Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

GP's from Radio Shack??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Safety Hawk
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP's from Radio Shack??

Are these [link=http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2147160&cp=&kw=3300mah&parentPage=search]packs[/link] worth the 25 bucks?
Old 01-06-2006, 05:15 PM
zaphod42
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: GP's from Radio Shack??

Yes - they are. They are actually decent GP cells (not their best but worthwhile for the money).
Old 01-06-2006, 05:18 PM
StOcKerRaCer

yeaa there fine. i have a pack of them myself. There very nice [8D]
Old 01-06-2006, 06:25 PM
treflip98

They are very sexy!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Access

They work great on my E-maxx. Not as good as Venom 3600 though.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:55 AM
shakes00lude

I have one of the 3300 packs from RadioShack and it works great in my stock TC4. I get about 20 - 25 minutes of consistant run time with it.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:20 AM
Safety Hawk
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks, I think I might pick a few of these up.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:54 PM
EpoweredRC

ORIGINAL: shakes00lude

I have one of the 3300 packs from RadioShack and it works great in my stock TC4. I get about 20 - 25 minutes of consistant run time with it.
20-25 wow, what motor are you running? the factory or another one. we now own 8 of these Gp3300's right now and runing them in stock Traxxas Rustlers we get about 15 minutes full throttle, 13 of good speed no slowing down.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:02 AM
-Inverted-

The Radioshack batteries work pretty well, granted they aren't matched or zapped, but for the low price you really are getting a great bang for the buck value. if you can't afford the cost of a nice pack from a well known manufacturer, the packs from Radioshack are definately worth it.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:24 AM
RS4rallydriver

when I bough them, I peeled of the cheezy radioshack sticker to get a better look at the cells (and so it wouldn't look like a RS battery) and when comparing the pack itself to packs seen elswhere, they are identical... I think that they all are the same packs, everyone just puts their own stickers on them. I just HAD to remove that "radioshack" sticker. "improved MPV?!" that term sounds lame. but they have excellent run time, and are manufactured consistently. when I charge 2 of them, they both peak at the exact same voltage, and give me identical run time. which is about 15-20 minutes on my GTB 5.5.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Getrdone

I have 3 packs that I have converted into side by sides. They definately have more punch when assembled that way. I would give them a thumbs up for the low cost and reliable performance. They are about 3-4 mph slower than my more expensive pack, but I still think they are worth the money.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:28 PM
infecto

might have to pick up a pack today
Old 05-16-2006, 06:35 PM
fugaziiv

i've got a bunch for practice and bashing, they get a thumbs up here.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:08 PM
daveb46124

Ive got a 3000 RS pack and I have to say it does pretty well. I would think that for an average entry level racer, they would be a great pack to use if the nicer ones arent affordable. Definately a little better than the pirahna 1900's I ordered for light practice
Old 05-16-2006, 09:02 PM
infecto

ORIGINAL: daveb46124

Ive got a 3000 RS pack and I have to say it does pretty well. I would think that for an average entry level racer, they would be a great pack to use if the nicer ones arent affordable. Definately a little better than the pirahna 1900's I ordered for light practice
Thats the truth. I paid $25 for these 3300 from RS while the 1900 pirahnas were what at least $15.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:38 AM
crUshed420

they ARE a good deal, but you can find better deals on ebay if you look around... I just got a zapped SxS pack with battery bars for $12!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

I think the seller was mad that he didn't get more though, because he's selling more of the same, except now he's only selling them as "buy it now" for $35

http://cgi.ebay.com/GP-3300-ZAPPED-N...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 05-18-2006, 10:31 AM
metaldog

Yeah those are nice. I found these ..... http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...S&Category=157

I run these ... http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=413

They work great and hold the same charge each time with excellent run times. I use a digital peak controller with a LCD readout to monitor the packs each charge. As with all batteries be sure to let them cool down before charging.

These are also nice if you like NiCD and free shipping:
http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=484

I prefer NiMH myself. Easier to maintain.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:49 PM
LiL Richy

I just picked up a rs gp3300 battery, but im not gunna try it till my new peak charger comes in.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:36 AM
Mekong

I got 2 of them, they work great for me!

Brushless pede
Old 05-21-2006, 11:53 AM
johnwashere

The only problem about ordering online, is you have to remember the shipping price.[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 05-21-2006, 04:31 PM
metaldog

You can find places that have free shipping deals like all-battery.com
Old 05-21-2006, 07:40 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

I got a pack for my Pede, and kept in in the shotgun tube since it fits better in the Pede's battery tray that way. Peak up to 3500mAh, I get almost an hour of runtime! Yeah, most of you won't believe me but I am not full throttle all the time, and I'm running a Novak SS5800 brushless engine in the Pede, which is more effiecient than a brushed engine. If I do do a lot of full throttle passes, my runtime goes to about 25-30 minutes. And the best part was that my pack cost me $10 since it was a "scratch and dent" item because it was used once and the guy that had it bought a RadioShack Hummer H2. He came storming into RadioShack a day later because it was broken and there was smoke comming from the truck, then was yelling and screaming at the manager so he got a full refund. The manager at first was reluctant to sell it thinking it was damaged and would cause damage to my R/C but I said I wanted it anyway and he sold it for $10. And one of the salespersons said it would not work in any R/C but a RadioShack car.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:56 AM
metaldog

Butthead: Huh HUh ... He said Do Do .... huh huh
Beavis: I need TP for my bunghole

OH god !! Radioshack employees are a JOKE !!! I swear I want to punch them sometimes, I went to school at ITT for electronics .... and have 11 years experience in the field .. now I'm not saying I'm a freakin know it all, but I know my stuff pretty good. I go into "Rat shack" asking about the radio control antenna replacement I saw on the radioshack webpage. First off they walk me to the isle of TV antennas. I told them "No I said an antenna for a R/C car", after checking the all knowing radioshack computer, they take me to the right isle. I looked at the antenna and said it wouldn't work because it was way too fat to fit in the hole on my controller. Then the manager comes over and shows me the isle where the TV antennas were again LOL !!! I tell him no those won't work. He ask me what freq. the radio was. My first thought is " what difference does that make" but humor myself to see where he is going with this and tell him it is 27mhz AM .... then he says they don't make 27mhz AM radios for R/C cars. I just looked at him like, you idiot !!!! I told him have a great day and left LOL !! Man I hate going there. Next time I'll just tell them "Don't bother me". I've gone there countless times in the past for electronic components and been giving the stupidest information about the project I was working on. I've been tempted to walk back in there the next day and show them it worked, but hey I just let them feel like they know what they are talking about. As long as I get it to work I don't care what they think or know LOL. But I can't help dog on them and laugh at them whenever I walk in the door. Maybe it's just radioshacks near me but I've had it happen in Houston and Austin. LOL If anyone here works for radioshack .. no offense .. but some of the employees are IDIOTS !!!
Old 11-03-2006, 01:47 PM
jimi hendrix

That is so true i just phoned rat shack and i asked if they carry gp3300 cells and he said i'd have to bring the cell in, is it that hard type it in the computer or go look in the back, it makes me so mad[:@][:'(]
Old 11-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Transmission
My Feedback: (1)

great batt. i used it in my evader pro. and the diff shredded they give out a lot of power\