Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

sportwerks raven st

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 05:27 AM
bashingozzy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default sportwerks raven st

hi iv got a sports werks raven st just wondering what the highest jump is any 1 has done and their comments on the car and if hop up parts are out for them yet
Old 02-01-2006, 06:44 AM
DaveG55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sportwerks raven st

Hey, good to see somebody with one. I was asking yesterday about that truck and it didn't seem like a lot of people had much hands on experence. Here's a link to the thread I had.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3847764/tm.htm
How's your's doing. What's the durability been like so far? How is it speed and handling wise? Have you broke anything yet? Can you get replacement parts? Since it's pretty new I'd expect that it may be a while for hop-up parts to start to show up.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:33 AM
-Inverted-

Wow, someone actually has one, now your gonna have to review it for us , Quite a few of us have been anxious to hear how it performs.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:54 PM
wookie_racer
My Feedback: (8)

well a kind in my neghborhood just got one...he came up to my door asking for help (pinion and spur mesh prob) it is a decant truck! it is pretty quik and handles good. the shocks are nice and the desigh seems stable...the tires are awsome! or at leas they would be for my track, they are soooooo soft massive traction, but BIG balooning. over all i actually enjoyed driving it, if they have a kit i would buy it.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:15 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

I imagine they will, since they did it for their buggy.

As for the ballooning problem, put some duct tape on the tires to fix that
Old 02-01-2006, 07:37 PM
wookie_racer
My Feedback: (8)

yeah but they are pre gluesd and i dont want to make the kid go thrugh the process of boiling tires...cause i had bad experiances, wheels melted and the rubber was still on as strong as ever.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:00 PM
MBX5T Maniac

Yeah, well, if they were not factory glued. But ohh well
Old 02-03-2006, 12:22 AM
bashingozzy

i bought myn aboult 2weeks ago i was very inpressed off the speed and handling parts are very cheap and very easy to get as im in australia iv been told the hop ups are going to be out in aboult 2 mounths. After doing aboult 1 meter high jump a couple times and some bashing i bent 1 rear axle my fault for slapping back end down hard and 1 rear hub for a full speed slide into tree.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:25 AM
MBX5T Maniac

What is "Full speed"?
Old 02-03-2006, 05:47 AM
bashingozzy

not sure on the correct speed but faster then a tt-01 with sports tune engine
Old 07-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Bhouse3000

the stock full speed of my raven st was 23.3 mph (police radar gun) but, that was with a uses stock raven st motor
Old 07-28-2006, 07:23 AM
johnathanlopez

i got a raven months ago... and ive enjoyed it alot. Ive jumped it over my truck, off my roof, over my roof... flips off of trees..... all sorts of stuff.... i have broken some things but thats to be expected with how i drive them. ive read lots of different speeds here on RCU about the speed and i think it is faster than 23. I was very impressed with the speed on that stock battery. It was beating a stock pede with some 3300's. It now has a 10x3 and a novak TC2.... its quick....
Old 07-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Bhouse3000

nice man, i just put my stock motor back into mine, because i blew my other (hehe, the winds came undone, i duno how, dontask, lol) and it still runs wonderfully, i have 80tooth spur in there, new carbon slipper pads, bigger pinion, still use the stock esc (its not bad) also, im running losi xxx a-arms, and titanium camber links and turn buckles

i'll post pics soon
Old 07-28-2006, 12:03 PM
kyracer29

The more I look at the raven it sorta looks like a less expensive xxx-t.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:28 PM
whoajoe

They have some aluminum parts on sportwerksrc.com under electric option parts, like a-arms, and shock towers. I have had mine for months and I love it. I have an LRP A.I. esc and a 16t motor in it now. I went back to the stock tires because they work so well on a hard packed grippy track. I am not really interested in jumping really high (4 feet on a track), but for how high I do jump it handles it. This is great how people are starting to get the Raven, last month I thought I was the only person who owned one.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Bhouse3000

well, just updating the thread, im thinking of putting a novak ss 5800 brushless, but as it is, it is great, i raced an evader st pro, with the 15t havok motor, and i won!, lol, the truck is extremely durable, buy wish they made titanium dogbones :/ already went through 2 pairs
Old 08-10-2006, 10:09 PM
dgz69er

I've had my raven since february. I've posted on here a few times about it. Seems like most people just ignore it.

I've only jumped it about 3ft high or so. The first time I did. The engine came loose. The factory didn't tighten it up enough, and I didn't think about it.

Like all stock tires. I roasted mine within a few days. I also trashed the servo fairly quickly too. I upgraded the engine to a 17turn motor. I can't give you too much of a good review on it. I hardly use it anymore. I spend most of my time with my nitros. I figure this winter will be a good time to get the raven back together.

All and all I think it is a really awesome truck. I haven't seen much in the way of aftermarket parts. Although my lhs has a fair amount of stock parts for it. I think it would be a really badass truck if someone put a brushless motor on it. I impressed a few nitro guys with it shortly after I put the 17t motor in. It seems to be fairly balanced. I don't remember anytime that I have went into the ground face down.

Thats about all I have.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Bhouse3000

nice man, how long did it take you to fry your servo? i think i just fried my servo, cuz when i turn, there is a clicking noise, im not sure if its the servo thats broken, or just the servo saver, or one of the servo gears stripping? can some1 please help, it click only at certain points when i turn, lol. o well, i was thinking of going brushless, but 2much money
i put in a trinity green machines pro 27t motor, i got it dyno tuned to see how much rpm it really has, it had 34,500 rpm on 7.2v, which i was pretty happy with, seeing as its a 27t motor.
i put a 74t spur, and a 22t pinion, and i run 3600mah batteries, and it is quick
i thnk it goes around 30-35mph,
i race lots of evaders, and i usually win, lol

well, can you please respond to the servo problem question please?
lol
Old 08-31-2006, 07:43 PM
dgz69er

I apologize for the lateness in my response. I don't come to the electric threads much. Yes that is the exact same thing that my stearing servo did. After I destroyed the stock servo I went out and bought a JR 590. It has more than enough power to turn the wheels. I haven't ran the truck for awhile. I should get it out and play with it.

There is a great article in this months RC Car Action on electric st's. It has the raven in their. It held some pretty consistant scores. It seems to be towards to top of the barrel. Atleast that is how I viewed it. I wish more people would buy the st. It really is a great piece.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Bhouse3000

i know!!! its a very good truck, and very strong, and super fast stock, and has lots of upgradability, but people are just not seeing it :/ mayb its because sportwerks is mainly a nitor company, and the raven st/bx are their only real "electric" rc, but being their only electric, they made sure to make it good, i radar'd my raven with some 4200ib batts and a trinity green machine 3 pro motor and new bearings, i got 34.9mph, which i would say, is not bad at all, seing as those are the only "major" upgrades i have on it, besiades graphite arms and such, lol
Old 09-16-2006, 01:17 PM
johntammi

What would be a good upgraded motor brushed? 17 turn speedgem or similar? How low turn can you go with the stock esc, 15 turn?
Would different brushes improve stock motor? Just getting back into electric, so alittle rusty.
JB
Old 01-01-2007, 06:38 PM
whoajoe

Hey, it's been a while since anyone has posted in this thread so I thought I would post some pictures. Here is my Raven next to my RC10GT with new bodies and wheels and tires. I got a stock clear body for the Raven. It has red sparkles with black paint for backing. It has new Team Losi wheels dyed black with Rit dye and Team Losi Taper Pin Reds, which work best at the track. Now if I could drive it. . .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23675.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	588536   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45376.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	588537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41707.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	588538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64858.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	588539   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66270.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	588540   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46847.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	588541  
Old 01-01-2007, 09:10 PM
zurhahn

horizon hobby has aluminum hop ups for the raven
Old 01-03-2007, 09:27 AM
ashman71

Nice pics, great job. I've had the Raven for a few months and so far very happy with it. I've also posted a few times and not got much response so good to see a few more out there. For the price-point I don't think you can do better. I ran the stock 19t motor 60+ times before I fried it (went through 3 sets of brushes with barely any maintenance) and only melted it because of a bind in the tranny that I didn't pick up. I've stripped 2 servos (both my fault as I bash the hell out of it) and snapped a rear axle (bad landing from a jump). Normal wear and tear from the sort of work it's doing. Put Dirt Hawgs on the rear and they are fantastic tyres for offroad bashing (pics are of the originals before they became slicks!). I'm in Oz and parts are still a little hard to come by, but get ordered in okay. I don't know anyone who's gone brushless yet, would be interested to hear - or how low turn a motor anyone has tried.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42234.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	589583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52572.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	589584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30791.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	589585  
Old 01-03-2007, 06:29 PM
rc guy96

hey yeah i just bought one with my christmas money.... it is AWESOME!!! only prob. is that i took it off a jump for the six time say annd landed bad a crack the rear tire broke off. this made me kinda upset i was hoping that it would last longer. do u know of any parts that would make it last longer?? or that are better for jumping thnx.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.