Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:18 AM
SluggoMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

I'm no expert. Guys on here know way more than me, but I'd bet the 17T has too much torque. I'm shocked your stock esc hasn't burned out...it shouldn't handle any more than 19t
Old 10-13-2008, 11:19 AM
BEARBYSR

How do you get the Previous Post to show up in the reply?
Just copy and paste it to the reply box, then highlite it and hit the quote button(little blue one above the reply box) that should do it, hope that helps.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:17 PM
rawfuls
My Feedback: (1)

Or, you could just click "Quote" on the top right.
Yes, your ESC should have, if not burned out already.

A good reminder, is to slide a piece of A4 paper in the mesh, and make sure it's as tight as it can be, but with the paper still in there, not ripped.

This is a good thing to go by.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:13 PM
rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: esky77

will a associated b4 tranny fit
uhh, i've been meaning to test that for a while now cuz i happen to have a B4 and have been meaning to test that very theory out, i've looked at the mounting holes and i don't think it's possible with out some fabirication but i haven't accually compaired the two next to each other

for gear mesh i just eyeball it, i look to have just a wee bit of play but the gears should also be smooth

the lug
Old 10-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Ziggmiester

So...I ended up with the ICE after all. I really compared the specs of this to the TC charger and I really couldn't find where the extra 50 dollars would get me that far.

Nonetheless, as far as gear mesh goes, you want to be able to take a piece of paper and run it through the two gears, while leaving marks, but not ripping the paper. This should be tight enough not to burn up your spur, but loose enough as well. I have had my evader for many years at this point, and while I took a year off, I still have used it quite a bit. Further more, I have a 10X2 Team Checkpoint motor in there. There is no way that a 17t motor is burning that spur up, while it might kill your ESC, I'm still running my stock spur gear, so if it was installed correctly, I'd have to say they wouldn't be melting on ya.

FairTax4me,
These are all the stock numbers on tower for everything you need to remake the diff and tranny on the evader. This works great, so if you're looking for a stronger set to handle your brushless system or just plain to make it better, here you go.
LX3224
LXFZP0
LX3225
LXD109
LXCPH0
LXCPH1
LXAV73
LXGS07

Well, hope you come back to the hobby soon cheech, I hope everything works out for you. Ah well, I was wondering if Raz was still making those braces, but I guess if he hasn't been around, we'll just have to see if he shows up again.

-Ziggy
Old 10-13-2008, 05:43 PM
rclugnut10

b2 diff conversion well worth it i got it and love it i got the links poser in the mid 470's i think, i got um to go from ext to evader tranny with b2 and just go to b2 i belive but i'm not sure exatcally what it entails, but take a looksie

the lug
Old 10-13-2008, 06:20 PM
riverat1540

hey everyone long time no see. ive been busy with work trying to score a buck or 2 to get another battery after my last fatal accident that toasted my lipo. i did have the fastest evader until i hit the curb at 45 mph if u search brushless evader ull see my truck its the real fast one running at night. well hope to see u on some time cheech and my babys ready to go just needs another sweet lipo. and if anyone needs to know anything i can probally help as ive pretty much done it all to my evader st. so take care yall ill try to stop in more often
Old 10-13-2008, 06:55 PM
SluggoMan

ORIGINAL: Ziggmiester

So...I ended up with the ICE after all. I really compared the specs of this to the TC charger and I really couldn't find where the extra 50 dollars would get me that far.

Nonetheless, as far as gear mesh goes, you want to be able to take a piece of paper and run it through the two gears, while leaving marks, but not ripping the paper. This should be tight enough not to burn up your spur, but loose enough as well. I have had my evader for many years at this point, and while I took a year off, I still have used it quite a bit. Further more, I have a 10X2 Team Checkpoint motor in there. There is no way that a 17t motor is burning that spur up, while it might kill your ESC, I'm still running my stock spur gear, so if it was installed correctly, I'd have to say they wouldn't be melting on ya.

FairTax4me,
These are all the stock numbers on tower for everything you need to remake the diff and tranny on the evader. This works great, so if you're looking for a stronger set to handle your brushless system or just plain to make it better, here you go.
LX3224
LXFZP0
LX3225
LXD109
LXCPH0
LXCPH1
LXAV73
LXGS07

Well, hope you come back to the hobby soon cheech, I hope everything works out for you. Ah well, I was wondering if Raz was still making those braces, but I guess if he hasn't been around, we'll just have to see if he shows up again.

-Ziggy
Doesn't this come in a kit at a discount?

What about the b2 conversion that is also talked about above....is that another option or the same one.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:59 PM
SluggoMan

When I do my Tamiya to Deans conversion later this week, I assume you also have to change the connector on the battery charger, correct? So I'll need deans plugs for battery charger, esc, and batteries. Any dangers at all with the battery, since there is no way to prevent the battery from still having a charge while we're doing it?
Old 10-13-2008, 07:19 PM
rawfuls

Don't cut both wires at the same time.
Make sure your Deans and wires at on the same polarity terminal.
Hmm, well, yes, you can keep your Tamiya on your charger, but you could make an adapter, but what would the point be to replace the connectors...

Yes, it's called the DTX Diff rebuild it, if that's what you're talking about.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:30 PM
rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: rawfuls

Don't cut both wires at the same time.
Make sure your Deans and wires at on the same polarity terminal.
Hmm, well, yes, you can keep your Tamiya on your charger, but you could make an adapter, but what would the point be to replace the connectors...

Yes, it's called the DTX Diff rebuild it, if that's what you're talking about.
well yeah that's about it with the batts, don't cut both wires cuz you'll short the pack make a big spark and fry you're batts in about half a sec and then flip out .25th of a second later so yeah cut 1 at a time

also i'ld put the deans on the zapper just cuz you'll get a better read on weather its full or not and probally cut charge times by a bit...

the b2 is listed there

the lug
Old 10-13-2008, 11:55 PM
FairTax4me

I just went down to my LHS and they had a Duratrax rebuild kit so I said scrooge it, and just did that with the Carbide diff balls. I got it back together but something is either screwy with the motor, or I'm way overgeared even on a 16t pinion because it cogs like crazy and it gets hot as the devil after trying to drive just 50 feet. Gonna swap the worn out Titan from my slash and see how it acts with that. If its better then Ill know I did something wrong when I put the 9T back together.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:58 AM
BEARBYSR

hey everyone long time no see. ive been busy with work trying to score a buck or 2 to get another battery after my last fatal accident that toasted my lipo. i did have the fastest evader until i hit the curb at 45 mph if u search brushless evader ull see my truck its the real fast one running at night. well hope to see u on some time cheech and my babys ready to go just needs another sweet lipo. and if anyone needs to know anything i can probally help as ive pretty much done it all to my evader st. so take care yall ill try to stop in more often
Hey riverat1540, that is still one of my all time favorite evader videos, I show that one to all my nitro buddies when they start up the old " nitro is faster then electric smack" they just get the [X(] look
Old 10-14-2008, 10:04 AM
rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: FairTax4me

I just went down to my LHS and they had a Duratrax rebuild kit so I said scrooge it, and just did that with the Carbide diff balls. I got it back together but something is either screwy with the motor, or I'm way overgeared even on a 16t pinion because it cogs like crazy and it gets hot as the devil after trying to drive just 50 feet. Gonna swap the worn out Titan from my slash and see how it acts with that. If its better then Ill know I did something wrong when I put the 9T back together.
the duratrax rebuild kit is usefull if you're doing the b2 upgrade cuz you get new stuff, but if you're getting carbide balls it's useless, you're diff could be too loose you could have somthing jamming it, or screwing somthing up that happened in the rebuild, so i'ld take off the tranny and just spin the spur to see if everything supersmooth

the lug
Old 10-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Stang444

I think Ive heard rumors, but are duratrax evader parts close to compatible w. the losi xxx-nt parts? its an electric convertion and the front end just gets worse and worse gradualy.....so I want aluminum.

[link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAZN1&P=SM[/link]

[link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAXP3&P=SM[/link]

Old 10-14-2008, 10:26 AM
rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: Stang444

I think Ive heard rumors, but are duratrax evader parts close to compatible w. the losi xxx-nt parts? its an electric convertion and the front end just gets worse and worse gradualy.....so I want aluminum.

those parts are for the overdrive ST and don't look they'll fit at all

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBVG1&P=Z
an aluminum bulkhead

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBDK0&P=Z
steering hubs

knuckle arms
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBDK4&P=Z

rear arms that may or may not fit i'm not sure...
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGGU2&P=Z

that's all the evader aluminum

http://www.duratrax.com/caraccys/dtxc6182.html

that's all duratrax's hop up's idk if they make aluminum arms for the evader or if any of that stuff will fit, but i have heard speak of duratrax stuff fiting with losi, i know that the rims are compatable.

the lug
Old 10-14-2008, 12:20 PM
FairTax4me

you're diff could be too loose you could have somthing jamming it, or screwing somthing up that happened in the rebuild, so i'ld take off the tranny and just spin the spur to see if everything supersmooth
Transmission turns smooth as butter. The grease is still a little sticky but it all turns freely.
And the diff I tightened the way Duratrax recommends. All the way down then back off 1/8th turn. The truck has plenty of speed once its going but on the bottom end it just wont do anything.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:23 PM
rclugnut10

what motor, that could be the problems and do you have tam connectors? they could be causeing problems, and check your brushes they may be shot....

the lug
Old 10-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Evader-Revo master

Hi, I are very fan of this car. I have mine about 3 year. I have a Evader pro. I like this car a lot, I flip flap this car, crash it a lot of time and only broke the front tower. You can imagine Im selling my Revo 3.3 barely new because I going to use that money to upgrade my evader and for other hobbies. Actually it have the novak brushless 5.5R sistem, I bough a 4200 duratraxbatt. The problem is that this setupis very powerful and broke the diff a lot of time (runs like 45 mph in only 3 or 4 seconds, still not reach the max mph), im tired of changing the diff. I wat the evader ext conversion. If anyone alredy do that please thell me whatparst I need to buy. I also want the name of a smetal spur gear. I want all the tranny in metal to handle the great acceleraion. I also need a wheelie bar.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Evader-Revo master

I will put images when the evader are finished
Old 10-14-2008, 08:37 PM
rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: Evader-Revo master

Hi, I are very fan of this car. I have mine about 3 year. I have a Evader pro. I like this car a lot, I flip flap this car, crash it a lot of time and only broke the front tower. You can imagine Im selling my Revo 3.3 barely new because I going to use that money to upgrade my evader and for other hobbies. Actually it have the novak brushless 5.5R sistem, I bough a 4200 duratraxbatt. The problem is that this setupis very powerful and broke the diff a lot of time (runs like 45 mph in only 3 or 4 seconds, still not reach the max mph), im tired of changing the diff. I wat the evader ext conversion. If anyone alredy do that please thell me whatparst I need to buy. I also want the name of a smetal spur gear. I want all the tranny in metal to handle the great acceleraion. I also need a wheelie bar.
lol you sould just like me mid august lol
you'll want the b2 convesion for the better tranny you can't get all metal gears but 2 of the 3 internals and one really durable one
to find the conversion check out cheech4's sig i belive he has a post on this page but it may be 1 page back

edit look down lol cheech you always seem to post a comment right after i referacne you

the lug
Old 10-14-2008, 09:19 PM
cheech4

here ya go, lol
Old 10-15-2008, 06:25 AM
Evader-Revo master

the b2 conversion is more strong that the evader ext? and what metal spur gear will fit?
Old 10-15-2008, 07:39 AM
Evader-Revo master

ok, I was reading post, and says that the B2diff is more strong that the ext diff. What parts I need to buy? The carbide balls is a lot stronger? It can handle the 5.5 powerful aceleration? I mean I want to drag racing a little with my friends and start with 100% trotle, do wheelies. I dont use the car for jumping. I use the car on street and in the park. Maybe a little off-road. The diff was broken in the street when I bought the 4200 mAh batt. A greatr acceleration start breaking my diff, you know the sound of the diff balls. I try t tighten my diff but the sound persist and the turns gets bigger. Finally the motor of the car runs but the car dont move, the diff is very tigh but I think that the balls get worned and smaller. If the B2 convertion can handle that more that the ext tranny i will go with the b2 tranny. I dont know how to adjust the slipper clutch so it is very tight all the time.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Stang444

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: Stang444

those parts are for the overdrive ST and don't look they'll fit at all

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBVG1&P=Z
an aluminum bulkhead

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBDK0&P=Z
steering hubs

knuckle arms
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBDK4&P=Z

rear arms that may or may not fit i'm not sure...
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGGU2&P=Z

that's all the evader aluminum

http://www.duratrax.com/caraccys/dtxc6182.html

that's all duratrax's hop up's idk if they make aluminum arms for the evader or if any of that stuff will fit, but i have heard speak of duratrax stuff fiting with losi, i know that the rims are compatable.

the lug

Thanx rclugnut

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.