Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

OFFICAL PEDE THREAD

Old 06-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: OFFICAL PEDE THREAD

We're out bashing. No time to post.

I'm trying to decide on going brushless with my pede or staying stock and getting a 4WD buggy that can put the power down better, then go brushless later.

I'm afraid that right after I purchase the 4WD buggy, the Titan 12T will crap out, and I'll be stuck for a while until I can scrape money together again.

Thoughts?
Old 06-26-2009, 03:45 PM
TIGER76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought all the pedes had retired lol
BL on the pede jeremy You know its the right choice.

Lets see some pede summer bashing vids then guys [>:]
Old 06-26-2009, 07:51 PM
dmesecher

Ok sor here is my question....I have the older pede with the stinger motor and I just Upgraded to the vxl with a 4400 nimh 7 cell. I then found I had a bad vibration issue. So I upgraded the casters and the carrier bearings to aluminum and the large bearings vs the bushing my old pede had. Most of the vibration was gone, I then changed to the tires to the-XL5 with talon's on it. The vibration is now gone and with the 25/86 gear this thing is now a monster comared to the way the old pede ran. So here is the new question. The new rims and tires now rub on the front a-arms when turning. Are the new style pede's front a-arms diffrent than the old style. There are no adjustments that I can find on this setup to fix this issue....Help

Thanks
Don
Old 06-26-2009, 10:32 PM
scottfl78

Do they rub when you turn hard, or do they rub easily?
Old 06-26-2009, 10:43 PM
hands without shadows

The front A arms never changed. You may have the wrong hexes or wheels on the front of the vehicle.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:09 PM
dmesecher

They rub when you turn hard... They might be the wrong set.. found them on ebay stated for stampede vxl they seem wider than my stock set
Old 06-28-2009, 09:19 AM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

i killed a set of output yolks! horaaahhhh!!!

i had the steal set but destroyed them while working on another project, also, im converting my pede to a rusty [] but im gonna eventualy build another pede since ive got like a 2/3rds of a pede laying around so i may make a water proof brushed pede
Old 06-28-2009, 02:23 PM
scottfl78

Anyone here running a locked diff on their pede? I am sick of skidding out when I gun it and I dont really care about turn radius. I put a whole new diff in and it still wont keep from slipping. Anyone use one of these? http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?ma...ducts_id=35728 or did you just epoxy/jbweld it..
Old 06-28-2009, 02:28 PM
hands without shadows

Try filling the diff with hot glue. Its free and if you dont like the locking action it provides its simple to remove.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:52 PM
scottfl78

I have the real wore out one I can lock so I will have a spare functioning diff. Dont really feel like cleaning it out and gluing it so I may buy that hub that drops in without the planetary gears and try it. I think it would suit my bashing better.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:52 PM
scottfl78

I got my diff to lock by wedging a shock space in the gears. I really like it. It does some wierd doughnuts. Looks like the tazmanian devil! haha I was thinking about buying another truck. I have the Losi for racing and the Pede for bashing but wanted a better handling basher. I have decided to convert my Pede to a Rustler. I will be using the FLM extended chassis but keeping the RPM Arms and shock towers I have. I ordered all the parts and it will cost about $200.00 with a new body. After Kicking the idea around I think I will like it.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:59 PM
FieroMan121

kewl!

im holding off on my conversion to a rusty, another guy at the track is converting his extended pede into a late model racer so now ive got a wing man to kill t4's! (my nick name at the track)
Old 07-11-2009, 09:49 AM
rollingball

Question:
What is the popular replacement drive axels for the Pede? (diff output to wheel axels) I started runnning some 11.1 lipos, them babys really accelerated some driveline wear.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:13 PM
FieroMan121

MIP cvds seem to be the most popular, im looking into them as well
Old 07-11-2009, 06:59 PM
rollingball

Well, They look pretty. I like the CV part of the shaft, dont like the dog bone end. Reason, many moons ago I wore out more dog bone ends than I care for. Dirt and the slicing action wears them out quickly. Spent quite a while looking through most of this thread. I see there are some using Jato half shafts. They must be more durable in the cross sections.

So I picked up them and a 6 pack of the standard Pede half shafts, along with some stub axels and the metal output yokes.

Other than replacing the steering axel carriers and rear axel carriers and a front shock tower to CNC, This Pede has been cheap to run, and I beat it up quite well It has held up well, more than I can say for the stuff that was sold 15 years ago[:'(]

Waiting for a few more price drops, I'm drooling over the brushless edition of the 4 WD E Revo[8D] Oh baby, looking firward to wheelie flips And 6S power. Ruh ruh ruh!!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:32 PM
FieroMan121

decided to turn my pede back into its last incarnation since im getting a vintage traxxas srt and plan on resto-modding it and turning it into a late model

still need to drop in shocks and front links

Old 07-21-2009, 02:41 AM
TIGER76

MAN having more probs with the vxls esc again after one of the motor wire connectors broke off the pcb board i managed to bodge it back together now after a nice weekend run anothers popped off the board !!! who solders directly to the circuit board anyway lol gonna give traxxas a ring today and see what there gonna do to help( hopefully replace it )or im ditching the vxl and going MM [8D]

I noticed on a few other foums people have been soldering an extra length of wire from the esc and puttuing the gold connectors on that way so maybe traxxas will do that i dont know,got a day off work and no truck to bash [][]

My sympathic voice is ready for that phonecall lol
Old 07-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Redvanmafia

Haha thoes stupid VXL's, this one old man at this little hobby shop around here wanted to charge me 285 bucks for a mamba max, i tryed to order a sidewinder he said he would and he didnt, he didnt even try he said they were back ordered, thinking i was an idiot and was going to drop 300+ after tax on a mamba max all he could say was the mamba max is better then the sidewinder, but this old man is just out to make a quick buck, a little 700 sq ft hobby shop hes not making alot of money, i went to my big hobby shop 10,000+ sq ft of everything you could ever want, they had sidewinders in stock castle becs in stock everything!, and this old man wouldnt even order it for me, he runs thru horizon hobbys witch is a joke the big hobby shop go's thru great planes and others, i ordered a monster max after tax it was gonna be 360-380 bucks so i splruged on a losi xcelorin 4800kv combo...... This thing runs so cool i was running 24/86 yesterday up a down an backroad there was a little traffic so we couldnt get a 100% legit run, but we got a few runs in my buddy in his 4.3l v6 safari full posi cold air intake TB spacer full exsaust Hypertech chip it'll run 1/4's at 14.8's its fairly fast for a van, my pede was at 75% throttle pulling away from him at 90kph no problem, its good for 60+ on 24/86 i'll drop 28/86 on it this weekend im going for 70mph, if i punch it at 75% to hard it wheelies, this losi system is NUTS! for 230$ after tax, i run 15/86 for 40mph runs with 30 min run time with ridiculous torque and running cooler then my sidwinder or mamba max ever did
Old 07-21-2009, 03:31 PM
TIGER76

I do love the vxl combo tho not just for the price but the motors got SO much torque its just the quality control on the esc []
Well spoke to someone at support this morning explained what happened as soon as i mentioned gold bullet connectors have pulled away from the circuit board and my LHS wouldnt resolder as its under warrenty and the guy sighed LOL i asked if they had a big problem with the direct soldering to the circuit board and he told me ALOT have been sent back for repair,he seemed helpful enough knew his way around a pede too so all good,told him id seen a pic where they had added lengths of wire from the esc board then added the bullets on the other ned he said sounds like a better solution

So fingers crossed.

While panicing this morning fearing traxxas would do nothing i searched round looking for the VXL combo in the uk for a good price after 3 hours of checking most uk modelshops sites i found the cheapest at £138 with delivery great i thought grab one and keep the other motor as spare and the knacker esc for parts,went straight through checkout no probs 10mins later gets an email from the site that there out of stock and have refunded my card []
The next xheapest one i could find was around £170 for that money i could get a MM or SW from castle so heres hoping traxxas are as good as people praise them to be.

No pede for a good few days as well []
Old 07-21-2009, 03:35 PM
TIGER76

Which batteries you using m8 lipo i guess on 28/83 on 9.6v nimhs i got 56mph on a fresh pack
Im guessing 70 would need a 11.1v at least.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Yosh70

Has anyone lowered the suspension successfully with minimal $$ spent?

I'm ready to order the FLMextended A-arm conversion kit which will widen the stance and lowering it will definitely give me a little more stability as well.

And can anyone recommend a set of tires that work good on the street or is the stock ones the best bet for that type of scenario?

Old 07-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Mufasa_719

Yosh70-An easy way to lower the suspention for minimal $$$ is to use a lil piece of fuel tubing on the shock shaft inside to limit the travel of the shock.

I was looking at the FLM arms for widening the pede. I have almost everything to widen using Jato arms but I just dont want the hassel of converting.

I have the REM 2in chassis and am running a T-Maxx body. Looks great but it is just a lil bit too narrow and the front wheels rub in full compression of the front suspention
Old 07-26-2009, 06:59 PM
FieroMan121

honestly, i extended my pede and ran into a lot of problems with the steering,

dont worry about the wheel rub at full compression, its not going to be a problem for more than a sec so it wont affect your handling.

proline makes 2 street tires, road hawgs and road rages, ive used both, the hawgs handle the dirt better ifyou hit it. both are 2.2 tires.

if you setup your shocks right you should be able to lower it pretty good, the only thing you may run into is a lot of push going into turns
Old 07-27-2009, 12:38 AM
Redvanmafia

i run t-maxx bodies aswell, i want a good off-road tire thats not to tall but still decent at off-road what do you guys recomend?
Old 07-27-2009, 05:43 AM
Mufasa_719

@ Redvan-Maybe the masher2k.

I think i want to switch to the Proline baja bug for the slash, and run the switch wheels.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.