Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

oval, pan cars tough to find

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 12:03 AM
nitroguy123
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oval, pan cars tough to find

Ive been looking to find some direct drive oval or pan car and its been tough to find one at a reasonable price. I wanted something cheap and fast. Didnt really care about its racing potential because i never race. I ended up buying one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1 For 120 shipped im not expecting too much but that was def the best deal i could find on one of these buggers. I was just wondering if anybodys heard of these before? thanks
Old 11-19-2005, 12:06 AM
Doahh

Default RE: oval, pan cars tough to find

willing to go up to 150?
go to www.teamcrc.com and look at their electric carpet knife series
3.1 is 150
Old 11-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Speedmunkey
Banned

You never race, but you want an oval pan car? That makes no sense. You got hosed on that pan car. For that money, you could have gotten an RC10L or a Bolink of some sort. Both of which would own that thing. If you've not paid for the auction yet, take the negative feedback and save your money.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:43 AM
nitroguy123

its more of a speed thing. Ive been into these types of cars before so i have pretty good idea of what to expect. And im just getting back into the hobby and im not looking to get serious about 12th scale(gonna go buy a 1/8th buggyat the lhs next weekend). This is just gonna be banger, nothing more.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:03 AM
David236

Well I wish I knew you wanted one about 6 months ago I just sold 5 pan car rollers pretty cheap to help finance my off-road racing plans....I would not reccomend a pan car for bashing in fact they run terrible on road surfaces they are best on carpet or smooth very smooth asphalt. For bashing I would go with a touring car chassis they have more suspension and work much better on asphalt.......I do have one left but it has a carbon fiber left turn only chassis and quite frankly I did not sell it because I can't sell it for nowhere near what its really worth and decided to keep it for old times sake.....I do believe AE still makes pan cars they are not just carried in stock at most hobby shops you'll have to order one. Go to AE's website and look under carpet oval 1/10th kits and I think they have them....
Old 11-19-2005, 01:40 AM
David236

Here is what I would get it is a pan car even though it 's being called a touring car it is what the 10L has evolved into and it is a nice car much better then paying 150 for a relic..........

http://www.teamassociated.com/shusti...L3T/kitl3t.htm
Old 11-19-2005, 08:11 AM
rtn9105
My Feedback: (35)

nitroguy123, I've never heard of that brand before but from looking at the pictures of the chassis, it looks to have many of the suspenion parts from the older corally pan cars.
If your just looking for something to play around with in the parking lot, I'd say this should be just fine, especially since it comes ready to run with a body, radio, ESC, motor, servo, battery, and a charger. I can't speak for the quality of this particular car but for $120 RTR and shipped, you can't expect a top of the line setup.
With a little work on the suspension and tire componds, a pan car can be ran on most surfaces as long as they're mostly smooth. There are even some guys running them on hard packed dirt oval tracks.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:38 AM
LaxerMan21
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I race nitro but the snow is comming and i would like to try indoor carpet. I like the looks of the CRC carpet knife but I am wondering Where could i get a 4 cell battery pack. can I order them from someplace? And what turn motor should I get? Im guessing I could go pretty low because these things weigh next to nothing. And about a charger, I have a MRC superbrain 819 charger, can this handle 4 cells? thanks for your time I really appreciate it.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:02 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

The car is an imitation corally!!!!!! The front bumper, front suspension, rear damper pod, battery tie down bars, upper chassis stiffeners...............
Old 11-19-2005, 10:11 AM
i8tweety

http://www.corallyusa.com/2005/C10X.htm

Corally C10X

There's is a decent looking clone (quality of cloning, not necessarily quality of car).
Old 11-20-2005, 07:31 AM
LaxerMan21

We need to keep this thread alive..............I need to know where i can find info about 1/12 carpet cars since I cant find any here.........Please help me and thank you for anyone who will
Old 11-20-2005, 07:48 AM
capone12

Pan cars. Extremely fast, super light, SUPER FRAGILE. Really pan cars are for racing or for a shelf car. I would love to get one but I think its just too much speed for me. It would be best to check the area that you plan on running it, and get rid of EVERY rock or pebble or anything. Hitting a rock at speeds that this things are going to reach is not going to get you pretty results. I dont exactly agree with your decision to bash with these things because of how fragile they are and how they need a smooth surface to run on, but anything can be done. I guess you already ahve the area you plan on running checked out so it should work. If you do get that car off ebay dont expect too much off of it. I guess its a decent way to get (I'm assuming that you are new to pan cars) started into these cars without investing too much in them so then you can decide if you want to continue. If you do like it, then check out one of the corallyUSA cars.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:45 PM
LaxerMan21

Please someone who knows about these 1/12 carpet cars tell me where I can get no info on these. THis forum is not very helpful in this subject.....I kno this form of rc is not very popular but i at least expected to get somekind of info. Please help me in my questions......Anything would be appreciated, thank you
Old 11-20-2005, 05:07 PM
i8tweety

There are quite a few good 1/12 carpet cars out there.
Team Associated RC12L4
Yokomo YRX-12WE
Corally SP12M
Trinity Switchblade
CRC Carpet Knife
Old 11-21-2005, 04:19 PM
shupid

i got a corally imatation! not a bad car expecially for $120 RTR! all the parts are adaptible from the corally c10, the car rips at 30+ mph stock, the motor it comes with is a stock fan cooled. did i tell you it also comes with the batt and charger! its called a luxurious racer by beast speedy racing gay name ehh? you can find one on ebay the guy also has a 1/12 scale too. BUT ONE WORD OF ADVICE GET NEW TIRES PRONTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! USLESS JUNK!

it is under exactly RC, RADIO CONTROL ELECTRIC RACE CAR, RC CAR on ebay
and the sellers name is technicala
he also is flexible on the price.
good luck
Old 11-21-2005, 05:15 PM
LaxerMan21

wow 99$ buy it now for the 1/12 version? I have to say that is very tempting.... I could just stick my brushless in there and I'd be set do you think it is worth 100 dollars just to play around with? I think it sure is.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:28 PM
heavyarms642

my advice would be to decide exactly what it is that you want and either find it on ebay or order it from your lhs. ive seen great RC10L's and RC10L2's on ebay from $50-$100. i just recently started building an RC10L, its way old but it isnt much different than any of the newer pan cars you will find today (unless you are looking a CRC, crazy pan cars there but expensive!). once you get the chassis you are pretty much set. im not sure about any other brand than team associated, but i can order any 10L parts from my lhs. im actually getting a body, foam bumper, and body mounts tomorrow . on a down note, dont expect any hobby shop to have parts for your pan car on hand. i would suggest the associated 10L series to anyone looking for a good little pan car, simple to tune and way fun to drive. oh, dont get the oval track version of the 10L series cars unless you plan to only use it for an oval track racer. you can tell the difference between the oval version and non-oval version by if the battery slots are only on one side (oval) or if they are on both sides (non-oval) of the car. hope you find one .
Old 11-21-2005, 06:00 PM
shupid

whats the difference? seems to me that having a big batt on the side would be bad.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:54 PM
2fast2slow

well, why are these car bad for on-road compared to the 1/10 cars
Old 11-22-2005, 01:42 AM
heavyarms642

the batteries on the left side of the car is for oval racing, and in an oval race you go in a counter-clockwise circle. it is at the advantage of an oval racer to have the bulk of the weight in the car (the batteries) on the inside of the car, especially on a banked oval track racing a high speeds. this is why you will always see the battery slots on the left hand side only in a car that is set up specifically for oval racing. with the batteries on either side of the car (saddle packs) you can even the weight out on either side, giving you a much more even distribution of weight and better stability than if all of your battery weight was on the left side.

for on street use, i think pan cars are awesome. the only thing you have to worry about are rocks/pebbles (but, you can also easily adjust your ride height with the RC10L). this goes for all rc cars but pan cars especially because they literally have no suspension, unlike their independent suspension touring car counter-parts. the "touring version" of the RC10L is basically an oval racer with the battery slots altered to make it capable of running around on flat ground.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13049.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	358462   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn39978.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	358463  
Old 11-22-2005, 11:48 AM
shupid

ah i see off sets the cars geometry, ive got a old car, direct drive plastic out drives all barring and adjustible out the ying yang, its 100% fiber glass or carbon? some weird matirial nearly indestructible, multible batt angles, idependent? its called a eclipse by mane which is canadian, ive never tried it... brought it to a hobby shop and they said that thats one advanced model. got it off ebay

heres the picture no this is not my home its the sellers home page for the auction

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99660.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	358618  
Old 11-22-2005, 01:32 PM
studysession

I have looked at this one a couple of times myself.

ORIGINAL: David236

Here is what I would get it is a pan car even though it 's being called a touring car it is what the 10L has evolved into and it is a nice car much better then paying 150 for a relic..........

http://www.teamassociated.com/shusti...L3T/kitl3t.htm
Old 11-22-2005, 07:54 PM
shupid

looks nice, long wheel base looks real stable.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:13 PM
LaxerMan21

Could I stick a brushless in one of these CRC carpet knifes? or what would be a good fast motor?
Old 11-23-2005, 10:34 PM
nitroguy123

well i just got the car today and got in a test run before it got dark out and i can say im pretty impressed with the performance and qualilty. its qualilty might be lacking when you compare it to ae and other namebrand cars but its def. good enough for me. The esc is pretty much a 3 step forward and 1 step backwards which can make controlling tire spin a little difficult. That would def. be the first upgrade i would make on of these kits. The motor seems to be just a typical 540 stocker with a internal fan. The battery and charger with the kit are pretty cheap but get the job done with the stock motor. Overall for $120 shipped i think i got a pretty good deal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.