Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

T4 / B4 Carbon Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 03:43 PM
jrjr2u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T4 / B4 Carbon Chassis

I have some concerns over the conductivity of the carbon chassis with the FT edition. Does anyone out there place the battery in the chassis with the bars touching the chassis? Associated told me not to worry but I still have my doubts. If you guys already do it and its ok, then I will. Let me know!!
Old 11-17-2004, 04:53 PM
aliens8mycow

Default RE: T4 / B4 Carbon Chassis

I'm no expert, but I can't see it being conductive enough to make a difference. I break motors in underwater, and water's fairly conductive... no dead shorts or anything like that. By the time the small amount of current that the chassis could carry is dispersed across the entire chassis, I would think it's close to insignificant.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:17 PM
45mph pede
Banned

I run my some of my batteries where the bar tuches my pro4's CF chassis... No shorts yet, and its been running strong with those batteries for... 3weeks'ish. If your realy worred put some shrink rap or somthing over the battery-bars, but I wouldnt worry to much about that.
-Wes
Old 11-17-2004, 06:32 PM
jrjr2u

You wanna be careful with CF too. I have burn marks on my X Ray from the very same thing!
Old 11-17-2004, 10:25 PM
XDeathReborn

I don't think conductivity would be a concern, but if you are nervous grab some shrinkwrap (like mentioned above), or some low-temp covering (TowerKote, EconoKote, etc.). Or if you wanna go cheap some saran wrap . Really though, I don't think it would make a big difference, but if you wanna be safe, lay something down. Heck, even an old towel can be trimmed to fit the battery mount.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:36 AM
frailcow

There are some long black stickers that came with your b4/t4 on the sticker sheet...i think they say team associated in white letters. These can be used as insurance against the problem you referred to.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:47 AM
jrjr2u

I already have protection against shorts. It just makes the tray that much narrower and thus harder to get the battery in place. I just wanted to know if anyone uses these particular vehicles with no insulation against shorts on the chassis and what the results are.