Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Check out my new Evader ST

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Mrfranchize02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out my new Evader ST

I rarely see Evaders with different a skinz so I just wanted to share a couple of pics of my stock E-truck with Losi fury body that I just painted. I'm going to try to race it in the stock electric class tomorrow.

Old 07-23-2005, 04:48 PM
StOcKerRaCer

Default RE: Check out my new Evader ST

welcome to the evader club!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Mrfranchize02

I bought the Evader because I'm thinking about racing electric and 1/8 scale buggy next year. I haven't touched an electric car in about five years. I am very impressed with the Evader RTR build and speed.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:38 PM
rcmaster1029
Banned

Yeah its sweet to me unlike some people think on here. Glad to see you got one. Very nice paint job!
Old 07-25-2005, 06:35 PM
evader74

I've had my evader a couple years now and I love it's speed it has out of the box.So to get more speed I put a trinity 27turn P2KPRO motor and a 18 tooth pinion gear on it.Talk about fast I raced it last weekend and came in 2nd out of 6.That was racing against losi's and ae so evaders are fast.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Mrfranchize02

Thats funny because I was about to tell you guys about my first race day with the Evader st. I went out the track with no intensions to race in the stock electric class, but I when I got the truck on the track I changed my mind. The track was a bit slick so I had to do some adjustments to the slip so that I could get a smooth take off. The only thing I changed was the servo. I used a jr 590. I can't tell you how much attention my truck drew because my RTR truck costs the same price as those guys ESC's and I was keeping up with them. I started driving nitro five years ago and haven't even touched an electric since. My truck has the 20t motor so of course the others where fast but racers know that its not about speed, its about consistancy. The truck was the perfect speed for this tight track. We had 8 electrics and only 5 1/8 scale buggies to show up so I decided to race both classes. I ended up coming in 3rd out of 8 with the cheapest truck on the market. I hear a lot of people downing the Evader but Im making it my personal goal to show them that is all about the driver. I hear that you can get all metal gears for the tranny, if someone could tell me more Id sure appreciate it. I had so much fun that Im thinking about parking my 8th scale until the state championships in October, and hyping this truck up.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:23 AM
StOcKerRaCer

you might want to keep plastic gears so less rotational mass=faster. If you are racing a tight track I would recommend a trinity 27t revenge of the monster it's a very hi torque motor If your keeping up with them now you will smoke them with this motor