Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:27 PM
rawfuls
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Heh hey. I hate this new daylight change...
It's LAME
By the time I get home (3:30, I walk, 20 minutes ish, from school) It's already starting to darken up. It's really starting to piss me off..... I finished a short ESavvy run, and went to go change my RX (I have 1 RX for my DX3R, I just can't stop using this beast! It's so purty!), and when I got back out (less than 5 minutes) it was pitch black.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:43 PM
rclugnut10

wow thats bad it starts getting dark around 5ish i think then goes black at like 6 6:30 i think idk i spent from 3:30 - 6 -6:30 reading then eating and "homework"
i wanna drive...

the lug
Old 11-04-2008, 12:07 AM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: riverat1540

yea ran mine today for 3rd time since rebuild. much faster with new jaco foams vs old jaco foams which were much smaller. probally pushing around 35-40 on 7cell pack, ill have my 3s lipo wed so that should be sweet. im gonna try to make a viv eventually and should have no prob beating my old top speed of 54mph and i have no glitching anymore which will be a big help
here are the before and after pics
i still see you like doing speed runs on the beast of your riverat. you still got me beat on the vader. but my xray at 63 mph is just stupid fast.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:26 AM
DrewDads

Like I said...

Here are some pictures. I don't think I'll have time today to goto the track but, you never know.

Thanks for the idea of changing out the shock oil. I'll do that when I goto rebuild them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15674.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1065300   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36093.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	1065301   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55125.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1065302   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21337.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1065303   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47416.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1065304   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75898.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	1065305   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17670.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1065306   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc91235.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	1065307  

Old 11-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Evader-Revo master

is because your xray is stupid lighweigh
Old 11-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Evader-Revo master

pretty raceable XB. what motor oyou use and what speed you have reach?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:04 PM
DrewDads

Where are you planning on racing? I've never raced, but occasionally have interest and I saw you were in my area. I was wondering if my Evader ST (recently bought used and fairly bashed) was even worthy of showing up to a track with. I'm interested to see what advice you get here.
Here is the information on the track...

[link]http://www.larrysperformancercs.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=Race_and_Track_Information[/link]

I went there for an hour during lunch today. The car seemed slow. Might have to upgrade the motor and gearing I guess. Oh rats!
I was able to run two packs through it until I hit a side wall off of a jump and some how disconnected one of the wires going to the motor. The handling of it seemed to be pretty good. After a few laps the tires warmed up and I got some good grip and was able to hook the corners pretty good.

As for a top speed, I have no idea. It's stock so, what ever that is. Never had it radared.

Does anyone know how low of a turn I can go with that Novak Rooster ESC that I have (it's the stock one)? The guy at the LHS told me I can go as low as a 17t with it.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:50 PM
rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: DrewDads

Where are you planning on racing? I've never raced, but occasionally have interest and I saw you were in my area. I was wondering if my Evader ST (recently bought used and fairly bashed) was even worthy of showing up to a track with. I'm interested to see what advice you get here.
Here is the information on the track...

[link]http://www.larrysperformancercs.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=Race_and_Track_Information[/link]

I went there for an hour during lunch today. The car seemed slow. Might have to upgrade the motor and gearing I guess. Oh rats!
I was able to run two packs through it until I hit a side wall off of a jump and some how disconnected one of the wires going to the motor. The handling of it seemed to be pretty good. After a few laps the tires warmed up and I got some good grip and was able to hook the corners pretty good.

As for a top speed, I have no idea. It's stock so, what ever that is. Never had it radared.

Does anyone know how low of a turn I can go with that Novak Rooster ESC that I have (it's the stock one)? The guy at the LHS told me I can go as low as a 17t with it.
nice i've ripped my motor wire off my motor once or twice but hey that's half the fun try weaving them into you're esc, so they're not so much slack or chop um both off the motor and shorten them and resolder so you don't have so much extra, hey that's a good idea i'm gunna do that lol, mess with gear ratio's you can get tons more speed by bumping up or down a few teeth on the pinion/spur and try both ways, but it could be your motor did you say you have the proton still in there i wanna say it was you but hey i was put on a bunch of drugs today cuz wisdom teeth, so i may be crazy tho i'm crazy anyways so yeah, a new motor is always good someone posted a reedy challenger on the prevous page thats a real good motor, i have this
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJBY8&P=7
but its dicont so i'ld get the challenger it's a good motor tho the venom motors seem to be getting better in quality....

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPMX0&P=ML
the rooster is rated for 12t, but i belive it was re-released so you may have the older version and idk what thats rated for...

the lug

Old 11-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Evader-Revo master

I think that my evader diff balls was broken because not use the diff ball grease. My brother evader diff have a noise like is dry without grease.

IN this week comes my new evader parts, the conversion and a few other parts!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 08:50 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: Evader-Revo master

I think that my evader diff balls was broken because not use the diff ball grease. My brother evader diff have a noise like is dry without grease.

IN this week comes my new evader parts, the conversion and a few other parts!!!
just read my signature, a few others and i discovered the B2 conversion. im the guy pushing the hell out of it.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Evader-Revo master

yea yea I alredy read your signature, that conversion I bough only waiting for the shipping.
Thanks for the discovery

the mamba brushless is more fast than Novak 5.5R?
Old 11-05-2008, 09:16 AM
rclugnut10

yea yea I alredy read your signature, that conversion I bough only waiting for the shipping.
Thanks for the discovery

the mamba brushless is more fast than Novak 5.5R?
which brushless combo the 5.5t is a 7400 kv (thank you www.teamnovak.com) and castle has a 7700 kv motor, but the novak 4.5 is 9400kv and the 3.5 is 105000kv i'ld get the 5.5 the speed differeance isn't much and you get sensored tech...

the lug
Old 11-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Evader-Revo master

oh, where in teamnovak.com I can find that? I have te 5.5R the only thing that limit me is the battery and the space, I never reach topspeed
Old 11-05-2008, 03:53 PM
rclugnut10

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...spec_chart.htm

heres the link i found it while looking at motor info
its a full spec sheet on all their motors or at least a good # of them

the lug
Old 11-05-2008, 05:44 PM
BEARBYSR

still see you like doing speed runs on the beast of your riverat. you still got me beat on the vader. but my xray at 63 mph is just stupid fast.
I think the best part of the speed run video is the footage of the aftermath of what happens doing that kind of speed when hitting a curb[X(] That is one fast vader riverat. 63mph xray!!! That's pretty impressive cheech.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:05 PM
riverat1540

63 is pretty sweet i got my lipo today and ran it. pretty sweet it fits in the batt tray with the lockdown bar as well. i dont know exactly how fast it is but id say im easily close to 60+. these tires i got are by far the sweetest upgrade ive done as i can actually controll it wide open. and as long as i have enough room to slow down without skidding out no problems. but i have to say it looks pretty funny slideing on the roof for about 100+ feet after flipping over bacwards the first time running the complete setup. glad i got the spectrum and the anttenna is safely underneith the body or would have ground it right off. so as of now im pretty sure i have the fastest evader. i have had the motor up to 160 degrees but it doesnt seem to get any hotter and that was running back and forth wide open about 20+ times so i got my gearing down as well 22 on the pinion and 88 spur.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Evader-Revo master

I want to have the fastest evader in my conutry I think I alredy have it
Old 11-06-2008, 12:19 PM
SacramentoJoe

You guys are insanely fast! You have sooo much power that your Evaders are almost impractical for their intended purpose. I can barely control my truck around our track and when we get more than three of us together, it’s crazy. My neighbor's BX has the Sidewinder and he is definitely the fastest, but I beat him in races with my heavier ST with a Money19t motor more often than he would like. My son still wins races with his CO27 motor.

But when we drive back home along the bike trail, his buggy flies past our cars. Yeah, I want a BL system, but I know I’m having just as much fun without it.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:22 PM
DrewDads

[/quote]the rooster is rated for 12t, but i belive it was re-released so you may have the older version and idk what thats rated for...

the lug[/quote]

I do have the older one. That's the one that I was wondering about. Check out the picture.

I'm thinking about just getting the same Photon motor. It's a 20T and I think with the right gearing, that should be good for the stock rookie class. I don't need to make mine a speed demon, I just need it to pull out of the turns and get upto speed quick. If it's too fast, I'll just end up smashing it into a wall or something.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29368.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1066625  
Old 11-06-2008, 01:01 PM
rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: DrewDads
the rooster is rated for 12t, but i belive it was re-released so you may have the older version and idk what thats rated for...

the lug[/quote]

I do have the older one. That's the one that I was wondering about. Check out the picture.

I'm thinking about just getting the same Photon motor. It's a 20T and I think with the right gearing, that should be good for the stock rookie class. I don't need to make mine a speed demon, I just need it to pull out of the turns and get upto speed quick. If it's too fast, I'll just end up smashing it into a wall or something.

[/quote]

don't worry about speed you'll get used to it and just learn to get off the gas/not ride it at WOT all the time, my advice is to get a better motor, but not nessasarlly a 12t and max out your ESC, i know a few people like the trinity 27t... i think something like the venom fireball 19t is a good motor for you
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHUJ1&P=7
thats the fireball
idk the exact motor other people on here are useing, i have the 19 fireball before it got an updated endbell and it's been a solid motor for me, i like the speed and power mix i've never driven the proton but i'm betting that the 19 is a better motor, and only a buck more and it's instock

the lug
Old 11-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Evader-Revo master

My evader b2 conersion kit arrive yesterday. I need a part that comes in another package from tower hobbies, the diff is like the evader diff only that is more beefy, is like the metal rings touch the plastic because the diff balls appear tiny but noth the metal rings not touch the plastic. the diff grease is very diferent that the grease that i use.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:41 PM
rclugnut10

My evader b2 conersion kit arrive yesterday. I need a part that comes in another package from tower hobbies, the diff is like the evader diff only that is more beefy, is like the metal rings touch the plastic because the diff balls appear tiny but noth the metal rings not touch the plastic. the diff grease is very diferent that the grease that i use.
yeah you don't want the rings rubbing on the plastic that'll thin out your gear and cuase bad things to happen... and the grease is very different and makes a big difference...

the lug
Old 11-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Evader-Revo master

and for what is the more beffy diff? I think thatr is for the balls holes in the diff to be more stronger. another thing, who have the arrow RC evader metal diff? the evader metal diff is the best upgrade to the tranny or with the b2 diff is enough?
Old 11-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Evader-Revo master

the trust balls need diff grease?
Old 11-06-2008, 06:22 PM
rclugnut10

and for what is the more beffy diff? I think thatr is for the balls holes in the diff to be more stronger. another thing, who have the arrow RC evader metal diff? the evader metal diff is the best upgrade to the tranny or with the b2 diff is enough?
so far the B2's proved its self to me but if you're worried get the arrow rc diff... but i'm betting the plastic can handle the power and the metal may be over kill but who knows i may eat my words soon enough....
yeah use some black grease on the thrust balls

the lug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.