Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 08:41 PM
bIGmiK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

Guess whos picks up their MF2 tommorow
Old 07-14-2006, 08:57 PM
EvaderStMan

heres my evader pro finally got it yesterday. This is a crappy camera phone pic. so w.e. This is right before i put the deans on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63785.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	491641  
Old 07-14-2006, 09:08 PM
cheech4

yup thats the bad boy alright. read the posts here you will find lots of information about upgrades and hopups.. best place to be to find any information about the evaders. Good luck with it.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Flyojumper

ORIGINAL: raz54
Hey Flyo. All the teeth on the idler were worn down evenly to the point they just barely made contact with the diff gear. I had plenty of grease in there so I know that wasn't the problem and after getting the new idler I set it in with no grease so I could see just how the mesh was, too much gap to last.
Alright, thanks, exactly the same that happened to me (had ample lube too). Weird question, but I was wondering if too much lube can hurt too. My LHS swears about running trannies dry or with extremely minimal lube and I've read some topics where some people were saying that too. The opinions seem to be divided on the subject, I may create a topic about that one of these days...

No one commented on the losi XXT and XX buggy tranny components. If the evader is pretty much a carbon copy of the XX then the tranny or tranny components might very well fit. I've never seen it discussed before.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:02 PM
duneslider

The evader tranny is closer to the AE than the losi. Really it is more its own thing. It would just take experimenting to find what works.

Duneslider
Old 07-14-2006, 10:03 PM
raz54

I've wondered about the losi trany fitting too but never found out either. I would never run a metal to metal trany dry, that's asking for severe gear ware plus radio interference (with an AM radio anyway). If you find out about the losi trany be sure to let us know.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:19 PM
JMHZ2401

I have a couple questions about my Evader ST. I had the motor off just a little bit ago (for the first time, cleaning it). First what size is the gear on the motor? I was looking at it but it did not say. Next is the motor that comes with the evader have adjustable timing? I noticed 2 marks on the side (one lined up with one on the shell). A friend of mine from way back in the day had given me some motors that we could adjust the timing on, and they had the same markings. If it is does it add much more to it? Sorry if my wording is not 100% correct. I have played with R/c cars, but never got into them enough for learn all the terms and such. Try to learn.

also on a side note Today is a week I have had my Evader and I already need new rear tires. Mainly because I let my girlfriend nephew drive it (on the road) and he did not know how to let off the gas and kept doing donuts with it. Since then I have sort of been hard on them so I will buy new ones. Debating on what to get. I really not doing that much road driving, more dirt/sand and hills. Because of road construction they have some massive hills near me I have been trying to climb. I was think of something more for climbing. Can anyone give me any ideas? I will try to get some pictures of the hills and maybe of my Evader on them. Sorry for the long post. Thanks
Old 07-14-2006, 11:27 PM
cheech4

OK where to start
if you have the pro then these are the numbers
spur=88
pinion=20
differential gear=48pitch 48 tooth
motor is a 15t havok- i think its a fixed timing motor " dont mess with it"
tires i recommend, either proline dirt hawgs or proline gladiators
Old 07-15-2006, 03:16 AM
EvaderStMan

My motor wires fried yesterday. has anyone hooked up thier motor with deans. and the graphite strap that hold the battery down pulls the wires coming from the battery and makes the pure wire touch each other. yesterday. it almost caused a fire in my house.but i ended up cutting the plastic part at each end of the stick pack and wrapping it with electricall tape so i saved my batteries. but the evader pro is mind blazing fast. yesterday i sware i had to run to the hobby shop every 20 min. the first thing i did on my was break a part. the front skid plate thing. but the is am I the only one who dosent have the havok. mine came stock with a [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LG4937&P=1]orion sv2 15t [/link]
Old 07-15-2006, 04:44 AM
EVADERCHAOS

Ooh? You got lucky. they stopped making the Havok a while back. I no longer use my batt strap. In fact I have never used it on my Pro. I use a velcro strap now.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:42 AM
NewGuy1980

ORIGINAL: EVADERCHAOS

Ooh? You got lucky. they stopped making the Havok a while back. I no longer use my batt strap. In fact I have never used it on my Pro. I use a velcro strap now.
Any reason you don't use the graphite battery strap? Is this something I should change?
Old 07-15-2006, 07:05 AM
JMHZ2401

ORIGINAL: cheech4

OK where to start
if you have the pro then these are the numbers
spur=88
pinion=20
differential gear=48pitch 48 tooth
motor is a 15t havok- i think its a fixed timing motor " dont mess with it"
tires i recommend, either proline dirt hawgs or proline gladiators
Thanks. I do not think I have the PRO, but just the Evader ST. I know the motor is a 20T photon speed.
On the tires I was looking at these [link=http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/331043.asp]Dirt Paws[/link]
I will take a look at the ones you sugested as well. I might end up getting whatever my local hoby shop has. I truck is real hard to control in the dirt right now because of the tires. Thanks again.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:24 AM
raz54

ORIGINAL: NewGuy1980

ORIGINAL: EVADERCHAOS

Any reason you don't use the graphite battery strap? Is this something I should change?

One reason to not use the strap is then you can run 7 cell packs easier and there is no clip to lose.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:17 AM
NewGuy1980

Ahhhhh i c, thanks again Raz
Old 07-15-2006, 09:37 AM
bIGmiK

Can someone please take some pics of their rear toe block braces... my mate wants to know how to make himself some.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:51 AM
cjg

The battery strap does provide some stiffness to keep the frame from flexing longitudinally. i.e. it helps keep the frame from bending lengthwise. Technically this should improve handling, but it may not provide much added stiffness so you may not notice a difference in handling without it.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:20 AM
cjg

Bryan, interested in your toe brace.

[email protected]
Old 07-15-2006, 11:11 AM
bradh

Bryian, I need a brace kit
Old 07-15-2006, 11:22 AM
raz54

ORIGINAL: bIGmiK

Can someone please take some pics of their rear toe block braces... my mate wants to know how to make himself some.

I would love to help a fellow R/C er out but this would also hurt a fellow R/C er and a friend by taking money away from the inventer.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:49 AM
4 stroken ron
My Feedback: (29)

I agree with what raz54 posted about the tow braces.........
Here is how you do the Velcro straps for battery hold down. You still use the brace.
First pic is the new straps from Wal Mart. There are several colors in each bag.
The second is where I cut slot with Dremel.
Ron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55342.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	491790   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73366.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	491791   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86857.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	491792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95833.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	491793  
Old 07-15-2006, 11:53 AM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Nifty idea^^^ I bet it holds better then mine did.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:07 PM
Flyojumper

Raz, how much lube did you put in your metal tranny the second time you rebuilt it? The first few times I did mine (including when it was still all plastic) I would only coat the 3 gears with enough grease to fill the teeth, but then after a couple runs that grease would just be projected (by centrifugal force) to the walls of the tranny and not stick to the gears anymore, so I started to coat the inside of the tranny box too so they would "dip" at every rotation and replenish the teeth. Did you just fill the teeth or put some also in the tranny box?

I've been thinking about getting some Lithium grease tube from Pepboys, I've been using AE silicone grease mini tubes until now but those are so tiny tiny tiny that the cost is starting to add up... Anyone using auto grease in their tranny and is it as good as the AE stuff? Lithium grease is the best out of them? (I've seen like 5 types of grease the last time I was in Pepboys)
Old 07-15-2006, 12:29 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

I used to use auto grease and that tranny was smooth, my motor was just too powerful for the plastic idler.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:41 PM
JMHZ2401

Well I went and got some new tires today. The local hobby shop had a good selection. I got ProLine Trac-Ta-Gator Tire, and a new set of rims as well. I took some pictures of them and the old one and my truck with the new tires.

That was just after a week of use.

I like the way the new tires look. I have not had a chance to try them out yet, but will here soon.
Now a couple of my truck.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:55 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

Be careful where you run man. Those things ware out quick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.