Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Evader Motor Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 01:51 PM
fugaziiv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evader Motor Question

Okay, I see lots of support for the Reedy Quad Mag here in the forums for a 19t motor. I'm currently using a chameleon pro 2, that wasn't broken in correctly at all (we all learn somewhere), and a duratrax 16t ESC. My question is this: Is there anything better (read: faster) than the Reedy down to 16t, for use with an Evader Pro ST?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:21 PM
fugaziiv

Default RE: Evader Motor Question

Or should I just shoot it all and go brushless, and if so, what should I look for there?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:40 PM
happywing

If you don't plan on racing, end the madness and go brushless. The prices are coming down. I bought a used Novak 5800SS this past spring and used it (a lot) all summer. No maintenance whatsoever...and fast!
Old 11-17-2005, 02:59 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

I would agree
Old 11-17-2005, 08:02 PM
RaVen1357

Okay, I see lots of support for the Reedy Quad Mag here in the forums for a 19t motor. I'm currently using a chameleon pro 2, that wasn't broken in correctly at all (we all learn somewhere), and a duratrax 16t ESC. My question is this: Is there anything better (read: faster) than the Reedy down to 16t, for use with an Evader Pro ST?
Basically, nearly all motors in the 15-19 turn range have very similar performance. 14 turns and below is when you get into pro motors. So in the mild mod range (15-19 turns) all the motors are basically equal in performance. 19 turn motors generally have more power output (watts, not RPM or torque) than other mild mods because the Spec 19 class has spurred development of high quality 19 turn motors.

So, to answer your question: No.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:24 PM
SkrapIron

The Spec Modified 19t motors like the Chameleon or the Quad Mag are actually FASTER than most 15t motors. ( it has alot to do with construction, components, and brushes ).

I run nothing but brushless in all of my trucks, except for my Tamyia Hornet. Entry level brushless systems ( with similar performance to the 19t spec modified motors ) start at $165.00. Faster Brushless systems can get as high as $1000!

The Novak SS4300 will give you similar performance to what you have now, but longer run times.
The Novak SS5800 will give you faster performance, with similar runtime to what you have now.
Novak GTB/Velociti 6.5 will give you much faster performance, but with reduced runtime.