Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

good 2wd buggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 09:40 PM
kirb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good 2wd buggy

hello,
I was just wondering what would be a good 2wd electric buggy for bashing. I already have some trucks and a 4wd buggy. I just want like to know a good cheap 2wd buggy.

thanks
Kirb
Old 10-31-2005, 10:12 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: good 2wd buggy

rc10B3 off of ebay
Old 10-31-2005, 10:16 PM
Gex_61

I have the team losi xxx-bk2 1/10th.
It's a great buggy and I can't say anything bad about it. very sturdy and easy to adjust but it might cost you a little more.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:44 PM
MBX5T Maniac

he asked for a Basher, not the xxx-bk2, which is a pure bred racer
Old 11-01-2005, 12:17 AM
C3Racing
My Feedback: (1)

Evader BX is a great basher And the price is great to.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:36 AM
cavfighter

I agree mayhem the B3 off of ebay for a basher.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:38 AM
kirb

Thanks for the replies,
So it seems that the b3 is the buggy to get. I was just wondering also if the Traxxas Bandit is any good because I've heard that there very durabile. Are the bandits any good.

thanks
kirb
Old 11-01-2005, 08:28 AM
B4rcracer

RC10B4
Old 11-01-2005, 09:05 AM
MBX5T Maniac

B4rcracer, a B4 is simply too weak compared to it's "Father", the b3. otherwise i would have suggested the B4 and the xxx-BK2 instead.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Doahh

Evader PRO BX
Old 11-01-2005, 10:47 AM
wookie_racer
My Feedback: (8)

the losi buggy and truck can take quite a beating, i bash my MF2 pretty hard without breaking anything.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Flatland2D

ORIGINAL: kirb

Thanks for the replies,
So it seems that the b3 is the buggy to get. I was just wondering also if the Traxxas Bandit is any good because I've heard that there very durabile. Are the bandits any good.

thanks
kirb
Yes the Bandit would make a wonderful 2wd buggy basher. Will defnitely need a stronger motor though if you really plan on pushing it. Cheap parts and almost every hobby shop stocks some Traxxas.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:11 PM
capone12

IMO, the bandit comes with the ugliest body and wing that I have ever seen. I mean ewww just look at it. First upgrade would most def be another body if I got one. I say go for a b4 or b3 or one of the losi ones. It doesnt matter which one you get they are both going to be good.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:33 PM
wookie_racer
My Feedback: (8)

basicly what he said^ what ever one you pic will be a good choice, i have a bandit and dont like it too much. i have never drivin a B4 so i dont know about that, but the B3, or one of the losi buggies would be good.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:15 PM
lacrosseman7

b4 is the most durable car i have ever had or raced. You cant go wrong with the rtr b4 for bashing. I race a ft b4 and you dont get better than that. Stay away from any traxxas or duratrax...they suck. Check out rc10b4.com for info on he b4
Old 11-01-2005, 06:04 PM
kirb

I was reading all your replies and it seems that no one likes the bandit, I'm just curious as to why it is so bad compared to AE and Losi, I've looked at it and it seems to have some good features for a good price and it looks pretty durable.

thanks
Kirb
Old 11-01-2005, 06:27 PM
shupid

toughest beginer buggy bar none , the bandit.

its not equipped with all the bells and whistles and not the lightest thing on 4 wheels but if you like to go rough the bandit is for you
now to the second year of bashing jumping onto cement curb hitting and well every thing i dish out, this is my "punching bag" and
guess how many parts i busted?! how about a big fat nothing!!
my opinion composite nylon is the best stuff for shock towers and arms

Old 11-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Gamble Rumble

I too would suggest the Traxxas Bandit. If you want to build the vehicle yourself and already have equipment, I can also suggest any vehicle from Tamiya. Tamiya vehicles make great bashing vehicles.

The RC10B4 and the BK2 are pretty durable from my experiences, but I believe that they're solely for the track.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:47 PM
MBX5T Maniac

i slap traxxas across the face for every bandit sold.

It's butt ugly body, and it's a stadium truck with a different body, and tires. plain stupid. does any other company do this? nope.

so get a B3
Old 11-02-2005, 07:25 PM
shupid

yes it is ugly but you are a nit picker i would expect you to say this, but if you know the true function of the car, you would agree with me. i can sell you a replica of a lamborgini on a geo frame or i can sell you a ugly car with the guts of a formula 1, its your choice. my choice is get a ugly car with a great setup as opposed to getting a nice looking, steaming pile of dog shoot

this shows me your true intelligance and personality you are all for looks and whats popular you dont care what it does as long as its nice looking, i love the bandit i dont care what eny one says.

any one else have a opinion? [>:]
Old 11-02-2005, 08:19 PM
MBX5T Maniac

i have the rusty, and i know that it doesn't have any F1 "guts" you shupid person.

you'd think they would at least design something good, instead of taking their old rusty design, and slapping on a buggy body, wing, and tires
Old 11-02-2005, 08:31 PM
capone12

If the bandit could use b4 or losi buggy bodies then I would most def convert my rusty from a truggy to a buggy. Im a sucker for buggy bodies and looks. The bandit just needs some things but I think that it got the lower end of the stick compared to the pede and rusty. And mayhem lol ever think about AE and their rc18t series? They slapped a buggy body wing and buggy tires on their rc18b and didnt hear much about that. The rc18t design is just a TAD newer than the bandit design though.

IMO

rusty>>>>all buggies>>>>bandit>>>>>rc18 series (very dissapointed with my 18mt).

Bottom Line, If you just plan on bashing and not worried about racing and weight and a god awful body then go ahead and get the bandit. Its still a decent buggy if its anything like the rusty (never seen one/driven one in real life). The worst thing about getting a traxxas vehicle is replacing stuff. I never break parts on my rusty and I finally bent a hinge pin after almost a year of me having the truck (slammed into light pole at full speed).

The b4 comes with some of the upgrades that you are going to have to buy seperated compared to the bandit.

Also, looks mean alot for me in rc. Im not out to just impress people with speed but with looks also. It looks alot better shooting by somebody with a nice dew painted shiny body than blasting by someone 5mph faster but with a terrible body.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Gex_61

well it looks like everyone has there own opinion.

the body is always something you could change to look nicer, and whatever's in your price range.

losi really is designed more towards the track, I don't see why it wouldn't work for bashing, It's very sturdy. They are also one of the easiest to adjust. Losi has never let me down in 6+ years, and I really like all there products.
I do have to agree with the above though, traxxas really is dog shoot, It breaks all the time, I think most of there products are plastic.

But once again this is just my opinion,
you're gonna have to pick one yourself. good luck!!! (cough, losi, cough)
Old 11-03-2005, 09:38 PM
shupid

uhh dude, i bash this bandit, what are you saying? "breaking all the time" the only thing i broke was a spur gear in two years! yes the losi is a good car but that doesent mean you should make up stuff about traxxas and the bandit, its a 130.00 car its damn nice for that price, while your car could be better than a bandit that dosent mean you can bad mouth a other car, sometimes common sence is lost in today's society.

i say you like what you like but dont critisize what you dont.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:57 AM
Gex_61

i'm just saying that I had a traxxas rustler. With my experience it broke all the time. If you have had better luck with traxxas then more power to you.
I on the other hand like losi better
just my opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.