Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 05:40 PM
jedisolo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

The tires are 2.2 inch's tall. They are a little taller than the stock ones.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:45 PM
raz54

ORIGINAL: discgolfer72

yeaa itsa the diff gear cameras outside or id take a pic real quick you know me i like speed
the center of the diff gear is complety unattached where the little dif balls go its sposed to have several holes for thoes balls whell now its just a big hole all the way around

It sounds like the diff wasn't adjusted right to wear out the middle.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:47 PM
cheech4

im still curious how fast my new set up will be on the evader with the revolution double 13t from team orion. does anybody think i will gain anything like 5ph maybe 10mph.....?
Old 04-13-2006, 05:52 PM
raz54

ORIGINAL: cheech4

im still curious how fast my new set up will be on the evader with the revolution double 13t from team orion. does anybody think i will gain anything like 5ph maybe 10mph.....?

I'm guessing about 7-8 mph if you had the photon motor and about 6-7 over the havok motor with run times about 1/2 of what they were.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:56 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: raz54

I'm guessing about 7-8 mph if you had the photon motor and about 6-7 over the havok motor with run times about 1/2 of what they were.

i guess its time to buy more batteries,,, lol
Old 04-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Crash7772

Jedisolo
Actually the 2.2 is the inside diameter......I would need the overall height of the tire.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Crash7772

ORIGINAL: jedisolo

Well stock tires are about 3.8" tall and 20/88 is the ideal gear so figure the new ones are 4". I would use a 18/88 gear for starters.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:39 PM
jedisolo

Crash7772,
they are about 3.5 inches.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Crash7772

Crash7772,
they are about 3.5 inches.
If your tires are 3.5" tall then I would use a 22/88 set up on the Evader. If the motor gets a little hotter then usual then drop to a 21/88, if it runs super cool try a 23/88. I'm running a 3.2" street tire with a Trinity D5 9t single, Novak 410-M1C, Venom 3000 nimh 6cell, and 24/88 gearing and the motor doesn't even really get warm.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:51 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: Crash7772

Well stock tires are about 3.8" tall and 20/88 is the ideal gear so figure the new ones are 4". I would use a 18/88 gear for starters.

if the tire is bigger wouldnt you go with a higher tooth pinion, more teeth = more acceleration, a bigger tire needs more time for it to make a complete rotation, so if the tires are a little bigger then u would need more teeth to accelerate faster. i would think so..
Old 04-13-2006, 06:53 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: Crash7772

if the tire is bigger wouldnt you go with a higher tooth pinion, more teeth = more acceleration, a bigger tire needs more time for it to make a complete rotation, so if the tires are a little bigger then u would need more teeth to accelerate faster. i would think so..

you answered my question already, lol
Old 04-13-2006, 06:59 PM
cheech4

ok currently im runny the stock havok motor on the evader pro... when i run it it runs hot, but after a while of run time. is that normal?. where do i check the motor to see if its hot or not the can or the endbell. its the endbell that gets hot the can is cooler. also when i get the new motor should i get a new pinion also, like i said before in a prior post, i installed a robinson spur 87 tooth. along with the alloy idler.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:49 PM
cheech4

does anybody know if the duratrax maximum mt diff gear would feet in the evader. anybody know the pitch ratio on it.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:07 PM
raz54

You should be able to hold your fingers against the motor for at least 5 seconds, if it's too hot for that it's too hot. Most motors will get pretty warm but if it is getting too hot you need to put on a smaller pinion.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Crash7772

You should be able to hold your fingers against the motor for at least 5 seconds, if it's too hot for that it's too hot. Most motors will get pretty warm but if it is getting too hot you need to put on a smaller pinion.
Just as a example I can hold my finger all night long on my D5 with my set up listed above. It does not run hot at all. One thing to keep in mind (I have stated 100 times) you must keep your motor maintained.

This is what I use.....

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFWJ4&P=ML
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJY51&P=7 (this is a different series but I use Trinity)
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUE64&P=ML (similar)
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJY55&P=ML

Check out RCBOYS on ebay for some of the listed above or next time you order from Tower add these if you don't have them. Clean your motor every 10-20 runs on average, keep in mind more often is better. I usually clean it every 5-10 runs personally. Proper motor care will keep/increase power and produce longer run times. As stated the ideal gearing for the stock tires is 20/88. Taller tires will require a smaller pinion. Smaller tires as I run require a larger pinion. The stock gearing on the Pro's is to low IMO (under gearing can be just as bad as over gearing). When thinking about gearing just think of a pedal bike. The biggest sprocket on the crank and smallest on the wheel create the most speed. The crank=the motor and the wheel=the spur.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:17 PM
raz54

The stock gearing on the Pro's is to low IMO (under gearing can be just as bad as over gearing). When thinking about gearing just think of a pedal bike. The biggest sprocket on the crank and smallest on the wheel create the most speed. The crank=the motor and the wheel=the spur.
[/quote]

I always thought it was under geard too. I run a 15 tooth in the sand but go up to a 17t on pavement and the motor doesn't even get warm both with taller than stock tires.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:41 PM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: discgolfer72

yeaa itsa the diff gear cameras outside or id take a pic real quick you know me i like speed
the center of the diff gear is complety unattached where the little dif balls go its sposed to have several holes for thoes balls whell now its just a big hole all the way around

It sounds like the diff wasn't adjusted right to wear out the middle.

not really the middle it burnt out where the dif balls go its like they ate away the plastic in a perfect circle all the way around the diff gear it was setup right its just from using my 9/11 turn it has happend to my rc10t to the 9/11 turn will actually melt the clutch balls into a spur gear the mostly the 11 turn for some reason
its faster than the 9 turn and seems to have as much torque as my 27 turn green machine (its a reedy ultra and where i bought it said it was a mr.t's modfied)

that s the first that melted like this other two had the teeth burnt off but one was stock and second one was replaced by hobby store (stress tech waranty)
Old 04-14-2006, 12:16 AM
duneslider

What happened to your diff gear this last time is a result of it slipping. When it slips things heat up and those little balls get hot and slice through everything. That's how you ended up with two pieces. That indicates one of two things or both, too much power or the diff not tight enough.

The metal diff gears are tough to find right now. Try using a nylon diff gear for the B2, they are more durable and if you tighten it down good it might help. Are you using carbide balls, they should be better too.

Duneslider
Old 04-14-2006, 12:32 AM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks i had it pretty tight so im guesing its power didnt start haveing this problem till i ran that 11 turn reedy ultra and now its 2 cars with the same problem from the same motor. i was wondering if the associated ones would work my rc10 t diff gear looked the same but the evader one looked a little bigger

is the ass part number for that gear 6580 and the metal gear what is it for is it made for the evader or is it another car
no not running the carbide balls but if they really run that much cooler i will def be getting a set
Old 04-14-2006, 05:04 PM
philp37

Bad news. The prebuilt version of the Evader Pro ST has been discontinued. There goes RC's best value. The good news is the second best value in RC is still available for now. The Evader pro RTR.

More good news for readers of this thread. I have been reading and contributing to evader forums for the last 4 years. This is the most active thread available on the evader right now. Its contributors are knowledgeable and helpful. If you are an evader fan or thinking of getting one; this is the best place to post right now. If you are a chronic evader forum reader and want more, pm me for links to more good evader forums.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:16 PM
duneslider

Anyone know which of the tabs on the stock photon speed motor is the positive and which the neg. I removed mine so fast I don't know which is which. I am going to use it in another project and need to know. It might not even matter on this motor. I don't know though.

Duneslider
Old 04-14-2006, 05:45 PM
Crash7772

ORIGINAL: duneslider

Anyone know which of the tabs on the stock photon speed motor is the positive and which the neg. I removed mine so fast I don't know which is which. I am going to use it in another project and need to know. It might not even matter on this motor. I don't know though.

Duneslider
Hook it up to a battery with a couple wires (don't let them touch).....it should pull more rpms with the positive power going to the positive post.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:08 PM
EVADERCHAOS

ORIGINAL: philp37

Bad news. The prebuilt version of the Evader Pro ST has been discontinued. There goes RC's best value. The good news is the second best value in RC is still available for now. The Evader pro RTR.

More good news for readers of this thread. I have been reading and contributing to evader forums for the last 4 years. This is the most active thread available on the evader right now. Its contributors are knowledgeable and helpful. If you are an evader fan or thinking of getting one; this is the best place to post right now. If you are a chronic evader forum reader and want more, pm me for links to more good evader forums.
Been posted before. Sad to see the kit go.

Glad to see how this thread has blossomed though. And I'm proud to have started it.[8D]
Old 04-14-2006, 10:08 PM
jubal117

I looked through a bunch of pages, but I couldn't find the answer to my question. I just wanted to know what the gear ratio of the tranny is. Sorry if this has been answered before. I want to try and get the correct final drive ratio on my Evaders. I have eight of them, four trucks and four buggies, and I seem to go through a lot of motors. Right now I'm running two P2k2's, two Revenge of the Monster's, two 13t havoks, and two Chameleon's.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:17 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: jubal117

I looked through a bunch of pages, but I couldn't find the answer to my question. I just wanted to know what the gear ratio of the tranny is. Sorry if this has been answered before. I want to try and get the correct final drive ratio on my Evaders. I have eight of them, four trucks and four buggies, and I seem to go through a lot of motors. Right now I'm running two P2k2's, two Revenge of the Monster's, two 13t havoks, and two Chameleon's.

man you really love them evaders dont ya, lol... do you have each one specifically set up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.