Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

which car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 06:51 PM
heavyarms642

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which car?

hello to all that read this, new member here.

ive been into rc cars and trucks for a long time now, but just recently built a car and truck from kit form. its like a new addiction to me! they are damn near as fun to build as they are to drive, and it gives you great experience for when something breaks. anyway...i would like to get into the electric car racing scene and am in the process of deciding which kit to get. i have been looking at the hpi pro 4, i have also looked a lot into the team associated tc4. both of these kits seem like they would be great. the only thing i am somewhat particular about is that i would like it to be a 4wd kit, as i think they are more fun to drive compared to 2wd cars.

thanks for any info or suggestions!
Old 10-28-2005, 07:48 PM
C3Racing
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: which car?

Both are great and 4wd. A 4wd will have much more control than a 2wd.. The pro-4 would be my personal favorite since i myself drive a RS4-3 with many goodies. But i hear nothing but great things about the tc4.

BTW: Welcome to RCU.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:52 PM
B4rcracer

yea go w/ the TC4
Old 10-28-2005, 10:04 PM
wookie_racer
My Feedback: (8)

i say go with the pro 4 unless it is the FT TC4 then go with that. but if you want 2WD get a pan car.. they are very fast, the 1/12 scale ones are very fast, id say my 12l3 was doing about 25mph, maybe 30(my be pushing it) but it was fast as crap.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Doahh

If it's the FT tc4 go with that but just the normal TC4... go with the Pro-4 it's just an overall better car than the normal TC4
Old 10-30-2005, 05:54 AM
Matthab

Pro 4 all the way!!!

Its extreamely light and is very fast i think some pro 4 racers in here will agree with me it would beat a TC4 hands down (that mine has done)

and anougher big plus is parts are extreamely easy to get hold of!

And anougher thing the factory team TC4 is practicly the same as the pro 4
Old 10-30-2005, 10:23 AM
mouser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pro 4 all the way. If you have the money, get the Pro 4 Hara Edition.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:19 PM
heavyarms642

if i were to go with the pro 4 it would be the hara edition. i havnt heart about the ft tc4, let me visit google for a minute....oh haha, DUH! factory team. yeah, it would definitly be the factory team tc4. like i said in my first post, i love building the car from a bunch of parts in little plastic bags . i just finished building a factory team 18t, and really like the idea of all the nice hop-ups in the do it yourself kit.

so, what i seem to be hearing from everyone is that the ft tc4 would be the best choice. i think this is what i will go with as i have had nothing but good luck with associated cars. thanks for all of the input everyone!