Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

e max vs. ezilla

Old 12-19-2005, 05:40 PM
kostaktinos_mt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: e max vs. ezilla

first of all,you should just be polite. you are rude towards someone you don`t even happen to know. second, i am not reading any manufacturer`s claims. 3rd, [doesn`t matter if your emaxx is stock-although i don`t think so], keep in mind that most emaxx owners claim that they have [or had] durability issues with the stock emaxx. i am one of them. 4th, the stock savage SS [i own one] tops at 40mph, and when geared up, it goes 45. if you are getting mid 30s, probably you have a savage25. now the other claim [regarding the two speed tranny of the emaxx] IS what should be called ignorance. it doesn`t need to have a M.Sc in engineering [although i do have one] to know that multiple gearing IS ALMOST USELESS in electric vehicles. you are confusing the proportional torque of the internal combustion engines towards the inverted proportional torque of the electric motors. so go read some engineering stuff and talk to people that know better than you, so you can really start opening your mind. by the way...electric vehicles own the record of top speed in both 1:1 scale and lower scale [like RCs]. i guess you don`t know that either. so stop saying that nitros are faster than electric. that is ignorance also. the truth is that nitros are faster than electric right out of the box. but regarding top speed potential, there is not much that you can do to make a nitro go a lot faster-except of course if you put a 20cc { } nitro engine in them! electric cars do have that potential. now regarding the stock e-zilla`s top speed, i am telling you once again: get one, and ride it on 14 [good quality] cells. use any speed detecting method you like. when you do that, we can talk. regarding my IQ i don`t have to comment anything towards a 13-year old boy like you. when you get where i am [if you ever do], we could speak as equals. you have a lot to learn before that happens.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:48 PM
BC Electric

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

LOL I have heard all the talk, just like this verus Ford and Chevy. Guys get real here, some of us like our E-Maxx (me for one) and some like other trucks. No need to flame anyone, we are here to have fun.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:50 PM
BC Electric

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

PS: I have a degree in Engineering and proably older than anyone here,,LOL
Old 12-19-2005, 05:55 PM
kostaktinos_mt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

bc electric, i totally agree with you. that is what i said. i had an emaxx for 2 years, and i LIKED IT. its a good truck. BUT, in my humble opinion, the e-zilla [which i also own] suits me better. rc fan-addict seems not to accept that, while he hasn`t been an owner of BOTH vehicles. that is his problem though... my problem is that his is being rude. but i don`t hold it on him, he is 13yr old...he will grow...
Old 12-19-2005, 07:43 PM
R/C fan-addict

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

shut up. all I have to say
Old 12-19-2005, 07:45 PM
kostaktinos_mt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

as i said, you will grow... i will shut up when i have to, not when you say so.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:12 AM
rhylsadar

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hi

@kostaktinos_mt
how did you fit the 7cells in the e zilla? i once saw a picture of somenone who did it but i can not rembember if it was in this forum here.

just for the record. i read in some germanspeaking forums those e maxx vs e zilla threads. there are also people (owning both cars) who claim that stock the e maxx runs a bit faster than e zilla. there is a common opinion that the e zilla is out of the box more durable. also the reports of broken c-hubs are getting more. just adding some other experience.

bye rhylsadar

ps: offtopic. maybe you should argue a bit less like a smartass and you would get more accurate answers even from young people. but your "1st, 2nd etc" postings sound like your are trying to teach someone. (likely you are a intelligent person but maybe you shouldn't show it that obvious)
btw what should be the difference between the 25 and the ss savage concerning speed if driven with the same gearing?
Old 12-20-2005, 01:28 PM
AznBash3r
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

kostaktinos, good wrap up and comparison on the zilla and maxx! i dont think anybody can say sh*t if they dont own BOTH the trucks. if you have an opinion on one truck, then good.... state it out loud but if you say lots of BS about another object comparing to the one your bragging about, then just leave it to yourself, dont share it. rc addict don't be starting crap in this thread cuz it's helping out many people....they dont want this thread to be locked.

rhy, the 25 is RTR and comes with basic parts and equipment, while the SS is a kit and has a lil bit more hop-ups already added into it. if im not mistaken, they both have the .25 engine, but correct me if im wrong.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:36 PM
kostaktinos_mt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

@rhylsadar,

you can fit a 7th cell in the e-zilla via many ways. usually owners prefer to cut a small portion of plastic out of the battery holders, so the 7th cell remains in the outer part of the chassis. there are 2 directions you can do that: either outwards, or inwards [7th cell faces the chassis]. personally, i prefer the 2nd method, since i don`t want the 7th cell exposed to impacts,etc. however, some people just unplug the stock battery holders and mount their custom ones [such as those found in the electric savage conversions]. also, keep in mind that if you already have an e-maxx and some 7cell packs for it, you can use these packs directly into the e-zilla as long as you use the 1st method [cut some plastic out of the stock battery holders]. one last note about that: you can fit the 7th cell with out even cutting some plastic. however, the swapping/changing of the packs gets really fuzzy, so cut some un-needed plastic for your own ease.
you can find a pic of an e-zilla [posted in the second page in the current thread] that utilizes 14 cells without modification on the holders.

now regarding the broken c-hubs, i will agree. i haven`t broken any yet, but the front left one has a crack [on the upper pin] on it - so i guess it will soon get ruined. i hope some aluminium ones will hit the market soon. personally if i find myself needing many c-hub replacements, i might just as well go to a machinery center and give them a stock plastic one so they can replicate it in alluminium form. that is something any machining center can do, since a c-hub isn`t a complicated piece of engineering. i don`t have a clue about the cost of that replication though... i had a clod chassis replicated about 5 years ago and it costed me about 40euros [45usd], but that was a 600gr boone of allouminium!!! [:'(]

I will completely disagree on this one: "there are also people (owning both cars) who claim that stock the e maxx runs a bit faster than e zilla". well yes, i suppose it is possible that some owners say that if they run the e-zilla on its stock packs [which are JUNK!] and compare it with an e-maxx loaded with GP cells or something! Even the manufacturer of the e-maxx [traxxas] admits that the speed of the stock e-maxx on 12 good cells is 22mph. that is the speed of the e-zilla on the stock [12cell] packs [confirmed by rc magazines]! you know,i am not the only one who claims that the stock e-zilla hits 30mph with [12cell] good packs.
JUST FOR THE RECORD:

from radiocontrolzone:

"overall my conclusion in speed is that the E zilla is faster than emaxx stock for stock form even in high gear on emaxx it was still slower than E zilla. I wonder how E zilla handles on 14 cells pretty fast I can only assume....."
-an owner of an e-maxx and an e-zilla using THE STOCK PACKS! once tried good packs: "KAWPOWWWWWWW.....just got in my indi charger and the team orions stick packs 3700 and I have to say this thing now really HAULSSS A--!!! I could be wrong, but this thing is as fast as the emaxx on 14 cells WOW....."

"Just put the first run on the truck...wow...it is fast. Those who said the stock packs are garbage weren't kidding. What a joke. I don't have any other packs with Tamiya plugs on them right now, so further testing will have to wait until tomorrow. ... I think the suspension works great. The truck handles great. I was driving on loose stuff, so I didn't exactly have a lot of traction, but I couldn't roll it. It seems to be pretty calm over the bumps too. It really drives like a much bigger truck. So far I'm very, very pleased with the thing."
-an owner of an e-maxx and an e-zilla. the next post was made by the same guy, once he runned the e-zilla with good packs:
"The truck did run well though...and it's very fast for an electric truck on 12 cells. It won't wheelie from a standstill with the stock packs, but with my better packs it immediately flipped over backwards." .... "DAMN this is a well designed truck. I loved the way it drove, and now I absolutely LOVE the way it's designed. It really is just like an electric Savage. You've gotta pull a lot of stuff apart to get to certain things, but it comes apart very, very quickly and easily, and all of the screws are easy to get to. Wrenching on this truck could not be more pain free. Once parts become available for this thing I see the E-Maxx as having one HELLUVA battle to keep it's throne at the top of electric monster trucking..."

"Ive had my ezilla for a while now and I really like it! I was sorta dissapointed when i got it, charged it and ran it, but then I ordered some cheap powerizer 3300s and the difference is NIGHT and DAY! i cant get over what a difference they made! totally shocks with the increase!!!!!!!!!! i love this thing all over again and its actually fast enough for now to ease my buying blues i had when i 1st got it."
-another owner.

from truggyracers.com:
"dec issue of xtreme rc just did a review of the ezilla,they loved it,only bad thing they said was the battery is crap,but still even with stock batts it got a top speed of 22mph,and they would expect much better speed and performance with better quality batts as fast as 30mph with battery batts,the ezilla motors are more powerful then the emaxx.."

and there was also a guy [i don`t remember his nickname though] in this forum stating that he measured the speed of his e-zilla with a venom speedmeter and got 30mph. also, keep in mind that these facts stand on measurements using 12 cells. anyone [and these people are too few] who has run an e-zilla with 14 cells, should know that it transforms into a race-able truck, comparable to nitro performance, especially when using aftermarket-wider tires.

now regarding the savage:
@aznracer, you were right about the SS and 25 comparison. The former SS kit used the .25nitroStar engine which was also used in the savage 25 rtr version.the difference was stated in the clutch shoe count: 2 for the SS, 3 for the 25. however, the current SS kit is supplied with an .28 engine [4.6cc], which outputs a 2.9 horsepower, thus propelling the savage SS to 40mph [or 44 with lean mixture]. using the aftermarket 3spd transmission conversion, it is claimed that it hits at least 45mph [haven`t tested nor seen that one myself].
@rhylsadar, the original SS kit used the same engine as the 25 [was also mentioned above]. the 25rtr topped at 38 mph while the SS topped at 40mph. that 2mph difference [which is not mention-worthy though] occured [i guess] due to the use of the 2-shoe clutch of the SS kit, as opposed to the 3-shoe clutch of the 25rtr.

you know mr.rhylsadar, you should at least be objective if not fair. check the following:

ORIGINAL:
R/C fan-addict:

"somehow the tmaxx sucks compared to the savage yet the emaxx kills the ezilla!"

"it costs 300 and the emaxx costs 315 and the emaxx does not include batteries or a charger so... "

"durability? MY ASS!"

"...or you are really stupid!"

"As for a stock emaxx speed it can go at least 25 mph (2 speed tranny)."

"So why don't you stop bsing everyone and shut up?"

"shut up. all I have to say "
DO YOU REALLY CALL THESE ACCURATE ANSWERS? are you serious? i didn`t call anyone stupid, yet you say that i play the role of the smartass here! i didn`t said anyone to "shut up all i have to say", yet you are telling me that I am the one who uses the wrong approach? BE OBJECTIVE MAN. if someone disagrees with you, doesn`t mean he is a jerk. so get real...

ORIGINAL:

rhylsadar:
"...but your "1st, 2nd etc" postings sound like your are trying to teach someone. (likely you are a intelligent person but maybe you shouldn't show it that obvious)..."
i never said that i am intelligent or something even close to that. and YES i was teaching an ignorant and premature boy to learn,to talk polite, and hear the opinions of other people as well {and not ripping on them because they just disagree based on science]. I just feel bad because you mr.rhylsadar seem to lack objectiveness. and you shouldn`t.

one last one: i made a mistake on the other thread regarding the top speed of the e-zilla using the aftermarket motors. Here in europe we mostly use kilometers as a unit to measure distance, not miles. To be more specific, i used a multiplier of 1.5 to calculate the kilometers to miles, which was wrong. the correct multiplier is 1.5789. so, the actual top speed of the e-zilla [when running 2 electrifly 19turn 550 size motors on 14 cells/16.8v, 22/66 gearing, heatsinks on the motors, fan cooler on the ESC] was 66.05 km/h, which translates to 42 mph NOT 48.6mph. i apologize to everyone for that mistake-it was all my own fault. i found it out yesterday while i was making some calculations regarding a matter completely unrelated to rc.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:31 PM
AznBash3r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

kostaktinos, your making me wanna open up my e-zilla from the box and start using it! (cant open till xmas). lol
Old 12-20-2005, 09:38 PM
kostaktinos_mt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

oh you are not on your own! i can`t drive my ezilla too! i have lot of work to do, and the city that i currently study/live isn`t the best place to bash. but at 12/23 i will be in crete [my island] and my house is on the beach sand
Old 12-20-2005, 10:44 PM
R/C fan-addict

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

dude with all the "mr." **** your being a complete ******* and that is why I have zero respect for you. and I meant that the ezilla costs 350. I have no problem with you having a different opinion. But when you just tell me that I'm "premature" or "but i don`t hold it on him, he is 13yr old" I don't want to hear that! yeah I am younger than you and not as mature but you are judging me without ever even knowing me! and you're also being sterotypical by basically saying that all 13 year olds are rude *******s. That is why I do not respect you
Old 12-21-2005, 03:38 AM
rhylsadar

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hi

thx for the info on the 7 cells.

so it seems c hubs are a bit a weak spot.

and yes i agree that the majority of the reports claims that e zilla is faster. i didn't say anything else. there are few other statements. so i think this issue is settled. i have seen most of the posts you copied there. actually i do not care that much about the stock speed but more about the durability issue for my purposes.
but good to know.

concerning savages i was just asking because you made that difference between the ss and the 25. i know that there are some minor differences. i do have some savages....nitro and electric. i was just wondering about the speed statement you made above. of course the 4.6 is another story.

OT: you misunderstand me. i didn't want to appear biased against or in favour of someone. i completely agree that rc fan addict did not answer in a accurate way. all i wanted to say is that maybe with the kind of wording you use sometimes (this includes the tic you have to prefix this "mr" ) you are in some way or the other provoking this kind of answers. escpecially from people who can not differentiate between their toys and themselves and react as if somebody did offend them personally when saying something slightly negativ about a toy they own. so that was just a minor point i wanted to make. i agree that this does not excuse a reaction like our young fellow showed. it just doesn't matter if your are or become an engineer. notes like these may appear egomaniacal. i personally like the way you argue because its based on some concepts. but we should keep in mind that rc is not an exact science where you have to find the holy grail of truth.

but to come back to topic. i was wondering how the drivetrain will hold up in the e zilla. in a stock e maxx we know there are bigger problems even using minor brushless setups. how does the rear center shaft look like. no issues so far?

btw i have read another info. about the controller. someone smoked the controller after he used a digital servo....it is not clear yet if this was because of the digital servo or for some other reason like some water getting in the controller or the like.

bye
rhylsadar

Old 12-21-2005, 06:17 AM
EvaderST00

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i just bought my e-maxx last night and it should be here via ups today but the reason i choose the e-maxx over the ezilla, is that the e-maxx has been around for much longer and has proven its self to be a good and durable truck. it maybe be slower but its a monster truck not a stamium truck so speed isnt that big of a deal to me but it doe shelp sell a car. but anothr big reason i choose the e-maxx is the aftermarket and hobby shop support. i have an evader also and its sucks getting parts locally cuz no one sells them. but the 2 lhs in my area both are big into traxxas so being able to buy parts lacally if i break it was a big selling piont also.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:09 PM
AznBash3r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

evader, in a time span of 3 months, you will spend about $150 on replacements or hop-ups from the broken parts. thats just how the e-maxx is. shoulda gotten the e-zilla [&:]
Old 12-21-2005, 01:11 PM
AznBash3r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

o ya, for the people who have an e-zilla...is the servo metal geared?
Old 12-24-2005, 05:20 PM
Nigga900

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The E-zilla's better. It's got a clean simple layout under that goofy looking body, and it's like the HPI savage, so i'm pretty sure you can just swap the body for a Silverado body or what ever floats ur boat. Stock batteries are junk though, But just looking at it's simple design gives you less of a head-ache when you're working on it. Apparently the parts are limited, but it's probably pretty similar to the savage for a lot of things, but i don't really know.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Nigga900

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

PS, thanks for this forum because i almost got the E-Craxx alot.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:18 PM
AznBash3r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

1 down, 794 more to go
Old 12-25-2005, 11:22 PM
Alfalfameister

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It's really nice getting/reading info from various forums (fora?). I have been debating between the E-Zilla and the Maxx, and, upon checking at prices locally (Philippines), the Zilla is considerably cheaper (Maxx $400+, Zilla $320+ -- both after taxes, shipping, etc... from LOCAL retailers).

Parts/Hopups-wise, they're about the same -- they're both not common (not surprising, considering that the minimum daily wage in my third-world country is about US$6/day, so R/C is generally reserved for the well-to-do).

Since parts are both scarce and expensive, it's nice to know that the Zilla is a durable. Will probably be purchasing right after New Year's...

Thanks to all the information givers on this thread!

--Alf
--Manila, Philippines
Old 01-03-2006, 03:31 PM
shredder111

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Some parts on the E-Zilla are definately interchangeable with Savage parts except HB and HPI just have to announce which ones. E-Zilla all the way, will be ordering one very soon. CAN'T WAIT!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![X(]

Shredder111[>:]
Old 01-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Nigga900

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

NEW AFTERMARKET E-ZILLA10 PARTS (From The Japan HPI website)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73666.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	382841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55434.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	382842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30944.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	382843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rl24569.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	382844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fq89875.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	382845   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bs13605.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	382846  
Old 01-07-2006, 05:49 PM
kostaktinos_mt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the e-zilla finally hits the market also as a kit - however the only thing missing is the radio and the charger & batteries i think. the price is lowered by 100$ or so, and the new RTR version now includes 3300mah nimh packs for about the same price! FINALLY!
Old 01-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Muscle2005

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kostaktinos_mt

the e-zilla finally hits the market also as a kit - however the only thing missing is the radio and the charger & batteries i think. the price is lowered by 100$ or so, and the new RTR version now includes 3300mah nimh packs for about the same price! FINALLY!

Where can we find this kit? I have been debating between the E-Maxx and E-Zilla myself and I now think I will go for the E-Zilla, good info kostaktinos_mt.

Old 01-07-2006, 08:14 PM
kostaktinos_mt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

as we speak the prebuilt version of the e-zilla is being sold around at japan, but i guess it will take a month or so before it hits the european and the US market. after some research and a couple of phone calls at the distributing department of HB in greece, i can say for sure that the prebuilt version comes without the GT charger, the batteries and the radio, and it will be about 100-120$ cheaper [around 220-250$]. also, the prebuilt version has a pre-cut monster beetle body but it requires partial painting. however, if you don`t have a charger or any packs, i suggest that you wait [i guess again a month or so] for the newest RTR version which has everything [the charger is decent] and 2 3300mah nimh packs [A MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT - the 2000mah nicd packs that came along the first RTR version were JUNK!], for about the same price. i also hear that stainless steel [or alluminium] c-hubs are going to hit the market at spring...i hope so...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.