Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Motor with Speed and Torque

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 12:30 AM
aliens8mycow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Motor with Speed and Torque

Always good to hear feedback - and it helps for the record here when someone else is searching for ideas.

About the only other thing right off that I can think of would be to direct solder everything. (motor leads for sure anyway) Batteries too - getting the connectors out of the way will make a difference.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Sunny_B

Are you saying one should solder the battery leads? Would that not necessitate frequent unsoldering and resoldering the batteries in order to charge them between races? Sunny
Old 02-11-2005, 09:52 PM
SkrapIron

Just use deans ultra plugs. Low reisiatnce. Relatively inexpensive. Deliver A ton more current than the Tamayia plugs!
Old 02-12-2005, 07:41 AM
Elmo6s
My Feedback: (1)

Ok, if you really want speeds and torque like that with no maintenance brushless is the only way to go. However, this will run you in the $200 range, and probabely some money for transmission parts that break... I would reccomend doing this as cutting the comm, replacing the brushes, etc. on a good mod motor can get you up to the price of brushless in no time!
Old 02-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Re-Builder

Hey aliens8mycow, the cutting of the brushes made a big difference. We were able to do almost all of what you suggested plus do a little gear hunting and dropped our lap times by over 1 second per lap. Haven't tried anything else but have read a little about the different moters for Stock racing. Looking like I'm going to try a Trinity Monster motor. Also, some of the guys look like they are running buggy rear tires instead on the stock tires? What does this affect? Less wieght to turn? Thought about giving it a try.

Thanks for everyones help. I'll post more and let you know just how quick the truck is getting!
Old 02-12-2005, 11:13 PM
aliens8mycow

Sweet! I'm glad those ideas helped a bit! (and got you where you wanted to be)

The monster is good for a large track with long straights (higher rpm), the p2k2 is better for smaller tracks (more torque).

The smaller tires will allow the the truck to accelerate faster because they are smaller/lighter. You can gear a bit faster too, without getting into heating issues.