Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

TC4

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 08:26 PM
2fast2slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TC4

I was wonder if this is a good car, and what is the tranny ratio?
Old 10-02-2005, 08:58 PM
redheat8

Default RE: TC4

Good car , 2.5 , RED
Old 10-02-2005, 09:58 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a TC4 and I love it, but think twice before you buy the RTR version. The parts do not seem to be of high enough quality, as I have replaced/am replacing several with aluminum.

The motor ESC that come with the RTR do not provide very good speed, the radio does not have end point adjustments etc., and the steering linkage seems to be a common problem. Plus, the screws in the differential cases and hubs strip very easily.

Get the more expensive kit if you can...even though you will spend more money initially. The kit only includes the chassis parts, so you will have to buy the wheels/tires, motor, ESC, servos, and body separately, but you will avoid many headaches and have a much better, more reliable car in the end.

I have had mine for about a month, and I wish I had followed the advice I am giving you. [&o]

Old 10-03-2005, 07:26 AM
45mph pede
Banned

The parts do not seem to be of high enough quality, as I have replaced/am replacing several with aluminum.
What are you replacing with aluminum?

And yeah, this is a general rule of thumb for R/C and well everything. You dont want the bottom of the line of anything, but most of the time you dont want the top of the line eather. Keep towards the middle of everything and by the end you will have a solid set up.
-Wes
Old 10-03-2005, 08:39 AM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[/quote]What are you replacing with aluminum?[/quote]

The steering went to pot on my TC4, and during the course of trying to diagnose and fix the problem, I found several parts that needed to be replaced. So, I tried a new servo. When the new servo gave me the same results, I replaced all of the steering parts with aluminum. I also replaced the bushings with bearings. (Believe it or not, I still have a steering problem [:@]!!!)

I also noticed that the screws that go down through the shock tower into the front transmission case were loose and would not tighten (stripped holes). I ordered the aluminum cases for them, but I have not installed them, yet.

Another part I ordered was a full set of aluminum carriers/blocks. In the rear of the car, they are called hub carriers (I think) but in the front they are called steering blocks. Anyway, I replaced the screws that go into the steering blocks with stainless steel and the holes stripped out, just like the stock screws in the transmission case. I went ahead and ordered aluminum caster blocks also, but that was more impulse than need.

You may be thinking that I overtightened the screws (and that must be true), but I tried to be careful. I think that the material that the parts are made from strips too easily. [:'(]

It was not my intention to turn this car into a heavy, aluminum brick, but I want durability, so I will replace whatever I see as a weakness with aluminum. Since the aluminum parts are all blue and and scattered throughout the car, they do look rather dashing mixed with the black.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:16 PM
2fast2slow

I heard that you can make this car into a buggy, is this true, and where can I gett the parts?
Old 10-03-2005, 02:24 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

not at all worth the trouble. just buy a rising storm. much easier
Old 10-03-2005, 03:11 PM
2fast2slow

what trouble is it