Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

!!!BL SYSTEM!!!

Old 11-08-2004, 06:57 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!BL SYSTEM!!!

YEA. i got an evader st and i wanna get a novak ss 5800 bl system put in it... i know i've asked this question before... but i really need alot of replies...beacause i don't wanna waste my money on a BL system if it's gonna be a pain in the ass!... cause i herd of alot of people have had lot's of trouble with it and lots of people that have had no problems... sooo u tell me sould i get 1 or should i not... i jus wanna bash with my bud's.... cause if it messes up on me there go's like 275 bux.... that would suck!![:@]
Old 11-08-2004, 07:02 PM
45mph pede
Banned

Default RE: !!!BL SYSTEM!!!

I have one, I love it, 0 problems, its a blast! But... Novak has some compitition coming. LPR is coming out with a brushless esc and it can run both brushed and brushless motors. Its about the same price as the novak ss esc. Plus if you want the novak ss motor you can run it with the LPR esc. Its an awsome thing... I would get that before I would get a novak ss again. PLUS! Novak is coming out with a new brushless motor system that will be more powerfull than the novak ss and it will have fixed all the problems that the SS had/haves. I would wait a lil' bit and get a look at the new brushless motors out there. (I would realy look that the LPR brushless/brushed esc)
-Wes
Old 11-08-2004, 08:59 PM
sleepy23
My Feedback: (1)

i read somewhere else ( here or another forum) that the lpr system was almost 300 bucks just for the controller, then another 100++ for a motor....[]
Old 11-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Pinolelst

Spun the shaft out of the armature part way on mine with less than a dozen runs on it.Sent it to Novak last week for warranty consideration. I'd heard somewhere that this was a problem with early production units so we'll see how the new one holds up once I get it back before I bless or dam them.

Hope this helps
Old 11-08-2004, 10:54 PM
Memopad

I'm hoping the LRP esc will be around 190 street price, but we'll see.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:21 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

ORIGINAL: 45mph pede

I have one, I love it, 0 problems, its a blast! But... Novak has some compitition coming. LPR is coming out with a brushless esc and it can run both brushed and brushless motors. Its about the same price as the novak ss esc. Plus if you want the novak ss motor you can run it with the LPR esc. Its an awsome thing... I would get that before I would get a novak ss again. PLUS! Novak is coming out with a new brushless motor system that will be more powerfull than the novak ss and it will have fixed all the problems that the SS had/haves. I would wait a lil' bit and get a look at the new brushless motors out there. (I would realy look that the LPR brushless/brushed esc)
-Wes

ahh, but you also said.....

ORIGINAL: 45mph pede

...or kick it my way. My esc thermals every 3min in my pede, it gets realy hot, but theres no way to gear it lower... Like right now I am runnin 10/90... Its pittiful...
-Wes
Sounds like a problem to me.. You all know how I feel about Novak's garbage..
Old 11-09-2004, 12:56 AM
frailcow

So the problem was not with the system then?