Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

tamiya TT-01 drift spec...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 09:18 PM
INTEGRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tamiya TT-01 drift spec...

ok so i got a tamiya drift spec brand new....and the speed controller beeps when the controller isnt on......sometimes the beeping stops and i have no throttle ...but i still got steering ... then sometimes i have to poke at the engin wires to get it to go again......it is all tamiya parts and i have no clue what is wrong....
InTeGrA
Old 09-26-2005, 07:54 AM
RaVen1357

Default RE: tamiya TT-01 drift spec...

Sounds like your ESC is bad.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:24 AM
INTEGRA

so can a ECS just screw up like that.... are they made that cheeep that they will just stop working........and also can it screw up my new engin in anywhich way form ?
InTeGrA
Old 09-28-2005, 09:30 AM
Karl the Mechan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"can it screw up my new engin "

...What "new engine" ?
Are you using another motor than the one included in the kit?
Old 09-28-2005, 12:20 PM
INTEGRA

ya man the engin that came with the kit seized like 3 minuts into the first battery we used....so we send it back to tamiya and we got anotther one........we put in a new 1 tho we used a GREEN MACHINe.......the factory tamiya engin that was replacec went into anothe tamiya that we got.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Blue04GT

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

ya man the engin that came with the kit seized like 3 minuts into the first battery we used....so we send it back to tamiya and we got anotther one........we put in a new 1 tho we used a GREEN MACHINe.......the factory tamiya engin that was replacec went into anothe tamiya that we got.
are you trying to type using a baseball bat or what? It is called a MOTOR....NOT an engine. It runs off electricity not fuel. yes that ESC is a giant POS and could very well be bad out of the box. They would have to pay me to use that ESC...Tamiya cars are good but the electronics are crap.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:11 AM
Karl the Mechan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lads, you've got it wrong...
There's nothing crappy about that Tamiya ESC. It works like a gem, it has "double-tap reverse", high frequency pwm (1 Khz), and even silicone wires. It is however specified for a standard "silvercan" motor or a "sport-tuned". Nothing more powerful than that.

I think you're confusing the terms "high current capacity" and "high quality".

The Tamiya is hi-quality but not hi-current. That's why it's cheap. Hey, it's even included in the kit!
If you want to run a more powerful motor, you'll have to buy another, more expensive ESC. The Tamiya ESC will fry.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:55 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: Blue04GT

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

are you trying to type using a baseball bat or what? It is called a MOTOR....NOT an engine. It runs off electricity not fuel. yes that ESC is a giant POS and could very well be bad out of the box. They would have to pay me to use that ESC...Tamiya cars are good but the electronics are crap.
P.S blue04GT whats the differrence what i call it a motor or engin its the same thing and everyone knew what i was talking about so stop trying to make me look stupid.

InTeGrA
baseball bat ......what are u talking about. ?
Old 09-30-2005, 06:40 AM
That0neGuy
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Everyone on this board are mean ****s man dont trip.leike if yuo typ lyk dis der gun gave you shat.