Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Nitro Vs. Electric!!! another one of these threads!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 10:11 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Vs. Electric!!! another one of these threads!

it also came with a brand new jr xr3 radio system, they both turn heads but people know that its not a radio shack car when they see a fuel tank and hear the sound
Old 08-10-2005, 10:14 PM
SkrapIron

ORIGINAL: jkrustchinsky

like i said though i like them both the same, electrics just cant beat the speed of a nitro but electric kills them in torque and bottom end
What are you smoking, and where can I get some? My SS5800 is faster than most Nitro's out of the box ( 43.2mph )!

My Feigao powered B4 topped 62 mph. Show me a nitro that can keep up?

On 7 cells, it's running 54mph! Nitro can't touch that! Dude, Nitro is SLOWER!!! ( lack of RPM is what kills it! )

RCJunky,

You're dead on there! RC Rules! ( and I value your opinion too! )
Old 08-10-2005, 10:20 PM
rcjunky22
My Feedback: (2)

Ha, thanks Skrap- I've always looked towards your posts for valuable information. But hey, I think JKrust was referring to out of the box speed...And I think hes gotta point. Again, thats just outta the box Once you hit a .28 in a ST you cant go much higher...but with electric, well, electric. Keep adding cells and more powerful BL motors...hell! 117 MPH!
-andy
Old 08-10-2005, 10:26 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

My B4 can do 51mph+ with my brushed motors, show me a comparable nitro car (IE a 1/10 buggy or ST) that can pull that with a single speed tranny and normal setup.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:33 PM
rcjunky22

I dont know how to say this without being an arse . Jak- your the kid that customizes your RC's right? I respect your work....and I loooove your cars. But a heavily lightened, RC10GT with new engine and pipe and other small accessories would keep up fairly well IMO. Im the stupid one in the batch though, so what the hell do i know right?
-andy
Old 08-10-2005, 10:45 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

ok i drove rc10gt with a .21 novarossi, we didnt have a radar gun out but ill tell you it was faster than any electric i have ever seen, it was atleast pushin 60, now if you would have put that engine in a on road car, holy crap, and dude schumacher has a truck that tops 72 out of the box, thats just out of the box, show me an electric that could even keep up
Old 08-10-2005, 10:48 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

u can get a tc3 or any tc4 or pan car much faster then that... with about 100 bux wortha uprades... and it would BLOW! past that .21 nova ina on road!

what u do is buy an electric tc then buy a nitro fusion witha .21

and u equal the price diffrence, so if a tc3 is 300, and a nitro fusion is 600 ur alowed 2 add 300 bux into the tc3, 2 make it equal in price... and if u did that the tc3 WOULD! smoke it!
Old 08-10-2005, 11:14 PM
jakjr

ORIGINAL: rcjunky22
But a heavily lightened, RC10GT with new engine and pipe and other small accessories would keep up fairly well IMO.
Top speed wise, yes it would keep up, possibly even beat my B4 depending on the mods. But accl. wise it would get blown away.

ok i drove rc10gt with a .21 novarossi
First of all, since when can you race under roar rules with a .21 in an ST? To the best of my knowledge its .12 and .15 only. I can get my B4 up to at least 45mph and keep it completely race legal. Second of all, a .21 is WAY too big for a 1/10 ST, so big in fact that you kill the handling by adding that much offset weight.

schumacher has a truck that tops 72 out of the box, thats just out of the box, show me an electric that could even keep up
Yeah, with a 3 speed tranny and oversized engine. Like I said, show me a nitro truck with a normal setup (IE not majorly overgeared or running a stupidly large engine) and single speed tranny that has that speed and accl. of my B4, or any good electric car.

Old 08-10-2005, 11:19 PM
rcjunky22

Hey Jak...You def. got me there Everyone knows nitro gets there behinds whooped by electrics in acceleration. Everyone I say But hey, I get the point. Both have their ups/downs. I dont really thing there is a "better" kind. Its all about preferance and opinion, its as simple as that. Well, IMO
-andy
Old 08-10-2005, 11:34 PM
jakjr

I dont really thing there is a "better" kind. Its all about preferance and opinion, its as simple as that.
My thoughts exactly. Personally I own some of both and will probobly always own at least one nitro car, but my preferance is electric. Clean, quiet, and efficient
Old 08-11-2005, 02:44 PM
rcjunky22

Sorry to bring this back up, but I was just reading another thread and I couldnt help posting something I realized. Most nitros hit around 40mph out of the box. Now electrics hit around....17-26mph depending on the type. Electrics can be made for higher speeds then nitros, but most nitro guys/girls are more interested in either a constant, 50mph racing speed, or a 40mph bashing speed. Most of the reason nitro is so popular, is because of the gas n go, because of the quicker speeds out of the box, and *dont flame* they are generally more durable out of the box. Electrics, need a decent charger, some gp3300's, nice esc, and nice radio to race. Not to mention internal drivetrain parts/exterior steering components. Nitros needs a race legal engine, nice 5 cell hump pack, tuned pipe, decent fuel, and all the correct tuning options that correspond with the track (same for electric). I know I'm missing things as I am NOT a racer myself, I'm just giving a generalization. This hobby is ALL about opinion and preferance. I do not think that there is a "better" class (electric or nitro) because each are good for certain applications. Sorry to revive a dying thread. Just my thoughts and pointless rants
-andy
Old 08-11-2005, 02:51 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

this guys truck was not a racer, it was modded for hardcore bashing, he had aluminum shocktowers and rpm a arms, sure scrap maybe its pssible to make a electric do 40 with only 100 bucks but thats excluding a battery that would even hold a charge for 4 minutes with an electric motor that strong, you could easily mount a 140cc tank on a nitro car and get close to 45 minute run times at full throttle all the time, and guess what when it does run out of gas just flip the top and pur some back in and off you go
Old 08-11-2005, 02:51 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: SkrapIron

Besides, I have yet to see a single Jato ( yes, the new Idol of Nitro guys ) go faster than 48mph. ( yes, that's a .15 engine producing 2.5 peak horsepower @ 32,000 rpm )
no, it's not a .15 engine producing 2.5 peak horsepower anywhere. it was rated at 1.33 by RCCA, the 2.5 is for its displacement in CC's.

and no, the Jato isn't the new idol of nitro guys, it's the wet dream of every nitro n00b.

these electric vs nitro threads are so incredibly stupid...nitro is funner, electric is faster.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:56 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

My RC10GT had a .12CVR and was built for hardcore bashing, and it waxed all three big block RC10GT's it'd encountered in a drag race and top end.

And my RC10B2 is as follows:

6 cell pack, $50, car itself (like 4 years ago), $40+diff rebuild, $25 for the old Tekin G12 ESC, and $30 for the Trinity 14x1. it'd waste my GT in a drag race, and wasnt far off on the top end, where my GT hit 40.

oh yeah, and $50 for my novak XXL receiver so I can use my 3PM so let's see...$50+40+10+30+50...$230. not too shabby i must say.
so yeah, for $100 you could easily make an electric car that you already own do 40-50.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:22 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

what ive been waiting to see is someone put dual carbs on their nitro engine, now that would be sweet, and im still waiting for an electronic egnition system that you can control from your radio for a nitro engine
Old 08-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Blue04GT

Electric is better...just keep around one Nitro to [sm=punching.gif] the carp out of while your cells are charging
Old 08-11-2005, 04:19 PM
rc car CRAZY

I have a kyosho kanai 2 and a rc10b3, The kanai tops about 54mph and even faster when i get my sh.28 engine. It is much more fun than my electric as it is louder, messier and just cool.

Ben
Old 08-11-2005, 05:09 PM
C3Racing
My Feedback: (1)

Thread is getting long!! Didnt we all go through this on another thread 3 or so weeks ago?

BOTH ARE FUN!!
Old 08-11-2005, 05:14 PM
45mph pede
Banned

I dont know if this is a surprize to anyone, but my pede goes 45mph... It smokes nitro's
My pro4 has gone 69mph so far... pretty darn fast eh?
Old 08-11-2005, 05:23 PM
mouser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another con for electric(sadly[]) is you can't run it in every weather condition. Otherwise, electric kicks butt.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:30 PM
rc car CRAZY

I think that in the end you are going to get a draw as there both really good.

Ben
Old 08-11-2005, 05:37 PM
C3Racing
My Feedback: (1)

^^^^^^^^^^^ Dito that^^^^^^^^
Old 08-11-2005, 06:29 PM
StOcKerRaCer

oh scrap, for the crowd factor I have a story gather around kiddies I was at my track bashing my evader and they had a crowd of about 5 and they had no other rc's there oh but wait somebody pulled up and they heard that wirr of a nitro's engine and they ALL got up and walked away from the track to see the nitro [&o] now I have a nitro YAY
Old 08-11-2005, 06:45 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jkrustchinsky
what ive been waiting to see is someone put dual carbs on their nitro engine, now that would be sweet, and im still waiting for an electronic egnition system that you can control from your radio for a nitro engine
What about twin .26's instead?
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products...usher_d-e.html

Regarding the electric start--hook up an electric start to one of the transmitter channels. I met a guy from Arizona who did it with an 1/8th scale outlaw off-road RC.

111 mph "electric" RC - The article also has a video link.
http://www.g4tv.com/screensavers/fea...st_RC_Car.html

Myself, I like the "gasoline" powered RCs as well as both nitro and electric since they all have pros and cons. Just visit "MyModels" to view most of my various RCs.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:52 PM
45mph pede
Banned

Well lets disprove that crowd factor...

I two had a crowed of lil dudes watching and drueling over my pede, the dork down the street comes out thinking he is all that and a bag of chips with his tmaxx... "im thinking to my self... oh no, im so scared" Well he sits there tuning the thing, what do I do? PINNION SWICH!

Im done in under 1min, it takes like 10 for him (im just guestamating) all the kids are getting antsy to see the race, well he finnaly gets it running good, and waves me over. *the race is on* not only do I beat him, I wheeeeeelie and smoke him by around 4 car lengths. Needless to say that guy looked stupid infront of a big crowed of lil dudes. As far as I see it, a nitro truck is nothing more than what we call in the real world a ricer. Its all show, and sound, but no go...

OUT,
-Wes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.