount them) are way too big. Aren't they like 7 or 8 inches tall? You'd leave tranny parts all over the place before it ever got them turning! Even going with the mashers or pullers, remember that they are a larger diameter than the stockers, which will have the same effect on your motor and esc as putting a larger pinion on - things will heat up quicker, so you'll probably need to take your pinion gear down a couple of teeth. You might also stock up on idler gears for your tranny, and a few slipper pads too.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:38 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

Kool.... i might have 2 go 4 the mashers cause my LHS doesn't sell IMEX R/C stuff... that sux eh![:@]... but y would i need new slipper pads my slipper doesn't even slip! i have it tightened all the way down... would i have to replace the idler gear alot with big tires?.... like cause ever jump i hit or ever other run i don't wanna put a new idler gear in... that would suck! could i jus take it easy... and the car won't break all the time?... THANX.... 4 all the replies it's really helped....really!
Old 11-01-2004, 07:43 PM
aliens8mycow

If you don't use your slipper, you can replace it with a handy little collar available at http://www.mo-motorracing.com - it's called a slipper eliminator and sells for $18. If you're not breaking the idler with the slipper locked down, I assume you're not trying to fly the truck over your house or anything anyway.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:46 PM
aliens8mycow

oops! I sent off before I was done...

I wouldn't say you have to take it easy, either - that takes all the fun out of it! Jumps aren't such a big deal as long as you learn to control wheel speed at landing so your not 'shocking' your tranny when you land.

What else have you done to your Evader? Any cool mods yet?
Old 11-01-2004, 08:09 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

well.... right now i have a reedy quad mag 19t motor and i have proline road hawg tires... aluminum rear tranny brace, aluminum front and rear shock towers,new futaba 2pl radio and reciver, futaba hi torque metal gear steering servo and a clear body... well for the tire thing i hit my 3 foot jump all the time and i jump the width of my street and i've jumped my dad's car....... but from doin' that i've busted over 12 parts.... and costed me over 330 bux to replace everything[:@] so if i jumpin' do i need my slipper 2 slip?..... cause i hit jumps a lot... and i don't wanna replace parts all the time.... cause i said my hobby shop was local.... the closed 1 is 2 hours away... but that's local to me[&o].....
Old 11-01-2004, 08:15 PM
45mph pede
Banned

Arrright, to compleat a jump. Losen your slipper clutch a little more than u would normaly so that when you hit the ground you wont snap,pop,break somthin off tranny wise. Keep of the accsel when your in the jump so that you dont break somthin in the tranny. I have HPI rims that are aired with my pullers. They cusion the jump very well.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:24 PM
aliens8mycow

Awesome truck... The tranny brace and shock towers are a definite must have. Do you have an aluminum bulkhead up front or at least a hinge pin brace? If you're breaking front end parts, the $5 hinge pin brace will take care of a lot of it. The metal gear servo is great too.

I can't believe you haven't torn up the tranny already by jumping like that without the slipper doing it's thing... You must have a good trigger finger. It might be slipping a bit too, even though it seems to be tightened down. You never hear it squeal (even a little) when you nail the throttle, lose traction, or land off a jump? With the street treads on there, will it pull wheelies from a dead stop? If it's not pulling wheelies, I'll bet the slipper is still slipping a bit. (which may be a good thing)

I'll also bet that if you get rid of the slipper, you'd see a ridiculous increase in the way it accelerates. And in the dirt, instead of hearing a squeal when you punch the throttle, you'll see some huge rooster tails kicking up in the air!
Old 11-01-2004, 08:24 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

do the big 2.2 tires come with foam incerts..... will i need foam incerts?
Old 11-01-2004, 09:50 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

well... my tranny runs a little ruff... but as long as it keeps the wheels turning im ok...lol...it won't pull wheelies... but when i gun it it does a burnout for a good 2 seconds then it takes off at around 32 mph!! the slipper is locked tight it won't slip..... and trust me im a backyard basher i don't know nuttin' about control...but if u think about it i should let it slip..... i'll loosin' it up when i get my big tires.... i wanna get my car bullit proof... so it will barely break... i know it will bust over time but thats ok it's a hobby! i hopfully get my novak brushless ss 5800 for christmas... then i'll be set...!! with a 45 mph evader st!!!
Old 11-02-2004, 07:30 AM
45mph pede
Banned

45 mph evader st!!!
Go for it!! Umm... some IMEX pullers come with foam's and most mashers come with foam's. I dont use them in my puller because I like the squishyness of them w/o the foams. Best of luck,
-Wes
Old 11-02-2004, 07:47 AM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

not to be a nag or anything but and I quote
Originally Posted by H.D. BASHER
witch tires are the biggest and best for the money...
he said biggest so I told him jumbo kongs which are 8" tall ahaha anyway
Originally Posted by H.D. BASHER
45 mph evader st!!!
[:-] I HIGHLY doubt its 45 mph on a 19t evader [:'(].... but hey prove me wrong cause then ill be going 60 something with my T4 lol
Old 11-02-2004, 08:00 AM
45mph pede
Banned

not to be a nag or anything but
Read

i hopfully get my novak brushless ss 5800 for christmas... then i'll be set...!! with a 45 mph evader st!!!
Novak SS + Evader St = 45mph Evader St

-Wes
Old 11-02-2004, 08:21 AM
aliens8mycow

...what pede said [8D]
Old 11-02-2004, 03:19 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

will bigger tires wear out other parts of my car... other then the tranny?
Old 11-02-2004, 03:52 PM
45mph pede
Banned

Nope theres realy nothing eles it could hurt... I mean I would get like a wide front bumper and maby a wheelie bar... (if those are made for the evader st) but thats somthin that is going to be the same with every tire you get.
-Wes
Old 11-02-2004, 03:59 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

yupp.... they sell a wide front bumber for the evader st... i jus don't got 1... will i be able to wheelies..???
Old 11-02-2004, 04:09 PM
45mph pede
Banned

hmm... With a 19t probably not. Maby, but probably not. You will have alot more low end torque, and your tires wont burn out, it will be instant responce. Your car will stick to the ground alot better to, so much so it might flip on ashplalt. There sticky tires. But back on topic, when u get your novak SS, it will be non-stop wheelies. With my pede I have to go slow and get it up to about 15-20mph and then pull full speed and even then it wheelies. So when you do get your novak you might want to email mr. swami, http://www.swami-rc.com/ and get him to make you a custom wheelie bar. Hes a nice fellow and im 100% sure that he would make you one. As for the wide bumper, GET IT!!!!
-Wes
Old 11-02-2004, 04:58 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

Y would i need a wide front bumber?..... since the tires are alot bigger won't they take the blow from any hits?.... i e-mailed swami now im jus waitin' 4 a reply... can u guys thing of any more stuff that would make my evader st... good for bashing.... like ur stampede "45mph pede" what do u have on ur truck... that makes it stronger or a better basher?...hey 45mph pede..... do u have to reset ur "dual rate" so that the tires don't rub on ur body... cuase the tires are so wide?
Old 11-02-2004, 05:17 PM
45mph pede
Banned

Nope, I have done a wide pede conversion for my truck though... But I had these before that. www.coldfusionracing.com makes custom alum. chassis. They will do ANYTHING and for a reasonable price. I have a nice alum one from them, I sent it to my local auto paint shop and its getting powtter coated. But yea I got a nice chassis from them for about 30$. That would make your truck alot stronger... Realy you have everything I would say to get. Alum. bulk head is next though. You have to get that and maby a tie bar. Good luck,
-Wes

Just thought of this as I was preparing my pede for a run. Strong CVD's. Like metal of some sort. Those are KEY for bashing, becuase the stock plastic ones break fast if your a "good basher"[>:]

Just thought of this tooo... Bearing carriers. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBDK2&P=Z And there counter part knuckels. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBDK4&P=Z

Other than that locate all the stress points and check them every few runs. Also get some exstra screws and parts that you know will break some time or another. That way you dont lose a couple of days to one part.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:33 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

Thanx..... hey can i get a wide conversion on my evader?... that would look awsome
and i herd that if i get a aluminium front bulkhead..my chasiss would break all the time cause... i herd that if u have an aluminium bulkhead everthing behind it will break!!![:@] i don't wanna replace my chassis all the time!..that would suck...and is there anyway to make my evader have a wider stance?... that won't coast me an arm and a leg....?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.