Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Man I'm tired of this.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 11:33 PM
supernova803

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Man I'm tired of this.

I finally got my twin detonator one link crawler project into a form to where it can actually move, so I decided to through on some electronics and give it a test run. Well ater discovering that my electronics didn't wrok I got out the trusty volt meter to start narrowing down what the problems could be. It came down to the receiver. I was getting volts coming into the receiver but it wasn't giving any power to the servos. So I switch out the receiver and radio and same thing happens. What gives?[:'(]

Thanks
Old 02-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Default RE: Man I'm tired of this.

Sounds like a bad rx plug on your ESC.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:13 AM
supernova803

Right now I have an MSC on my twin detonator(Can't afford the evx). Also, whats an Rx plug? Is it a crystal or something? Sorry to sound dumb but I'm mostly a nitro guy.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Nitro guys have rx plugs too.. It's the black plug on the end of the wire coming from your speed control, that plugs into the rx. My bet is that one of them is bent/distorted and isn't grabbing the pin when you insert it into the various rx's.. Just cuz your VOM can see the voltage, doesn't mean the pin is getting any. Push the little tab down and pull the jack out of the plug. Make sure it seems right compared to the others. It's also possible that you've got the plug in backwards. It can happen. Verify that.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:31 PM
supernova803

thanks, i'll check it.