Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Common Misperception On The Super Stock Brushless!

Old 11-20-2005, 05:56 PM
smitty4
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Common Misperception On The Super Stock Brushless!

I was looking at buying the novak super sport but then I just happened to look on novaks website to check it out to make sure I was making the right choice. Well it turns out the s sport is rated at 8.5 everyone already knows that, well the s stock is rater at 10.5 according to novak! Everyone says it is a lot slower well I am just looking for longer runtimes and no matenience. I am running the stampede stock stinger. So this system should be plenty.... here is the proof!

[link=http://www.shopatron.com/product/product_id=NOV3006/135.0.151.0.0.0.0]SUPER STOCK RATED AT 10.5!!![/link]
Old 11-20-2005, 06:23 PM
capone12
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Common Misperception On The Super Stock Brushless!

I have that thing and its the best upgrade for a traxxas vehicle besides bearings and new tires! The difference in the ss4300 and the stinger is going to be winter in the north pole and summer in africa difference. Now if you really wanna go fast, get a 7-cell hump pack and run that with the ss4300. Thats what Im doing right now. I dont see how you can control much more speed. Its perfect. I think its the best bashing motor. It isnt too fast and it can still hold its own on the top end. Lets not forge the torque too. Gobs and gobs of the stuff. I have had no bad things with this system at all except for heat from running the 7-cell battery (yes I am geared correctly!). I have to say with the ss4300 and the 7-cell I HAVE to be hitting over 30mph easily. Great fun, only bad thing is that I need a wheelie bar because the back of my truck is getting torn up from hitting hte pavement and cement from the wheelies! Get this system its been perfect for me aside from the overheating issues with the extra cell.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:36 PM
smitty4

Did you ever run just 6 cells? Thats what I will be running. How long have you had the system? Have you wore a lot of drivetrain parts out? Thanks in advance
Old 11-21-2005, 04:23 PM
capone12
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: smitty4

Did you ever run just 6 cells? Thats what I will be running. How long have you had the system? Have you wore a lot of drivetrain parts out? Thanks in advance
Yep ran it with 6 cells for a decent amount of time. Ive had it since about May of this year. Murdered the stock idler gear because I had to use another plastic one instead of an aluminum one because tower went thru a long period of time where they didnt have any in stock so I just got another plastic one and waited for it to strip. That was expected though because my stock idler gear stripped with a venom fireball 17t motor.

The motor is still very impressive with only 6-cells. I remember when I first pulled the trigger after waiting sooooooooo long for that stupid idler gear to get here. I remember it so perfectly. It was like stepping into the the world of rc again. Reminds me of when I was first running nikko's and stuff for my rcs, and then I got the rusty and the first day on chrismas morning I went outside and gunned the throttle and I was like man this thing is super fast! The ss4300 put that huge smile back on my face when I first gave it throttle. This guy with 7-cells is too much fun. I still use the 6 cell battery when I dont feel like trying to monitor heat like crazy so its still moderate. Its not as amazing anymore because now Im used to the 7-cells of fun but its still respectable. Just make sure you get the aluminum idler gear and check out misbehavin-rc for the how to on installing the aluminum idler because if you still have the stock one then you might want to take it out asap so you dont ahve ot worry about cleaning out all the busted teeth from your tyranny.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:27 PM
smitty4

Yeah I am going to get the aluminum idler for christmas and hopefully the ss4300. I am not sure though... there is like 6 kids so I doubt I will get it. I don't really want anything else though, cause I already got my stampede. I am just using the stock stuff right now. It seems to do fine. It is a little slow for my liking but I still have fun driving....