Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 05:09 PM
rpage83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

Ok, I need some help vaders! I have my vader st, with a recently purchased associated ESC, 15 turn motor. But im kinda bumbed out about the slow responses to throttle. I run paddles, in snow, garden dirt. Anyways, Whats the best high tourqe motor that you can run? Also, pinion, 16t? thanks
Old 02-16-2006, 06:24 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

I would run a reedy quad mag and a 17t pinion. What esc is it? Some have auto traction control and accelerate slow before fast to prevent spinning out.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:25 PM
raz54

They were quite ademate the two times I called that I had no choice but to send the parts back first...

[/quote]

That is weird. I have delt with them several times and they never wanted the part shipped to them, unless it's electronic. My fan in my charger started making noise and they did have me send that back but that's all. They even sent me a metal gear servo free to replace the stripped stocker.

rpage83. You might want to get a good 19 X 2 motor. I think you need more low end torque plus you will get longer run times.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:36 PM
duneslider

ORIGINAL: ob1n

Anybody in here know if the anti-squat/rear toe adjuster from tower hobbies will also fit a BX...or is it just for ST?

It will fit the bx. The pro bx comes with it.

Later
Duneslider
Old 02-16-2006, 06:40 PM
duneslider

ORIGINAL: rpage83

Ok, I need some help vaders! I have my vader st, with a recently purchased associated ESC, 15 turn motor. But im kinda bumbed out about the slow responses to throttle. I run paddles, in snow, garden dirt. Anyways, Whats the best high tourqe motor that you can run? Also, pinion, 16t? thanks
Take tamiyas advise and check the settings on the esc. Like he said, there is a traction control and an acceleration setting. What motor is it? I would recommend a good 19t like the reedy quad mag or something similiar.

I heard you guys got some good snow yesterday. I live south of you in Riverton and we only got like two inches, most of it melted today.

Later
duneslider
Old 02-16-2006, 06:49 PM
duneslider

ORIGINAL: raz54

I got one kind that work pretty well but I got some with bigger paddles and going to try them out today. The smaller ones make some nice rooster tails alright but I'm hoping the bigger ones will give more traction. I'll give results later today. If you run in sand make sure you get the front sand tires too so it will steer better, those helped a lot.

Raz--Keep me up dated on how they all work. Which ones have you tried thus far? I will probably get me some as soon as spring hits.

Tamiya, I hate to sell the fourwheelers but I never have time to ride. I registered my banshee in july and the stickers are still sitting on my desk. Plus, I am building a house right now and kind of could use a little extra cash. If I can get good money for my Banshee I will keep my quadracer, but the used atv market doesn't seem too good right now. So, if you know anyone who wants a banshee for a great deal send them my way.

Plus, I seem to have almost as much fun with the rcs as the big fourwheelers. Blowing the motor in the rc is twenty to thirty bucks verse the $400 I just spent to rebuild the banshee.

Later
Duneslider
Old 02-16-2006, 06:51 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

Rc is expensive, but it doesn't compare to 4 wheelers or cars. I think four wheeling is still #1 in my book.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:08 PM
duneslider

I would have to agree, fourwheeling is great. But, forty bucks of gas in the truck to get to the dunes, thrity buck gas for the fourwheelers, ten bucks 2-stroke oil, and food for the day. I tell you, it doesn't take many weekends to have a lot of stuff for the rc. Plus I have been getting back into snowboarding and a day on the slopes is pretty ridiculous. Also, rc parts are pretty cheap so I can buy a couple things at a time and the wife doesn't even realize I am spending anything. Five buck here, five bucks there, pretty soon I spent a hundred bucks and I'm not even in trouble.

Hows the monstervader coming? Are you making a new chassis to get the ground clearance? I am drawing one up in autocad right now so I can turn my regular vader into a monster. I would love to get it tough enough to bash hardcore like the pedes do. How will you power your vader, what motor? I want something with a lot of torque for mine.

Later
Duneslider
Old 02-16-2006, 07:09 PM
EVADERCHAOS

My only gripe so far would have to be the ungodly wheel hop as a result of horribly unbalanced tires.
lol
It is not so bad in the dirt where speeds tend to be a bit lower, but out on the street is another story. Especially going WOT.
lol

EDIT: My decal sheet was folded and inside the bag of paperwork and parts. *** All 3 of my window decals have giant creases in them. I might just spray (rattle cans) on the windows like I did to my old Evader.[:-]
Old 02-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Grimdeath

ORIGINAL: tamiyacrawler

I would run a reedy quad mag and a 17t pinion. What esc is it? Some have auto traction control and accelerate slow before fast to prevent spinning out.
17t with the 88t spur? Are you reducing it to save wear/tear? I've been running the reedy with 7-cells and the stock 18t pinion now and everything remains cool to the touch. I was going to try some more aggressive pinions (20-24T) this weekend.
I have to admit the reedy is sweet.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:17 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

It all depends on the products and cells. To get full performance out of a 19t running 6-cells, it is best to go down a tooth or two. In your case you are running seven cells, so you get more power and can upgear slightly. Generally, you should go down a tooth or more when buying a hotter motor.

duneslider and anyone else, here are final specs on Monstervader
-masher 2k's possibly mounted on custom aluminum rims
-reedy quad mag
-good servo
-for now rpm clawz 6 spoke rims
-16/90 gearing

possobilities
-aluminum chassis
-those aluminum rims(may take a while)
-custom shock towers
-custom wheelie bar[8D]
-anything else i can make

with the usual like 4.2" mt tires i'm getting 3" of ground clearance, so i hope to get around 3.5-4" of clearance after it is complete and by next year it may be even more if i get time to design an aluminum chassis.

I'm really excited about this transformation and i hope to have one of the best evaders out there when it's done. I want people on the forums to say "like tamiyacrawler's" and "have you seen tamiyacrawlers?" and that kind of stuff. Expect alot because my ideas are crazy and i'm now stoked and probably will start custom shocktowers tomorrow. Skidplates may also be added to the suspension arms and bottom of chassis.

My goal is to be able to take this thing mudding and LIGHT trailing. Just some stones and sticks and dirt. That kinda stuff. Plan on an update soon.

tamiya
Old 02-16-2006, 09:22 PM
EVADERCHAOS

Well I have hit my first snag today...literally. lol

I went for a little bash in my backyard earlier today and it was going pretty awesome. Played around in the dirt for a bit, went out to the street for a while jumping off of driveway skirts and whatnot. Then I went to the backyard again. Screwing around here and there, having a good time. Then all of a sudden BLAM! my car clips a block sitting in the ground.

At first I didn't know what was wrong, but the left rear wheel sure wasn't straight. After blasting the dirt off I take a closer look and discover that I have, like many others, found the Pro's weakness. Turns out I broke the crap out of the Rear Toe-in Block on the left side, and in the process lost one of the screws.

A quick trip to the LHS should be all I need. Besides this incident my truck is running flawlessly so far.

Here is a sweet pic of some insane rooster-tail, the broken part, and the culprit.
The block is there to protect that pipe you see. The pipe is connected directly to the water main.
lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64822.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	409603   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14029.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	409604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg91584.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	409605   Click image for larger version

Name:	Un33726.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	409606  
Old 02-16-2006, 09:25 PM
EVADERCHAOS

No idea why th pics are not thumbs.?
Old 02-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Doahh

that IS crazy roostertailing...
Old 02-16-2006, 09:58 PM
duneslider

Nice rooster!! I also like the battery strap. Very nice! Man how would it be to have dry dirt to run on right now. It starts warming up and drying only to dump snow on me again. I can't wait for spring.

Later
Duneslider
Old 02-16-2006, 10:40 PM
raz54

[

Raz--Keep me up dated on how they all work. Which ones have you tried thus far? I will probably get me some as soon as spring hits.
Later
Duneslider
[/quote]

These paddles are great! Now when I crest a hill it wheelies over the top (lol).

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDT99&P=K
Old 02-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Grimdeath

ORIGINAL: EVADERCHAOS

Well I have hit my first snag today...literally. lol

I went for a little bash in my backyard earlier today and it was going pretty awesome. Played around in the dirt for a bit, went out to the street for a while jumping off of driveway skirts and whatnot. Then I went to the backyard again. Screwing around here and there, having a good time. Then all of a sudden BLAM! my car clips a block sitting in the ground.

At first I didn't know what was wrong, but the left rear wheel sure wasn't straight. After blasting the dirt off I take a closer look and discover that I have, like many others, found the Pro's weakness. Turns out I broke the crap out of the Rear Toe-in Block on the left side, and in the process lost one of the screws.

A quick trip to the LHS should be all I need. Besides this incident my truck is running flawlessly so far.

Here is a sweet pic of some insane rooster-tail, the broken part, and the culprit.
The block is there to protect that pipe you see. The pipe is connected directly to the water main.
lol
LOL; that's the first piece I broke on mine too! I really wish that made that in Alumimun. On the other hand, if that didn't break the whole graphite arm would have...

Old 02-16-2006, 11:07 PM
duneslider

Thats cool. I will have to get those ones. I kind of like th look of the other ones but they didn't look like they would hook up as well. I guess there is more to it than looks.

Later
Duneslider
Old 02-17-2006, 12:21 AM
EVADERCHAOS

ORIGINAL: Grimdeath
LOL; that's the first piece I broke on mine too! I really wish that made that in Alumimun. On the other hand, if that didn't break the whole graphite arm would have...
It is a built in Fail-safe, so you don't break something that could be worse than what is actually designed to break. You got the idea. That is why the idler gear is nylon in the tranny, it protects all the other components fro breaking.
lol
Old 02-17-2006, 12:27 AM
EVADERCHAOS

ORIGINAL: duneslider

Nice rooster!! I also like the battery strap. Very nice! Man how would it be to have dry dirt to run on right now. It starts warming up and drying only to dump snow on me again. I can't wait for spring.

Later
Duneslider
thanks for the compliments everyone! That custom batt. strap saves weight! lol I haven't had time to extend the slot for the clip where the batt. strap mounts to yet. temporary fix, although it is kinda nice not having to deal with that stupid strap all the time. Just flip the tape up switch packs and flip it back down. [8D] The D.T. is proven too. I flipped my car end over end in the grass (the rear end kicked up on the edge of the grass that I was jumping[:@]) and the batt. stayed right were it was. lol
Old 02-17-2006, 12:38 AM
raz54

ORIGINAL: duneslider

Thats cool. I will have to get those ones. I kind of like th look of the other ones but they didn't look like they would hook up as well. I guess there is more to it than looks.

Later
Duneslider

Yeah the other type does look a little better but the paddles are so soft they can bend backwards plus they are shorter. These dig in so much better it didn't get stuck once.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:10 AM
duneslider

That's exactly what I thought the first time I saw those other paddles. I thought they looked great but I didn't think they would work that great. Maybe I will have to get them just for the photo shoots Although, the sand paws almost look too tall, maybe I will have to get two pair and try trimming one down a little.

Later
Duneslider
Old 02-17-2006, 03:43 AM
Humphrey001

Her are some pics of my evader. It's pretty much standard except for a few bits here and there like the servo. But the motor and esc are the originals for now. Finnaly recieved my new parts (replacing the bit that broke in the prang with the pole) which will go on after work tonight and be ready for the weekend. Anyway enjoy.[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19972.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	409794   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99673.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	409795   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb74848.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	409796  
Old 02-17-2006, 03:45 AM
Humphrey001

Sorry about the fuzziness of the third pic it is a still taken from a video
Old 02-17-2006, 05:36 AM
Flyojumper

What would you guys recommend for gearing on the Evader BX pro with an Orion revolution 12x2?
Right now I have tried it at 17/88 and 19/88, both ran very cool but it was on pavement (would get hotter on dirt from my experience).
I want to get as much top speed as possible while still not getting high temps and shortening the motor's life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.