Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

I can't take it anymore

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 10:05 PM
jigglebelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can't take it anymore

Rc is starting to get me mad. It costs too much. My parents think its a waste of money and im 14 with no job. I have no money ever. I'm trying to decide whether to save up for a tt-01 or an iwaver or whether I should just start building model cars.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:06 AM
r40

Default RE: I can't take it anymore

thats i decision your going to have to make. I felt the same way you did a few months ago, but i saved up and got a electric stampede, and i am very happy with it, have not broke a thing and its running great. In my opinion the rc hobby is amazing. yes it does get expensive but it defiantly makes up for it with the excitement you get out of it.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:33 PM
The wise guy

Like most hobbies, rc cars require a first investment that only pays itself if you really enjoy the hobby. Otherwise it'll be a waste of money like your parents said.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Evader 53

Hey man I know what your talking about. I am 14 and just a few months ago I was debating whether to sell my cars and get into another hobby. But I figured I'd stick with it... I went out and bought an electric stampede, sold all the things I didn't use anymore on ebay, and actually made a profit. I then invested into my bank account, and got a newspaper route to "help" pay for any item I want and savings for college. I also mow lawn and shovel snow... all it takes is a printer and a walk around the neighborhood to put the papers in and before you know it you'll be raking in the money. It was a hard choice, but the choice I made to stick with the hobby was great. I still ended up selling my older cars to try and make money. But let me tell ya, the cost of the hobby pays off. I love racing, bashing, jumping, or just driving around the house... so that makes the hobby worthwhile.

You have to be devoted to the hobby, find yourself a job like I did. I am now sitting here happy as can be. Just keep one car you love, and try to manage your money. It's well worth it.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:35 PM
jigglebelly

My parents won't let me get a job. All the money i get is allowance. I'm not going to stop the hobby, I might just stop buying more cars and stick with my rustler.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:24 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

thats the story of my life except 50 times worst
Old 10-27-2005, 04:32 PM
wetzelpretzel425

duse stick in there i am 14 and i only get 20 bux a month i have no job and where i live there is woods all over so if i got a paper route i would have to walk like a mile between mailboxes just run what u got till like christmas or your b day it doesent really help that your parents arnt on your side but u can still make your way in this hobby and once u get setup in the hobby with a great car/truck u will look back and sau wow i am glad that i dint quit outta that

-wetzelpretzel
Old 10-27-2005, 05:17 PM
jigglebelly

I just checked out the pricing on some model car kits. Some of them go up to like 50 bucks. I think I'll just stick with rc and see about getting a tt-01 kit for christmas.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:25 PM
mouser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're considering getting an iWaver, then get an Xmod EVO instead. They are faster, more reliable, and cost less.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:11 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

uhh, an Iwaver is better, because it has better steering, and is based off of the superior kyosho mini-z. it also costs more because the transmitter of the Iwaver is a computer radio
Old 10-27-2005, 07:28 PM
houseplant

I'm no moderator, but dont let this become an argurment on Xmods against Iwaver.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:33 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

I'm not trying to start a war, just point out that the Iwaver is more expensive for a reason, and that it is overall better.

please continue
Old 10-27-2005, 07:56 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

Do you own a iWaver or Xmod EVO mayhem?
Old 10-27-2005, 08:55 PM
houseplant

Dont worry if you feel like you have no money and can not buy anything new for your car spend time on this site untill a holiday comes or your birthday.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:39 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Life can be hard, but also rewarding. Im 46 years old, and it isn't easy all the time. When i was your age back in the 1970's i wanted to get a 10 speed bike, I had to get a job. My dad gave me a loan for 60.00 dollars. I was making .03 a news paper my route was 3 1/2 miles. Then I got into motorcycles, my paper route expanded to 7 miles, and 3 to 4 lawns, and shoveling snow. Ny dad would co-sign my loans. me and him did all the repairs, etc. I remember he had to split the cases to put a kickstart shaft into one of my bikes engines. All I needed was a kick starter. Man i was mowing lawns everything, he finally chipped in a few bucks to get it running. A job is worthwhile if you want something bad enough. Tell your parents how it will make you responsible. I guarantee if I was late with a newspaper I would hear about it.

Now Im fullfilling my childhood fantasy. I wanted to ride trailbikes but hurt my back so that was out. My next way to find speed and thrills was through rc cars.

I will say one thing though have fun while you grow up and your in school, but bust your butt in school, I promise you the little bit of misery you suffer from now studying hard will be worth it in the long haul. If I could do it again, Id go back to school and study all math and science courses. I've done okay, but you ned those courses to make big bucks in life, either that or a real desire to work hard to get ahead.

The sky is the limit don't be afraid to push hard to achieve your dreams
Old 10-29-2005, 04:59 PM
jigglebelly

WOW! Thanks for the advice silverman1 and everybody else. As for school I'm doing pretty good. I have a 4.8 gpa or someting like that. I'm thnking MIT and then engineer after I graduate.after i get rich, I'll buy all the rc cars a man could ever want.[sm=greedy.gif]
Old 10-29-2005, 05:39 PM
mouser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

uhh, an Iwaver is better, because it has better steering, and is based off of the superior kyosho mini-z. it also costs more because the transmitter of the Iwaver is a computer radio
I'm not trying to start a fight, but the iWaver was better than the Xmods Gen 1, but it is not better than the EVO.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:53 PM
jigglebelly

Original by mouser:

I'm not trying to start a fight, but the iWaver was better than the Xmods Gen 1, but it is not better than the EVO.

How about we carry this argument over to the mini section.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:29 PM
ToCkS

Wow there are plenty of fourteen year olds here. I'm one too. The hobby is definitely more enjoyable once you can start making your own money and buying things whenever you want, rather than just on christmas and on your birthday. I actually started tutoring and it satisfies my needs. Four hours a week for eighty bucks. Give it a try.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 10-29-2005, 08:00 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My brother started as mechanical engineer. His company paid for his masters degree in business administration, and he now manages and supervises 3 plants he makes in the 6 digit figures per year and we are not talking 90,000 lets say more would be my guess. My niece is finishing her doctorate in educational psychology and she started at 50,000, and around here 50,000 is like a 100,000K out in california.

Myself i was stupid, I graduated college with a bs in rehabiltation education, and graduated honors, but human service does not pay well, peanuts.

Stay away from psychology, rehabilitation, or social work its not worth the time or money, unless you get a masters or doctorate and it still only pays peanuts very low 5 figures.[>:]
Old 10-29-2005, 08:21 PM
jigglebelly

We all love the stupid people. They make us look smarter. Just kidding.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:50 PM
smitty4
My Feedback: (4)

I am just 15 about to be 16. I bought all of my stuff refereeing soccer games. I liked soccer and happened to think about refereeing little kids games on saturdays, and it happened to all work out. I make $40 a saturday, and work 9 til 1.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:09 AM
Notgwb
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: speed lives

Do you own a iWaver or Xmod EVO mayhem?

LMFAO

Why does it seem like all his posts degrade a car, but he has neither of the cars he's comparing?
Old 11-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Snaggles

Pick up a job then! I'm almost 14 myself and i live in a working family, so i get paid $5 an hour for most of the stuff that i do. Of course the money i spend is from a dirt bike i sold, but it looks like that money is gone for the most part... you could sell things..?
Old 11-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Doahh

Ok guys he's asking about two cars and not wether to get a job or not
and mayhem:
Don't say things about cars you know nothing about

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.