Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 08:52 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

Hey, anybody run karbonite gear servos? They are claimed to be 4x stronger than plastic gear servos and for 10 bucks i'll pick up three and still have enough money for the heli that i originally wanted and i could still buy the quad mag. To tell you the truth, the only reason why i strip servos is because of my track in my back yard. It has some trees in it and whenever i hit one i wruin a servo. If i got the mg servo, i bet i'd break the bell crank or linkages everytime i hit a tree. I really want something to fly, so i think i'll just get the karbonite servos and i'll have an extra, so if they aren't too strong and i strip one, i have a spare, and i'll just stop running around trees. The funny thing is tho, tamiyas don't have servo savers(well,kinda) but i hit tree after tree with that buggy and never break squat for gears.

I haven't posted pics here yet so now i will. This isn't my current setup tho. This is of it brand new
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71254.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	402021   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90928.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	402022   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82472.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	402023  
Old 02-04-2006, 11:57 PM
lcnet

about the oil thing...what if you warm up a little the oil before you fill them up. because your oil will be more Liquid while it warm, the air bubble could go up a lot easier...I think....
Old 02-05-2006, 12:23 AM
philp37

In reference to an earlier post. Stay away from rims made for associated vehicles. They will work, but the dish is differant, and they will change width, screw up suspension geometry design, and generally screw up your handling. Use wheels that are made for Losi. They are the same dish as the oe evader ones.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:29 AM
philp37

On the subject of the evader's bottom fill shocks, I have heard that losi owners have the same trouble. You might have something with the warming of the oil thing. I have heard that AE shocks, although more difficult to assemble, have a lot less trouble with air bubbles while rebuilding.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:01 PM
raz54

Hey guys. I got to take out my new evader st pro out today and try it and the motor burnt up on the first battery! It was running good then suddenly started slowing down and then stopped. Smoke was coming from the motor and one lead had come off so it got very hot very fast. I noticed that the tranny seems harder to turn than my old evader. Any ideas why? This was the first time out with it too and to be honest I never noticed how the tranny was before.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:13 PM
duneslider

My only guess is that the tranny had something wrong with it to begin with. If it were too tight so things couldn't rotate then you could smoke a motor. I would write duratrax and see what customer service will do for ya. I'd let them know you are pissed.

Sorry to hear it,
Duneslider
Old 02-05-2006, 11:57 PM
Humphrey001

Hi Fellas, I was out on the weekend with my Evader and my leads to my motor came off. Looks as if the solder melted. This has never happened before and the only thing I could think of was that it was the Masher 2000 tire (that are now on the back) are making the Photon motor work too hard. Would the Duratrax motormount/heatsink keep the motor under control with these tires, or do I have to change my pinion down. Any thoughts on this topic would be appreciated.

Other than this issue I was ecstatic with the performance of the tires. We (my Brother in law and I) run on a lose bluemetal BMX track and finally I have good traction.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:05 AM
duneslider

Yes you need to regear. Any change to the tires will effect the gearing of the rc. Go to the sticky on finding the proper gearing and read it. Then use the calculator to figure out what your gearing should be. You will need to know what the transmission ratio is and it is 2.66:1. Other then that you will just need to know your pinion gear and tire diameter. Play with spur gear sizes until you get one that is in the right range.

That article on proper gear selection is very very good. I promise you will learn a lot.

Later
Duneslider
Old 02-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Flyojumper

Yes that article is a very good read.
Only thing is they made a mistake in it on the meaning of the "perfect 1:1" gearing: it doesn't mean that for every revolution of the motor you will get a revolution of the wheel. What this "perfect ratio" mean is that for every revolution of the motor, you will have a 1" rotation on the circumference of the wheel.
If it was 1 motor revo = 1 full wheel revo you would be SERIOUSLY overgeared! lol
Old 02-06-2006, 12:24 AM
raz54

ORIGINAL: duneslider

My only guess is that the tranny had something wrong with it to begin with. If it were too tight so things couldn't rotate then you could smoke a motor. I would write duratrax and see what customer service will do for ya. I'd let them know you are pissed.

Sorry to hear it,
Duneslider

I found out what's going on, it's the axles! They flip one way great but are real tight the other way. If the axles are perfectly straight it turns easy but when the amrs go up or down it turns hard. Has any one else had this problem? The basic axles sure don't do this, they work real smooth.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:37 AM
duneslider

You are right, he did make that small wording mistake. Really the idea is to get the final drive ratio as close to the roll out/tire circumfrance as possible. It works though so really I guess that is all that matters. Its a heck of a lot easier than busting out the calculator and doing all the work myself too.

Raz54

I just went and looked at mine, they are the same no matter how much they go up or down. They are just plain smooth and free no matter what. I really think that is weird yours has probs.

Later
duneslider
Old 02-06-2006, 09:41 AM
raz54

Raz54

I just went and looked at mine, they are the same no matter how much they go up or down. They are just plain smooth and free no matter what. I really think that is weird yours has probs.

Later
duneslider
[/quote]

It's strange alright. They move say up and down fine but not side to side, (or vise versa) then they bind and it's hard to spin the wheels. I like the basic evaders axles better plus there in no grub screw to loosen up on them. I guess I'll take it back to the lhs and see what they will do. Thanks duneslider, I didn't think they should be like this.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:49 AM
warfield1

Well yesterday i learned you cant drive your rc in the cold.

Before the super bowl came on i wanted to run my evader at a friends house. I ran it threw a couple of yards and was driving it back towards me and hit a driveway that was raised up about 2 inches from the surface i was on but i couldn’t tell from the angle i was standing. well I wasn’t even going half speed and the front arm snapped like i had never seen before. The only excuse i could think of is it was to cold. Even though i live in Atlanta and it really doesn’t get that cold down here often it was unusually cold yesterday. Fortunately i have spare parts from my old nitro evader that i can replace it with today and get back to bashing.

I wont be running in the cold anymore.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:59 AM
tnguitarman

How low a turn can one go engine wise and still keep the differential stock? Any spur or pinion gears neccessary with said motor?
Old 02-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Flyojumper

Yay! I'm about to acquire a Orion Revolution 12x2 via the Duratrax warrantee on motors (long story, I have to pay some extra money but I was planning to get that motor anyway so it's worth it).

Anyway, my question: do you guys think it's alright to run this nice handwound 12t motor on the 12t Intellispeed? I've heard of another user running this exact same combination with no apparent problem but I wanted to ask users here.
Would that combination on 7 cells be ok as well? (the esc is rated for 7 cells, just wandering on the combination of handwound+7 cells)

Finally my BX should be able to reach some good speeds! (no more stuck at 23mph for me!)
Old 02-06-2006, 02:40 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Lock this thread. There is already an evader thread. For both the ST abd BX
Old 02-06-2006, 02:52 PM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im running 11 t and have run 9 turn with no problems with the tranny
Old 02-06-2006, 05:55 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

mahem, can you just stop about the evader?! Don't even come to the thread if you gonna say something useless.

The people at duratrax said that they'll take care of my worped rip and the tranny!!!! That's awesome. All i told them in the email is that the rim was warped from the factory and that the tranny is rough still after 15 runs and they said jus send it in and i'll get new stuff. I'll have to do that when i order my new stuff.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:34 PM
nitros_rule

yeah i also got a new factory tranny from them mine was havin the same problem as yours!
Old 02-06-2006, 06:36 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

was the new one smother?
Old 02-06-2006, 11:32 PM
raz54

Raz54

Later
duneslider
[/quote]

I wrote to Duratrax and they are sending me some new axles and the hs where I bought is too plus a new motor! SCORE!
Old 02-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Humphrey001

Just a quick question. I may ahve missed this in a previous thread. Does anybody know the rpm of the Photon Speed 20t motor that comes with the Evader ST or do know where I could find it?
Old 02-07-2006, 11:13 AM
raz54

ORIGINAL: Humphrey001

Just a quick question. I may ahve missed this in a previous thread. Does anybody know the rpm of the Photon Speed 20t motor that comes with the Evader ST or do know where I could find it?

I can't find any specs on the photon but I just put an Orion 21 x 2 motor on my other evader and it's slightly faster, maybe a mile an hour tops and it's a 22,990 rpm motor. The photon was a good motor (at least for me) but I like the method motor better. It seams to have a little more low end power plus it has ball bearings, adjustable timing and rebuidable.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:27 AM
fugaziiv

i though that i had a really warped front rims too, turns out they just needed to be balanced, a little shoe goo and some old bolts did the trick...
Old 02-07-2006, 03:29 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

I already balanced the fronts. If you look at them and slowly rotate them you can see that one side is alot different then the other. My new rims came in today anyway, along with the 90t spur. Sad i don't have any servos though[sm=crying.gif]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.