Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Unofficial Hot Bodies E-Zilla Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 01:47 AM
silverspoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Unofficial Hot Bodies E-Zilla Thread

thanks for all the advise guys!!!!!

do u no if a R152JE rx will work with the stock esc?

i like the sound of the jr xs3 the most but i cant find anyone in the uk who seams to have one!!!!!! can anyone help?
Old 09-11-2006, 01:28 AM
coolmx

Wow!! This is a fantastic thread for the E-zilla. Here is a link to the thread i have created for my own E-zilla as well, do check it out. http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...t=16609&page=1
Old 12-24-2006, 03:06 PM
silverspoon

well, theres not been much interest in thistopic recently... so i thought id start it up again with a question...

anyone know of a 2speed transmission that fits the ezilla? i dont mind a bit of custom fitting...
Old 12-27-2006, 02:29 AM
BitHed

...no word of a successful 2-speed fitting yet...Maybe a nice long winter project for you to play with? [8D]
Old 12-27-2006, 03:04 AM
silverspoon

well i emailed traxxas 2 see if they actualy sell the 2-speed from an e-maxx on its own... they dont... [][]

soooooo, i guess im back to looking on ebay...
Old 12-27-2006, 10:04 AM
Vega71

I was tightening the slipper clutch on my E-Savage and realized that 7 out of the 8 shocks had a little bit of oil on them.

Did I bust them allready? If so should I get new ones or should I rebuild? If rebuild where would I get the items.

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2006, 10:40 AM
silverspoon

where abouts was the oil?
Old 12-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Vega71

The bottom of the shock body. Thinking maybe its a seal that is slightly leaking.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:08 PM
silverspoon

if its just the shock shaft that has a a thin sort of coating, then its just normal. the seals wont stop every bit of oil from escaping.

ive had an obvious broken seal on my street weapon for months... cant replace them on an old car... i just clean it and refill the oil every couple of runs...

if i had 7 broken seals, id just buy a new set of shocks. probably aluminium threaded shock, as they allow you to hange your ride hight by just turning a few screws basicaly...

ps. if your jumping your truck a lot, i would also considder getting piggyback shock...
Old 12-27-2006, 12:14 PM
silverspoon

will the stock esc on the zilla run on lipos? if so whats the mazimum?
Old 12-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Vega71

It's barely leaking. I just noticed it because dirt got up there and it just clustered around the bottom of it.

I think I will hold off on shocks until more come out that are made for e-savage specific. Since I'm not sure what the differences are in the savages and the e-savage.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:10 PM
silverspoon

yeah... im sure theres nothing wrong with them, they do leak a little normally. if you havent already got them, you should DEFFINATELY get some shock covers. cos its the dirt gathering in the leaking oil that causes the seals to break. just get a set of savage shock covers off ebay for a couple of quid... and the best bit is... U CAN PICK THE COLOUR!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!! lol

there are already shocks available specificaly for the e-zilla/e-savage, there usualy on ebay aswell.

and the savage shocks are 2cm longer than e-savage shocks, so might not fit propperly.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:45 PM
silverspoon

hey hey guys... look what ive found...

[link=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130062918653&rd=1&rd=1]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130062918653&rd=1&rd=1[/link]

Old 12-28-2006, 11:06 AM
silverspoon

Old 12-28-2006, 02:15 PM
All-or-Nothing

ORIGINAL: AznBash3r

wait, i do not get it...how can you take the broken c-hub and switch it to a non broken c-hub? wouldnt the broken one still be non functional if its broken? its kinda confusing. anyways, the a-arms will not break, thts the least possible thiing to break, even from severe bashing.
My friend ran mine into a wall at full speed at an angle and snapped the front right C-Hub where the steering arm attatches. Since all four are the same, just switch the front right to the rear left or front left to the right rear. The broken arm part is not used in the rear so you will be back in business. This will also work going from rear to front. You just have to swap diagonally.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:51 PM
silverspoon

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9EPzQlxhxw]video[/link]

got a little vid for ya... it goes a bit dark at points cos my camera isnt great...

HOPE U ALL LIKE IT!!
Old 02-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Excalibug

hi guys... after looking around finally decided to buy a e-zilla RTR version as my first "real" rc. I'm a rookis in the rc world, so I would like to ask for some advice on what to do to maximize my experience and take the best i can out of this off-road that everyone praises about.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:15 AM
silverspoon

well firstly get new shocks for it... the stock ones are far too soft. get a set of 4 purple savage shocks and put one on each corner, so you have 1 red and 1 purple on each wheel.

if you want more speed/power, upgrade the batteries to 7 cell hump packs, make sure thay are at least 3000mah cells. if you do get bigger batteries id also get a savage wheely bar, just incase...

if i were you when you first get the truck, before your even run it, take it appart into little peices and then put it back together. it might save you somemoney. sometimes the diffs arent installed properly and they will destroy themselves.

put a fan on your esc to help cool it down and a bigger fan over your two motors (not a little one on each).

i also upgraded the servo to a high torque, something over about 5kg should do the trick. the standard servo wont turn the wheels when the truck isnt moving.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:33 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you wanting to buy an old e-zilla or the new E-Savage. Basically the same thing but the zilla is discontinued! I have broken a c hub already along with frying an esc (my bad ) PLUS i cracked the whole front ride side, but i super glued it and its all good right now. I'm EXTREMELY hard on everything i own though. the E-savage is the best stock electric monster truck on the market, it kicks the crap out of my E-Maxx!

Get 7 cell hump packs
no need to upgrade the servo in my opinion it work just fine.
if you want it even faster then buy 2 S-600 motors and a 21T pinion gear
Old 02-12-2007, 09:24 AM
hunter306

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

E-Savage Goodness:

Mine is completely stock, Got a great deal on it used so I had to pick it up. Couldn't resist the lure of an Out of the box, 4wd, MT that was electric powered.

So far it's been way to cold to run it, I don't want to snap shafts in the freezing temps.... But soon, hopefully.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:42 AM
silverspoon

just had mine out in the snow... got a [link=http://youtube.com/watch?v=05gRCXB-AN0]video on youtube[/link]

no need for a fan to cool the motors... just pack them with snow!!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Is there any way to get rid of that horrible stance up front? The E-Savage always looks like its front end is broken because it's pitching forward so.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:06 PM
silverspoon

i didnt like it either, but you kind of get used to it... you can raise the body at the front to make it look better at a glance... or you can put stiffer shocks on the front to raise it up a bit. oooooor you could remove the suspension clips off the rear or just put some more on the rears.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:07 PM
hunter306

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Yub, yub, cmdr!

Is there any way to get rid of that horrible stance up front? The E-Savage always looks like its front end is broken because it's pitching forward so.

The short answer is No, it's built with a forward leaning stance in the chassis. Yes, you can adjust pre-load or raise the body, but essentially that's the design of the chassis.

Kind of a take it or leave it thing.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:49 PM
silverspoon

yeah but u get used to it after a couple of runs. and unless your looking at it lying on the floor, you cant tell anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.