Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Favorite Brushless

Old 12-20-2005, 10:50 PM
WrathSkeller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Favorite Brushless

I just want to see some opinions but what are your guys favorite brushless system and why?
Old 12-21-2005, 12:48 AM
happywing

Default RE: Favorite Brushless

So far, I like my Sphere/Neo the best. I like the profiles, particularly the automatic brake. This gives the feel of a brushed, with a little bit of drag when you let off the throttle. Great for tight tracks. I also like the ease of switching between brushed and brushless. The motor choices are good too. They have 13t, 11t, and 9t available now, with a 7t coming out soon.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:07 AM
SkrapIron

My favourite brushless motor? That depends on what I am going to do with it. For a do everything motor, I love my Novak 4300. It has fantastic runtime ( nearly 20 minutes with a 3300mah cell ), good top speed ( 30+ mph ), and LOTS of power!

For going fast, I love my Feigao 6s motor. With a Promatch Racing 1.185 matched pack, I get 46mph. The drawback is runtime. It lasts about 7 minutes.

The Novak GTB 6.5 and 5.5 each will perform over 40mph, but have a total runtime of about 10 minutes.

The gotcha is speed costs. Both with the cost of the motor, and total runtime. The faster your motor goes, the less runtime you are going to have.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:09 AM
jaejw1

mamba compx... yeah yeah yeah i know it is for 18th scale but i still love it..
Old 12-21-2005, 02:31 PM
michelob78

I wish I could link my Neo/Sphere to my lap top like my mamba. I like seeing exactly how the throttle brake curves look. Even still it is my favorite can't wait untill opening day in spring for racing.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:10 AM
happywing

Scrappy brings up a good point. I do use my Sphere/Neo the most, and therefor it's my "favorite." When I play, I like my Novak 5800ss for runtime (and OK speed). If I want all-out crazy speed, I definitly prefer my BK/Feigao 6s set-up. I guess it depends on what you do most. For me, the Sphere/Neo is best for all-around (good runtime, good speed, drivability).
Old 12-22-2005, 03:23 AM
wetzelpretzel425

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJZD1&P=ML

when were on the subjest are those batteries ok with the sphere im a litlle low on cash after buying it and also how fast will the neo 3 star 9t brushless motor go in a evader pro kit all stock
Old 12-22-2005, 07:08 AM
happywing

The batteries are the subject of another thread, but yes, they are fine. The Sphere/Neo 9t in a Pro, could put you over 40mph if geared correctly.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:07 AM
capone12
My Feedback: (1)

I cant really see how people can control a car going as fast as my ss4300 does on 7-cells without crashing or having a huge place to run. I love running my ss4300 in my t-spec on 7-cells because the extra weight in the front (7-cell hump pack like the ones on bbb with the extra cell in the front) so the handling is perfect for me. Right now though, Im using my brushless in my t-spec which is a drifter and man, its crazy. Funnest thing is that with it in my t-spec all I do is just give it full throttle and this thing does the most insanse doughnuts ever. I seriously need to get a video of it but Id be embarassed because my drifting skills arent so great but they are much much much much better than when I first started. Overall, the ss4300 has been perfect for me and Ive never had any problems with it aside from some heat when running in 100+ degree days during the summer. In the t-spec Im actually worried about it because when Im done running there is no heat at all. Its about room temperature in my house when the heat is on. Best non car purchase Ive made and then comes the 7-cell batteries from smc.

Oh yea, theres no cogging either and I absolutely LOVE how much it coasts. Going back to a brushed motor after running the brushless so long really takes some getting used to. (brushed motor is now back in the rusty). Anybody wanting a good brushless system should check out this motor. Unless you are used to running like 12t motors, this thing will impress you. Only bad thing about all brushless motors, you cant get them wet. If you could, this would be the best motor ever!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:12 PM
bemmermazda

http://cgi.ebay.com/Feigao-High-Powe...QQcmdZViewItem

is this the one you use skrapiron
Old 01-24-2006, 08:40 PM
sleepy23
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: bemmermazda

http://cgi.ebay.com/Feigao-High-Powe...QQcmdZViewItem

is this the one you use skrapiron
nope, thats not a 6s.
i have to agree, for the raw power and speed, the 6s kicks *****.
will have to get back to you on the sphere/neo (once it ever comes back)
its not too hard to control a car at 50mph, it can get a little tricky on high speed turns. i dont run in a wide open place, just down the street
Old 01-25-2006, 02:15 AM
-Inverted-

Anything that says HACKER on it