Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Offcial xxx-t thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Thomas P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Offcial xxx-t thread

My 2nd MF2 the other one with some GTB/6.5r, to bad ive sold it..so this winter i bought a new one, and a 7700/5700 combo, and a GTB 5.5r combo..Winter we run indoor offroad on this track http://www.rc54.com/images/skarp/race1/1206_skarp8.jpg

I will test Foams, and im thinking of 70 front and 50 rear? harder springs..havnt tested this yet, just finished with my foams. http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...2/SSA41641.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...2/SSA41763.jpg

Tested the truck with the 5700, and it wasnt what ive expected...the hype about it would be Explosive-fast wasnt there, a nice combo ,low end was ok, top speed ...ok, 60 deg Celsius on motor(14/Stock spur) ESC was just 35-40...My GTB combo was coolr on motor,but hotter esc
Old 01-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Krakit

ORIGINAL: Hemi6677

I second what Special Ed said.

Krakit, thank you for the sacrafice and duty that you and your fellow soldiers offer the world everyday. Stay safe as I have enjoyed many of your posts and stories of how you enjoy your RC hobby while on duty in Iraq.

I can't begin to tell you how much information I have absorbed and put into practice from reading this thread. It has made my transition to racing my XXX-T much easier.

Hemi6677 & SpecialEd,
Hey guys, thanks for your sympathy it's appreciated. I've been in and out of Iraq and Afganistan for several years now, and it has been quite a challenge to overcome, but my family and I do our best to get by when I'm not home. I signed up for this and you will never hear me complain because I am proud of whom my allegiance is pledged to. Yes, I have missed special events in my life, but I do it for the freedom of my family and yours. I just maintain the focus of a better life, freedom and happier days running my rc with my daughter.

Well, my XXX-T is still FUBAR. I am still waiting for my replacement parts as I have demolished my front end after installing my Novak 5.5R...which was FAST! Well, I got bored here, waiting for parts, so I got to surfing the internet again and decided to get me a rc buggy...for ME. I told the wifey that the XXX-T was for my daughter and that the buggy was for myself. And even though I liked the Losi XXX-T, I really liked the TTECH XRS. I totally tripped out on the body style, low profile shock towers and the engineering of the shocks...WAY COOL! I also picked up a Mamba Max 7700/ ESC combo to tear apart the desert with my daughter. I'll keep y'all posted.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:53 PM
ken420

well i raced for the first time today!i did pretty good,made it to the a-main and finished 5th out of 6 not bad for the first time ever racing and the second time having the xxx-t on the track.i cant wait for next weekend..
Old 01-29-2007, 03:41 AM
rccrazyindenver

Do yourself a favor if you haven't already and go through the car and tighten every nut and bolt. I've had three nuts back out on mine in the steering and caused the turnbuckle to come off. It was actually two, but I caught one tonight while repairing my truck
Gents,

To give you an idea, Im an avid racer in fact my XXX-T never touches anything other than than my local race track. I go over my entire truck before every race and most times at least one time during a night of racing. These things cause some vibrations and screws come loose, so I check EVERY screw, ball stud, and anything that could move before every race!!! But be care full not to over tighten these screaws or the plastic will start to strip or stretch. Good luck to all!!! You should all try racing at least once.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Maxime

Thomas P.....

Did you try gearing a bit higher? 14/88 seems a bit low to me (assuming you are using the RTR 88t spur).

I'm running 16/86 right now with stock size tires ( Step Pins in the back.... what's the diameter of your foams?) and still getting very good low end. Those motors aren't as critical as others on gearing.... And even geared high they still have a lot of torque.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:06 PM
losixxx-t

Ken, put a drop of Lock-Tite on the screws also. Will keep them from coming loose. Thats what i'm doing to mine. Be sure to get the blue stuff, not red or green 'cause you wont be able to take the screws back out if you need to.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Krakit

ORIGINAL: losixxx-t

Ken, put a drop of Lock-Tite on the screws also. Will keep them from coming loose. Thats what i'm doing to mine. Be sure to get the blue stuff, not red or green 'cause you wont be able to take the screws back out if you need to.
Additional FYI about the different Loctite specs out there:

Loctite 609 & 620 - Green [Heavy Duty strength - Press fit & large gaps]

Loctite 242 - Blue [Medium Duty]

Loctite 222 & 221 - Purple [Light Duty]
Old 01-30-2007, 11:08 AM
mulligan68

What batteries do you guys recommend for racing? I have a couple 3300 sport packs and I wasn't too impressed with the mamba running those packs.

I also have a Super Brain and I don't like the fact it false peaks everytime Thinking about the ICE or the Triton2 - Any thoughts

Finally painted my body and put together a new shelf car...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17640.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	609914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg18222.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	609915  
Old 01-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Brushless Corey

I've had my Super Brain false peak on me a couple times as well. THis weekend at the track as a matter of fact. I did about 10 laps and it was slowing down really fast and then I broke it.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Hemi6677

I had been using a Super Brain 959 to charge my 3300 sport packs and was not pleased at all with the results. Ended up charging my batt's on a antique HI-IQ charger a guy next to me was using and noticed a lot more punch in my batteries.

For chargers I think the best deals out right now are the Duratrax ICE (which I am purchasing), or the LRP Pulsar 2. Both of these chargers are great and give you the most bang for your buck unless you want to spend $300+ on something better. I know there are obviously more chargers in the ICE and LRP's price range but these two seem to get the most votes for great chargers right now.

As for batteries it looks to me that most people are running IB or GP cells in either 3800 or 4200 size. But the thing you have to watch is where you get them from. There are more battery dealers then you can shake a stick at all proclaiming they sell the bestest batteries in the whole wide world!! At the moment I am looking at picking up some IB4200's from Promatch batteries when I can afford them.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:42 PM
rccrazyindenver

You also want to look at the numbers on the packs!!! you can get 4200's that have runtime from 350s to 450s+. You also want to look at the AV number. I have seen 4200's with 1.18 all the way up to 1.24 on the AV, the higher the better. ANother thing to look at is how old you current packs are and how they are being treated. Some guys will say that discarging packs is not needed, I know different. I didn't discarge my packs for a long time, when I finaly got a Spintec discharger and noticed an instant difference!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Thomas P

Hev anyone tested the Feigao380C in the truck? i know it says "perfect for Touring" but im not so satisfied(spelling) with the trottlekurve/feeling in the system..and i did recived a recomendation on this motor... what do yu think? http://www.starluckrc.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=130 inddor racing carpet, lot of bigair gaps
Old 01-30-2007, 05:56 PM
rccrazyindenver

Specialed,

You going to make it out to the track anytime this week? I will be racing tomorrow night and Saturday night, time to get ready for the Rumble!!! FYI We get a new trck friday night!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 12:04 AM
Brushless Corey

What type of motors are you guys running in your XXX-T's? I have the 4300ss brushless in mine now, but I want more. My brother has teh Mamba Max 7700 and its retaded on a track. I'm mainly going to be running my truck on a track and I don't want something that is over kill. I was thinking a Novak GTB Velociti 6.5 or 7.5 would be good enough. What do you think? What kind of speeds will I see with 4200 Nimh batteries?

I just bought a XXX BK2 buggy and I'm gonna put the 4300ss in it. I also have a XX-4 that I will be buying a Velociti 5.5 for it this weekend. A littl overkill on the XX-4 is alright cause it has better traction.

Thanks....Corey
Old 01-31-2007, 12:22 AM
Thomas P

my recomendations is, GBT/6.5r or the Mamba 5700 or the new one ,was it 6900 or 6300 rpm/v.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:56 AM
SpecialEd

ORIGINAL: rccrazyindenver

Specialed,

You going to make it out to the track anytime this week? I will be racing tomorrow night and Saturday night, time to get ready for the Rumble!!! FYI We get a new trck friday night!!!
What's up, Crazy man?

It's all going to depend on whether or not I can get out of going to a friend's bachelor party. He's a good friend but I'm not into riding around all night drinking anymore (had enough of that earlier in life). If I get out of that I will be there Saturday night.

I got the bank (wife) to approve new rubber for the XXX-T and was thinking about which ones to get. I noticed that, like you said, the silver compound step pins really weren't so hot (lots of rear end sliding around). The bowties worn down to about 50% worked much better (don't recall what compound I bought them in but I usually buy M3 when getting tires). Local stock is limited so I was thinking about hole shots, square fuzzies or maybe razor pins. What do you think would work best for MHOR (I know...one of each)? I am also looking at getting some blades for the front because my edge tires aren't the greatest. I thought maybe the blades would hook up better in the corners.

Yeah...can't wait to see the new track layout. It'll be interesting to see if my improvement during practice last week was due to learning to drive or just learning the course. We'll see. Good luck tonight. Score one for the XXX-T boys.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Brushless Corey

ORIGINAL: Thomas P

my recomendations is, GBT/6.5r or the Mamba 5700 or the new one ,was it 6900 or 6300 rpm/v.

Thanks....Do you know what kind of speeds the Velociti systems can get out of them? I was thinking a 6.5 or 7.5 would be good for the XXX-T. I don't want too much power. I'm putting a Velociti 5.5 in my XX-4. I'll get a Mamba Max once I get enough parts to build me a stupid fast basher.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:23 PM
cjmcfoot

OK maybe stupid question, I am building the MF2 and I noticed that the outdrive shafts on the tranny, make contact with the titanium hinge pins holding the rear A-arms in place against the frame. It is actually quite difficult to turn the dogbones by hand when the outdrive shaft is touching the hinge pins. Should I install small shims under the tranny or will the outdrive shafts just wear onto the hinge pins with use?

C
Old 01-31-2007, 08:40 PM
samsondave

You have the aluminum rear pivot mount “part# a4128” upside down.
I did the same thing.[X(]
Old 01-31-2007, 09:32 PM
Maxime

I did the same thing too
Old 02-01-2007, 12:21 AM
rccrazyindenver

Special,

I'm working on getting out of something for Saturday night as well. So hope fully I will be there.

Tires: Holeshots in M3 or R3 is ok as well. Blades up front will work.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Andyman004

whats up guys.......glad to see all the xxx-t support

I have a rtr sport and love it. my first mods were to trash the lame motor and buy a good 15 turn. that satisfied me for a while but was craving more.
soooo I now have mm 5700 and 7700 set ups with ib4200's. The truk flies......at the moment im only runnin 5700 on our local indoor dirt track and that is more than enough power.

I just bought some proline holeshot tires for the rear and blades for the front. Im hoping this will make a difference in traction cause i was still using the stock tires...and well they werent doin the best due to the power and the hardpaced track conditions. i will find out on saturday and post some results.

what springs and oil do you guys reconmend for my truck. it still has the stock shocks. the track i practice at has some jumps ....nothin crazy though. biggest one is about 2 foot high but most are around a foot. alot of tight turns and one decent strait. any help would be appreciated

thanx
Old 02-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Thomas P

ORIGINAL: Brushless Corey

Thanks....Do you know what kind of speeds the Velociti systems can get out of them? I was thinking a 6.5 or 7.5 would be good for the XXX-T. I don't want too much power. I'm putting a Velociti 5.5 in my XX-4. I'll get a Mamba Max once I get enough parts to build me a stupid fast basher.
the speed is ok, no dragster like a Mini-T 8kv mamba , i used to run the 6.5r outdoor i liked it... my Old MF2..tested outside a track http://galleriet.hobby-site.com/film...benstocken.wmv
Old 02-01-2007, 01:09 PM
SpecialEd

the speed is ok, no dragster like a Mini-T 8kv mamba , i used to run the 6.5r outdoor i liked it... my Old MF2..tested outside a track http://galleriet.hobby-site.com/film...benstocken.wmv
Thomas, nice video. Those Sand Paws really hooked up nicely. I run a pair of those when I go to Moab, Utah. They're pretty indispensable when running in deep loose sand and dirt. I just put my Novak 6.5R in a couple of months ago so haven't had a chance to run it with the Sand Paws. I am now looking forward to it more than I was before. Thanks for sharing the video.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:51 PM
ken420

hi guys,what would be a good servo to upgrade the stock xxx-t one with?i dont plan to do this mod right away but eventually i wouldnt mind getting something a bit quicker.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.