Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

does anyone have a tamiya mad bull

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 12:24 AM
cheeseclip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone have a tamiya mad bull

hi im getting a tamiya mad bull and want to know how good they are stock and how fast they go.
i also want to know what are the best mods. i will be getting it at the end of next week sometime.
are they better than a 1/10 grasshopper with a 540 motor.
also can they handle jumps 2-3 feet high without breaking.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:41 AM
SOUTHSHORETRASH

Default RE: does anyone have a tamiya mad bull

I have a mad fighter (which is identical to the mad bull except for the wheels). I can't say how fast your's will go because it has much larger tires. Also, the mad bull is no longer in production, although the chassis is still in production, I don't think the body is in production any longer.

As for modifications, all I have are bearings. I will put in an an esc, 19 turn Reedy Quad motor, a 19T pinion (part number 3515007), and oil filled shocks.

The car is better than my Frog (I had the original). The rear end design is a a little more advanced a Grasshopper because it is a full floater whereas the Grasshopper pivots on pins.

I jumped mine off a 4 1//2 foot steep dirt jump without any problems. As long as you are running on dirt, you should be ok.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:32 PM
cheeseclip

hi thanks the model shop that i go to still orders the mad bull and is on special for $185nz. do they actually go faster than a grasshopper with a stock 540? whats the handling like?
do the front shocks bottom out from jumping at all?
Old 10-17-2006, 08:21 PM
jimi hendrix

I wouldnt know how the mad bull compares to the grasshopper, but i do know that the front shock do bottom out on almost all jumps. The rear shocks almost dont work at all with the weird angle they are set at. The handling is okay but on like dirty or dusty pavement is mostly just pushes the front end, you just have to get off the gas and kinda just dont turn as sharp adn it turns. In dirt the mad bull handles very well, i put mine threw about 14ft long jumps and it still runs fine. The onyl thing i would worried about on the mad bull is the stopper at the end of the tray (i lost mine cause the body clip came out) hope that answers any questions.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:08 PM
rcxboy

Dude, you could get one shipped from asia for about $150 if you're on a budget.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:44 AM
C.A.R.

The Mad Bull is a very simple floppy-handling entry-level buggy. You can't really upgrade it for this reason.

Unfortunatley; the Mad Bull is very much a toy. However; For this reason it is the most fun demo car in the workshop; and always a good laugh to take it for a spin.

It is very different to the frog in every way and (unlike the frog) it is built like a tank.

You'll have fun but I wouldn't recommend going past a 23T sport tuned motor. (size of wheels=lots of pressure on motor)

C.A.R.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:08 PM
darthballs

they're all toys lol. whether they're expensive cheap, super high quality or really flimsy.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:23 PM
nitro182

Ido . Its worth more than it costs
Old 11-02-2006, 07:24 PM
nitro182

Ido . Its worth more than it costs. A stock mad bull goes precisely 19.6 mph
Old 11-02-2006, 07:29 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

ORIGINAL: C.A.R.

The Mad Bull is a very simple floppy-handling entry-level buggy. You can't really upgrade it for this reason.

Unfortunatley; the Mad Bull is very much a toy. However; For this reason it is the most fun demo car in the workshop; and always a good laugh to take it for a spin.

It is very different to the frog in every way and (unlike the frog) it is built like a tank.

You'll have fun but I wouldn't recommend going past a 23T sport tuned motor. (size of wheels=lots of pressure on motor)

C.A.R.
The frog is built quite like a tank as wellOld technology even though it was high tech in it's day.

Mad bull wheels aren't that big at all(smaller than 2.2's) and you change your gearing so you can run faster motors.

Also this thread is like 10 months old and this kid is into boating now.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:33 PM
jimi hendrix

Does anyone know were you can get bodies for the mad bull??? I would apprecaite it if you guys could maybe find some...
Old 01-25-2007, 09:35 AM
msdtyu

go to www.greathobbies.com and they have the madbull for $125 canadian
Old 01-26-2007, 12:42 PM
mark.b

the madbull is probably the bestbuggy you can buy if you want a buggy for everyday use (not good for race meets ) its stood up 2 so much abuse ,and its still runs , i have upgraded mine a little , wheels ,suspension etc and it makes a big differance , check out the pics there all my buggy just painted different , my profile page lists all my hop ups , my advice go buy one you wont be dissapointed , the pic with two bulls in was taken , the black an red one is my mates , he went out bought a bull after only using mine for a couple of minutes ... hope this helps , the wheels shown are from modelsport
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85728.jpg
Views:	1240
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	607004   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37458.jpg
Views:	829
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	607005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot46769.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	607006  
Attached Images  
Old 09-30-2008, 01:59 PM
ifan

Can it handle a brushless.????
Old 09-30-2008, 04:45 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

i had one of these, i just gave it away a few days ago, i never used, it it was given too me, i did take it out for a quick spin once, and i wasn't impressed but thats just me, i don't know much about tams so i'm not really a pro, with a 24t, it went about 17 mph give or take, but i can see it being a good truck, i just like my b4, evader, and savage better...

the lug
Old 10-06-2008, 09:50 PM
The Hybrid

and thanx to lug I was the lucky person that got it...lol

thanx again lug...Ill take good care of her...
Old 10-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Chris_RC

does anyone have a tamiya mad bull - 1/26/2006 5:24:39 AM

ifan, you know you revived a thread over a year and a half old?
Old 10-07-2008, 02:46 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Who cares if he revived a year old thread. As long as it's not a flame war thread I don't see why not to revive a thread when looking for info.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:31 PM
The Hybrid

yeah who cares its RC related....so back off....
Old 11-17-2008, 11:25 PM
RockShoxx

My Tamiya Mad Bull isnt working. The problem is that I put working batteries in both the car and contoller and turn them both on and try to
go foward for example but nothing happens. The light goes on in the controller and the thing that controls the acceleration works by hand
only. I have no idea what to do... so you do you guys have suggestions on how to fix it??
Old 05-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Mijy

Sorry to revive a long long long dead thread, but i found it and this site thru google.

A few weeks ago after my mate just got a rampage, i pulled out my Mad Bull XB. Which had been collecting dust for quite some time.

It wasnt very fast and the old batteries were quick to lose charge, so i went and got a upgraded new version of the battery (im pretty new to the rc wold so im quite unsure of the names). I also got a new accelerator kit including a brushless motor that can put out something like 3000 (or was it 30,000) rpm (so the guy in the shop says :P)?

However recently, i sort of managed to flip the car and smash the shell (does anyone know where i can get a new one?), so now im using my brother's mad fighter case. Anything i should change? The inside is a bit messy and could do with some straightening up.

Here are some pics:

(the mad fighter now has the broken case but is completely stock)

Old 05-13-2011, 06:32 PM
fastmaxxcooper
My Feedback: (5)

I would jump my fighter buggy and it never broke. always bottomed out though. it needed oil shocks bad.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Mijy

You never had the case break on you? That's pretty unlucky of me then i guess.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:36 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mijy

Sorry to revive a long long long dead thread, but i found it and this site thru google.

A few weeks ago after my mate just got a rampage, i pulled out my Mad Bull XB. Which had been collecting dust for quite some time.

It wasnt very fast and the old batteries were quick to lose charge, so i went and got a upgraded new version of the battery (im pretty new to the rc wold so im quite unsure of the names). I also got a new accelerator kit including a brushless motor that can put out something like 3000 (or was it 30,000) rpm (so the guy in the shop says :P)?

However recently, i sort of managed to flip the car and smash the shell (does anyone know where i can get a new one?), so now im using my brother's mad fighter case. Anything i should change? The inside is a bit messy and could do with some straightening up.
The Mad Bull Body will be available again. Tamiya just re-released the car in XB forum for 2011 so parts are going to be easy to get in just a month or so. The Tamiya Hornet body als will fit with minor mods.

I recently did a build up of a NIB Mad Bull. You can read my complete build here. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_89...tm.htm#8998124
Old 05-17-2011, 02:31 AM
Mijy

ORIGINAL: john01374
The Mad Bull Body will be available again. Tamiya just re-released the car in XB forum for 2011 so parts are going to be easy to get in just a month or so. The Tamiya Hornet body als will fit with minor mods.

I recently did a build up of a NIB Mad Bull. You can read my complete build here. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_89...tm.htm#8998124

New mad bull xb? I already had the xb and that was released about 6 years ago. I just removed the brushless motor and accellerator control and put it in a HPI touring/ drift car (the Gran Tourismo Ford GT). If thats the case I might have to wait for the new XB and go mad with that .

I cant really use the Mad Bull atm since its caseless and it has a habbit of rolling with my driving. Though i have set about a project of modding my bull so that the Traxxas Rustler VXL case will fit on (quite annoying really).

BTW - Very nice guide

Just searched:
Mad Bull XB 2011:http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=57813
Mad Bull XB (old):http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=57709

And here is the new car: