Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

ok, whaddaya want?

Old 03-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ok, whaddaya want?

You crazy Canadians! Sounds like sumthin they'd do in Iowa

Yeah, I'd run a gear cover in that situation. Threadlock is probably overkilll though.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:47 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

i don't run a gear cover! and i run rrp gears! and i have no probs!
Old 03-16-2005, 05:08 PM
YzakB4DDRG

ORIGINAL: S.A.E.W.O.T.

i don't run a gear cover! and i run rrp gears! and i have no probs!
Sae, you're a basher... if your racing, you would notice a big difference in your consistency if you're using or not using a gear cover... besides, I've read that it's illegal to race in Regionals, Nationals and Worlds without a gearcover...
Old 03-16-2005, 06:12 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

i donno how i'd go slower or faster without a gear cover... but thats kool!, im not goona race no events
Old 03-16-2005, 07:27 PM
YzakB4DDRG

well, to an average basher or club racer, they may not notice the slight change. But to serious racers, they feel a wide band of change. I dunno, when I drive without my gear cover, I personally feel I drive more consistent figure-8 laps around mine adn the neighbor's driveway. And when I run a gearcover I also feel a sense of security. so when I find out the spur is stripped, I will most likely know the reasons for stripping. and without a cover... gah... I drove without a cover before... I drove full trigger into my neighbor's 1/8 scale Radioshack hummer... the hummer broke the front arm... not too shabby them radioshack guys... but xmods are not bad... anyways, my motor ejected from it's position and wasn't touching the spur at all...
Old 03-16-2005, 08:00 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

DON'T HIT STUFF! and make sure ur screws r tight! im always hittin stuff and breakin' parts but not once did my motor move!....hmmm? and what happend if u got a lil pepble in side the gear cover?...it's gonna mess ur gears right up! and i go thru mud, dirt, gravel, grass.. all that and, i still have the oringinal rrp 87t spur i got 4 my evader like 4months ago, and i still have the 19t pinion that i got at the same time as the spur and i do NOT run a gearcover
Old 03-17-2005, 02:48 PM
YzakB4DDRG

You're not a racer, that's why... but you still have a better chance of fscking your gears. the RPM gear cover for the B4 and T4 are as bulletproof as the Stealth transmissions themselves...
Old 03-17-2005, 02:58 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

With the SS5800s in my trucks, I may run one this year. But, if I end up ditching the Novaks, and going back to brushed motors, I know I won't run one. I change motors too often on raceday to be screwing around with a gear cover.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:37 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

thats what im like speed i have 4 diffrent motors and im always tryin' 2 make them the fastest they can be with diff gearing and brushes and springs and irun my bl some times!, so that basicly y i don't run 1!, cuase it's a pissoff always takein off the gear cover!
Old 08-30-2009, 07:45 PM
juleous

The cap on my stock gear cover came off and I didn't notice it right away and some small stones got in there and muffed up the gears big time. I wish that I had the RPM gear cover before I destroyed my gears good thing parts are so cheap. Just waiting for it to show up so I can get rid of my [expletive] stock one that now has duct tape over the hole cause I can't find the cover that fell off. What a hunk of junk to put on such a nice kit.

Edited, The use of inappropriate, offensive language or language substitutions are not permitted on RCUniverse.com.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: juleous

The cap on my stock gear cover came off and I didn't notice it right away and some small stones got in there and muffed up the gears big time. I wish that I had the RPM gear cover before I destroyed my gears good thing parts are so cheap. Just waiting for it to show up so I can get rid of my [expletive] stock one that now has duct tape over the hole cause I can't find the cover that fell off. What a hunk of junk to put on such a nice kit.
Holy thread reviver! 4 hours, 5 months old!

First of all, we dont know what car you have. And second of all, it is your fault that the cap came off so dont call it a [expletive]. I put a little shoe goo so it slides in easy but bonds to the gear cover, and if i need to make an adjustment, I take the cover off, 3 small screws.

The use of inappropriate, offensive language or language substitutions are not permitted on RCUniverse.com.