Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Alternative to classic Tamiya Porsche 959 rally car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 08:59 PM
robster94gt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternative to classic Tamiya Porsche 959 rally car?

Hey all,

I've been wanting to get a Tamiya Porsche 959 Rally Car from the the eighties, but the prices an ebay are high because of the car's vintage status. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a more current and readily available Tamiya car/chasis that would be the modern day equivalent of the classic 959. Something that would have at least the same versatility for 0n/off road, be as fast or faster stock (the 959 seems pretty darn fast), and similar handling (i really like the way the car leans in the old video. I guess what I want is something that the old car would be replaced with from the current/recent lineup at tamiya.

Thanks for your help,
Rob
Old 12-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Karl the Mechan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Alternative to classic Tamiya Porsche 959 rally car?

Simple. Buy a Tamiya TB01 Rally car. It's a good performer with upgrades & spares readily available.
58259: Subaru Impreza
58257: Mitsubishi Lancer.
58270: Subaru Impreza
58271: Subaru Impreza
58281: Ford Focus RS WRC.
58286: Mitsubishi Lancer.

Just to mention a few...
Old 12-13-2005, 07:31 PM
wetzelpretzel425

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alternative to classic Tamiya Porsche 959 rally car?

i have a tt-01 thats pretty good substitute for itt ill sell it to u for cheap pm me if your interested