Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 02:20 PM
SoldierCowboy94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

ok ill check it out and also when i get back ill check to see what my LHS has
Old 02-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Matt_Gruizinga
My Feedback: (1)

ok, so get this.

i was at home and it says that it is on page 680 somethin but at my moms work it still says 546?
definatly something wierd going on

i finally blew my diff but there isn't anything wrong with it. i just need a new nut to hole the gear together. i got it to tight and i stripped out the nut so it can't tighten at all. it's actually sad because it takes about 20ft for the gear to stop spinning and actually put some power down. it is the worst thing ever
Old 02-24-2009, 04:32 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: Matt_Gruizinga

ok, so get this.

i was at home and it says that it is on page 680 somethin but at my moms work it still says 546?
definatly something wierd going on

i finally blew my diff but there isn't anything wrong with it. i just need a new nut to hole the gear together. i got it to tight and i stripped out the nut so it can't tighten at all. it's actually sad because it takes about 20ft for the gear to stop spinning and actually put some power down. it is the worst thing ever
OUCH !!!!!! [:@]
Old 02-24-2009, 05:17 PM
monsterbombs

question, is anyone else having problems with tyres exploding? ripping off the rims? i have dirt hawg tyres there great
but i cant keep em on the rims.lol. i have CA glue, fast drying stuff that makes a mess and is brittle. ive got a tube of blu maxx
silicone, anyone use silicone? other suggestions? its the bx with the 7700 on lipo [>:]
Old 02-24-2009, 07:17 PM
evader8

i have never had dat problem but i have never run such a big package on my vader
Old 02-24-2009, 08:06 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: evaderholic

question, is anyone else having problems with tyres exploding? ripping off the rims? i have dirt hawg tyres there great
but i cant keep em on the rims.lol. i have CA glue, fast drying stuff that makes a mess and is brittle. ive got a tube of blu maxx
silicone, anyone use silicone? other suggestions? its the bx with the 7700 on lipo [>:]
i have heard people use silicon so i would give it a shot. i like to use the duratrax tire glue and losi tire glue both are very strong and dont get brittle on you. and try to get the slower setting tire glue not the super fast one. the super fast setting glues are thin and thats why there brittle, the slower or medium setting glues are thicker and wont go brittle, to my experience at least.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Matt_Gruizinga

back at my house now and it is still saying 546....... this is very interesting. this morning when i was on getting ready for school it was at 680 something and know it is back to normal
Old 02-24-2009, 11:21 PM
ScottStaypuff

Is anybody using a 3s lipo in their Evader? How does it fit? I'm considering the Zippy Flightmax 5000mah.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:56 AM
sam rojas
My Feedback: (3)

Got the Yokohama HPI tires today. Look sweet, but a bit worried that the side walls are really soft. Seem more crawler than multi-purpose. We'll see how they do on street and grass. Got a half run in - didn't have em glued, so wasn't goin full out, but they seemed good traction on grass.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:18 AM
monsterbombs

ORIGINAL: ScottStaypuff

Is anybody using a 3s lipo in their Evader? How does it fit? I'm considering the Zippy Flightmax 5000mah.
well i run a 2s lipo and it is disgusting. sorry, i mean stupid fast. really stupid fast...... i have a 4600 2s and i get about 10-15 mins of jaw dropping insanity.
before cutoff. i was thinking more "mah" like 8000 or 10000mah for runtime, but that 2s is more than enough power imo. depends on what your setup is i guess.
i use to make like 10 and 12 cells to test the mamba but lipo just has it. even with 7.4v-different power.
i read someone wanted to lower there suspension. pull the shocks apart,pull the e clips and the plunger off,cut some fuel line (nitro fuel line) to length
and feed over the shaft,i can take pics if anyone is interested.

scottstaypuff, what is your setup? what batteries are you running?
Old 02-25-2009, 09:59 AM
nitrozach54
Banned

lil bit o' carnage.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:03 AM
nitrozach54
Banned

you cant really tell from that pic, but the chassis plate broke.
It was my first run with BL
Old 02-25-2009, 01:05 PM
ScottStaypuff

well i run a 2s lipo and it is disgusting. sorry, i mean stupid fast. really stupid fast...... i have a 4600 2s and i get about 10-15 mins of jaw dropping insanity.
before cutoff. i was thinking more "mah" like 8000 or 10000mah for runtime, but that 2s is more than enough power imo. depends on what your setup is i guess.
i use to make like 10 and 12 cells to test the mamba but lipo just has it. even with 7.4v-different power.
i read someone wanted to lower there suspension. pull the shocks apart,pull the e clips and the plunger off,cut some fuel line (nitro fuel line) to length
and feed over the shaft,i can take pics if anyone is interested.

scottstaypuff, what is your setup? what batteries are you running?

I have an Evader ST with Sidewinder 5700k currently have some decent 6 and 7 cell stick packs but have an SMC lipo on the way 7.4v, 4100mah, 24c. I stuck a T4 tranny into it to handle the power.

I also have a Evader BX Pro I'm restoring and adding an E-Firestorm tranny to. I have a VXL motor and need a speed control (will get eith Sidewinder or EZrun 60amp). I was going to get a 3s lipo for the buggy but maybe I'll hold off. How many 70mph glory runs do people actually make? The coolness would probably wear out quick and I'd want it back to a somewhat controllable ~40mph.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Matt_Gruizinga

first off Hi to every one. ive read this whole thing from beggining to here,this is my first post. i have 2 nitro evaders an St and a BX. The ST is
now electric (saw that pop up once or twice) and the bx for parts really.i have another bx running a 7700mamba full stock.and a "road prepped"
ext. lowered the suspension by putting spacers insinde the stock shocks,and a 6900kv mamba. i didnt have the internet when i got my 1st evader and brushless
was new. i bought the car for like $180aus and the motor combo for $400 the only box in the lhs.the guys thought i was mad.long story short
i worked out the cobwebs and picked up knowledge as i went. this is a great source of info and if i only found it earlier.i would love to help anyway i can
sorry for the long post.....on batteries i use a kong pow 4600 2s, it really hauls. peas out.
cheers to you for reading the whole thing!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:14 PM
nitrozach54
Banned

I'm too lazy to use the search, much less READ 547 PAGES!
congrats
Old 02-25-2009, 05:54 PM
BEARBYSR

The topic of the HPI tires came up a few pages back, here is a pic of my nitro vader with them(and HPI rims), they have worked well for me on most terrains
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27045.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1144781  
Old 02-25-2009, 06:18 PM
SacramentoJoe

Hey lugnut, you gotta change your signature. The B2 diff is now on page 476. It is still post #9501, but the page changed. Don't know why.
Now its back on page 381, so never mind, kinda weird though.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:06 PM
djnsayne
My Feedback: (2)

When u check the thread from another computer you have to log into RCU or the page count will be off
Old 02-26-2009, 03:08 AM
monsterbombs

yeh as for reading the whole thing, my radiator workshop closed in september leaving me with plenty of time.dunno about the U.S but this economic
downturn stuff is getting alot of people sacked here,so everyone is job hunting,making it hard to find work. is anyone running big power
through the stock trannie? When people say "handle the power" what exaclty are you expecting from the car? im not having a go,
but recently they stopped selling st and bx evaders here just before christmas,and every hobbie shop i rang only had exb's
and ext's-dirt cheap.i ended up finding one (a bx) paid an arm and a leg for it but it was worth it.chucked in my 7700 and lipo
[sm=eek.gif] i dont baby it either. but hitting full throttle on this thing from a start, let alone rolling start, is just dumb.
i keep everything tight and use throttle control.the st and bx gearbox are identical, allowing for the bx to take more punishment
withing reason, over the st because of the smaller tire diametre.If it is adjusted correctly and you dont get silly,
doin doughnuts on pavement and watnot should be ok. i obviously just have a problem with speed,ur right my
car is so fast its almost not fun lol. i only use it in really open spaces.if i had a descent camera i might be able 2
get footage of my buggie flogging a 3.3 jato.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:28 AM
nitrozach54
Banned

Evader ST Pro, coming in the mail!

Old 02-26-2009, 04:42 PM
evader8

now where di u find an evader pro!![&o]
Old 02-26-2009, 04:51 PM
nitrozach54
Banned

EBAY FTW!
Its lightly used, but I don't mind. I saw a NIB BX PRO on ebay too... thats a rare find.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:23 PM
rclugnut10

NICE SCORE ON THE PRO DUDE!!! we soo gotta race sears lane this summer,

well i'm back from florida fyi...

okay on the rims comeing unglued if you have crome rims you're in for a headache the chrome will just flake off with the glue just keep reglueing after every run or so you'll peal all the chrome off at some point

as for "handleing the power" mine busted running in my driveway, sidewinder 4600 6 cell less than 1 min of running, melted out diff gear, that was my fault then got B2 but had to wait for idler, so was running plastic idler was putting some heavy abuse on it, i mean like WOT spin it out so it does a 180, then WOT again crazy fun to do and all with this kinda power but 1 min or so later... i was free rev'in... so far with B2 and Al idler, its held up VERY well and has been put thru some heavy tranny abuse and no problems...

as for the screwy pages i RCU is goin' thru some updates, and such so to be expected...

the lug
Old 02-27-2009, 06:21 PM
monsterbombs

its good to know that people understand the stock gearbox isnt as weak as many claim. i have a b2 gear on the shelf
with some carbide balls, but i am yet to melt my diff gear.i do pull it apart every 8-10 runs to re-grease it tho.
i have a queston with the b2 rings-i didnt get any, i was wondering if the nitro st rings would work? same
outdrive size and a bigger diameter to hold the balls?anyone done this?and yeh my rims are chrome,
i hate chrome, i painted them white,my lhs loves chrome or something its all they have [:'(]

just a little note on grease;i picked up watever they had at the lhs (tamiya anti-wear grease)
anyone use this?i do, its brilliant,a little thick but works great!
Old 02-27-2009, 08:08 PM
rclugnut10

ahh yeah, you could try running a file along the bead to scrape off the chome...
and like i said the gear diff was me, i put the wrong crap in it, trinity royal oil on the diff balls, and i was running it WAY too loose, so its no wonder i burned it, the idler was just strait up couldn't handle the power tho,
for grease on the diff balls (steel, too cheap for carbide) i use AE silicone ball diff grease, and on the thrust bearing and on the accual gears (in a smally quantity) i use AE black grease or regular mechanics grease that you'd use on your car, or other stuff that rolls...

the nitro evader ring sounds great i'm definetally gunna put those on my wish list, because the B2 rings have a little play in them and the evaders aren't big enuf so the nitro evaders should be great,

the lug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.