Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

OFFICAL PEDE THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Metallover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICAL PEDE THREAD

ORIGINAL: FieroMan121

if you havent done an extended front arm mod you cant, the xxl's are too long, if you do still want big bores, they sell a set for the pede/rusty that includes 2 "xxl" big bores and 2 "long" size big bores.
I accidently got all four shock bodies "xxl" and they fit fine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82236.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	1102396  
Old 01-03-2009, 08:20 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

not sayin you couldnt make (jangify) them to work but your handling isnt gonna be at its 100% (which for the pede is hard enough as it is) and your better of getting the appropriate sizes
Old 01-04-2009, 01:33 PM
stampederacer2

i already have one pede it has a 15t motor 7 c3ll battes and its stock other than a bumper and a shell any other things i should do to it
[&:][&:]
Old 01-04-2009, 02:38 PM
fusebmx13

Bearings for sure.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Metallover

Anyone have a spare stock body they want to get rid of? Send me a pm if you do. The body I got with my pede looks like crap.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:04 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I havent ran mine in a while, but I am planning to go jump it some at the skate ramps at a park close to here in a couple of days. The body is shot, and i dont really care much for bodies anyway, so I made a roll bar for it. I was going to make it a little nicer, and wider, but i didnt have the metal rod i was going to use, so i just used some scrap metal we had at the shop. Welded some brackets on it, and drilled holes for the bolts. Works great as a handle, and you can still change the batteries with it on no problem. It only has 2 bolts holding it on, so it will come right off if i did want to run a body.

Name:	Mk27279.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	1104514   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19502.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1104515  
Old 01-05-2009, 11:06 PM
cummins driver

Last one

Name:	Ig11627.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	1104516  
Old 01-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Redvanmafia

Nice, but why to the flimsy bodymounts? its a good idea tho i would like to make one and just run that, with nobody
Old 01-06-2009, 12:09 AM
cummins driver

Well, since the mounts are right in the center of the body posts, it really seems to be pretty sturdy. The roll bar itself actually keep the body posts from flexing near as much since they are tied together. Plus there really wasnt a lot else that i could mount them to. I basically wanted something quick and easy. I think the stampede is light enough that it wont be a problem with the way they are mouted. Hopefully I will find out in 2 days when i go hit the skate ramps. I imagine there will be some rough landings

Ill probably paint it soon. Maybe tomorrow. Not sure what color im gonna go with though. Probably black or dark blue. I think so far I like it better as a handle to carry the truck than anything
Old 01-06-2009, 02:31 AM
Redvanmafia

What are the size of the wide stampede steering links?, i need new ones 105mm?
Old 01-06-2009, 06:55 AM
pede_187

ORIGINAL: Redvanmafia

What are the size of the wide stampede steering links?, i need new ones 105mm?
If you are talking about a wide pede conversion (rear arms on the front?), I used 105mm emaxx toe links
Old 01-06-2009, 09:14 AM
fusebmx13

Yea me to. 105 e maxx toe links and rear arms on the front with front wheels on all corners.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Metallover

So the wide arm conversion only takes a set of rear arms and 105mm emaxx steering links?
Old 01-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Redvanmafia

thanks, i forgot what they were!
Old 01-06-2009, 05:19 PM
pede_187

ORIGINAL: Metallover

So the wide arm conversion only takes a set of rear arms and 105mm emaxx steering links?
You will need:

- Rear arms (I'd get RPM)
- 105mm T/E Maxx links
- Stock toe links for camber (I used the VXL toe links, they are beefier)
- longer screws so that they go through the arm
- 3mm nuts

Look towards the middle of the page on this site http://www.ultimatetraxxas.com/proje...ede/phase2.php It tells you how to build the wide pede.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:35 PM
ferrariowner123

Okay im new to the electric buy not to RC. I recently picked up a Stampede VXL (assuming the Stampede XL-5 and VXL both use the same thread, dont see why there would be two different threads for basically the same truck. anyway) All i have done to it is, replace the Radio system with my Spektrum DX2.0 and replaced the shock dampeners and i noticed while driving with a simple 6 cell Venom 3000 MaH that this sucks at turning while at speed its not the turning radius is bad its just i turn right and its keeps going straight, the only way to get it to turn is to let off the throttle to zero. Now i know it shouldn't suck this bad cause my friends Rustler VXL is nimble and agile and the Stampede isnt and there basically the same truck so why the difference? Im pretty confident i haven't screwed with it to much, all i did was replace the shock dampeners (as i said before) with the single hole instead of the stock 2, (not Sure what the technical term for those are?) to get a little stiffness outj of these pethetic shocks because the shocks at stock are softer then all get out. So, is there any tricks or special mods to get this thing to turn at speed? and i was thinking about switching the wheels around because the back seems to have the nice offset, i was thinking that might help with turning. And the braking on this thing sucks as well. Is there a way to increase the braking resistance on my Spektrum while not hurting the motor?

Im looking for a good Lipo that acutally fits, what good lipos that are under $50-$60 and can get me to the 55MPH range atleast or is that asking to much? like i said im new to electric and dont know really how lipo ratings and all that stuff works so yeah little help will be nice or a link that explains lipos and the technical stuff on electrics would be nice.

Thanks

Ferrari
Old 01-11-2009, 08:21 PM
skyscooter

to make mine turn better I softened up the shocks. I have the xl-5 so it is slower than yours and it doesn't turn well, I could only imagine how it would turn if it was faster. I also tighned up the clutch so when I want to turn I give a little brake to get the back end started then punch full throttle and just slide the rear end around. This is not very good on a transmission but it is loads of fun! If you want to try it, just tap the brakes, turn the wheels in the direction you want to go and when the back end starts sliding, hit the throttle and turn the opposite way.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:18 AM
ferrariowner123

does anyone else have any suggestions, i really dont wanna here that i just spent 280 bucks on a fast truck that doesn't even turn???????
Old 01-12-2009, 01:55 AM
Almighty ODST

You're out of luck Ferrari, doing some research would have helped because anyone who has owned a stampede will tell you that they suck in the handling department; it literally is like driving a brick. If you wanted to turn at speed you should have bought a racing truck from AE or Losi or something. Not trying to be rude but you should have done some research before investing that much money into a truck... but honestly, is it REALLY that hard to let off the throttle to be able to turn? I don't understand what the big deal is, it's not like you're racing the thing, so let off the throttle a tad to get it to turn and then punch it again when you point it where you want.

::EDIT::
The above statements were about a pede in stock form; however extending and widening it helps a little bit. I have an extended, widened stampede and it handles quite better than stock. My tires are the limiting factor however and I still can't turn too well because there's no grip. It used to not push nearly as bad but my tires are almost bald.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:39 AM
ferrariowner123

uhhhh i did not want to here that but i guess your right about me doing research though. Can i convert it over to a ruslter? i know that handles alot better, could i buy a chasis and a couplpe of other things to make this thing actually handle? what would i need to do this? all i need is to just new chasis, chasis support braces, what else?
Old 01-12-2009, 01:18 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

yeah pede is a flyin brick lol, to convert to a rusty all you need is the steering bellcrank assemb. , upper deck, lower deck, hardware to make it all work, and batt tie down bar.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:53 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give the Stampede a chance. If you keep driving it for a while in stock form, you'll figure out that you can have a LOT of fun exploiting its shopping cart-like handling characteristics. It's fun to hack it through corners by slamming in some brakes to loosen the back end then whacking the throttle open to keep the rear end hanging out in the corner. Sure, it doesn't carve like an F-1 car, but that's the beauty of it!
Old 01-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Redvanmafia

i need new stampede shocks, right now there stock with the stock oil in them, what are good upgrade shocks?, i also notice my front shocks are to firm what is a good shock oil weight to use?. id like a very plush ride if possible
Old 01-12-2009, 06:46 PM
fusebmx13

The stampede drives like junk. But that is the fun part about it. It is not hard to drive once you get the hang of it. My truck is brushless and 3s lipo and i can beat my brother (who cannot control his throttle finger) who has the rustler with the same setup. And his truck sticks to the ground due to how he has it setup with the flm chassis and stuff.

For shocks get big bores and in the front use slash springs and 35 wt oil. It is the best
Old 01-12-2009, 07:04 PM
stampederacer2

i want anouther truck i already have a stampede and a rustler any other good trucks out there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.