Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 06:57 PM
nitrozach54
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

WOW! tower is selling Evader St's for only $100!
Unbelievable!
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXXJ49**&P=ML
Old 03-07-2009, 07:02 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: nitrozach54

WOW! tower is selling Evader St's for only $100!
Unbelievable!
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXXJ49**&P=ML
wow.... that is like dirt CHEAP, i wonder if they're discontinuing them... i dought it.... i saw EXT's going for 80 the other day, on some other site....

the lug
Old 03-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Redvanmafia

they look nice guys, but theres a reason this thread has 500+ pages everybody who buys one has somekind of problem, ive contributed to this thread many of times with evader diff problems, brittle/broken cheap parts, cant bash it, a-arms snap like twigs if you dont have aluminum parts witch are pricey/heavy. im still mad at my self for buying one[:@]
Old 03-07-2009, 08:19 PM
nitrozach54
Banned

ORIGINAL: Redvanmafia

they look nice guys, but theres a reason this thread has 500+ pages everybody who buys one has somekind of problem, ive contributed to this thread many of times with evader diff problems, brittle/broken cheap parts, cant bash it, a-arms snap like twigs if you dont have aluminum parts witch are pricey/heavy. im still mad at my self for buying one[:@]
ok?
Old 03-07-2009, 08:29 PM
monsterbombs

if you smash into things stuff will break, its as simple as that. i have one of the most powerful setups on here and have yet to do
a diff rebuild. its dissapointing people put the evaders down because they break, usually because of driver error and poor
adjustments. because these trucks are cheap people tend to buy them to "bash". people with more experience and expensive trucks
know things will break if you get stupid, so they dont thrash them as much.

i had troubles with my first evader:diff ,idler u name it. but it was my inexperience that broke it,not the cheap parts. for the
price its a great truck.if you want to smash into things maybe traxxas might be the go. my mate has a vxl bandit and he
just doesnt care about it.really beats on it stupidly and it still goes.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Ziggmiester

ha...something tells me you're not going to get far coming into this thread and talking trash about the car this thread is dedicated to. Just a tip. It's too bad you didn't have good luck with yours, but at least half of this thread is probably repeated info for newcomers which we always welcome and some of us just randomly update. I have bashed mine pretty good(I have a Savage...I know what bashing is! ) and it doesn't actually break too much as long as your keep it reasonable. Maybe you should give yours another shot. The diff needs to to be fixed because when these came out, brushless power wasn't where it is today, plus it's a cheaper car so more people can buy it. If they get it ready for brushless, it costs more for the consumer. I don't know what other cars you prefer to run, but evader keeps pace with all but one of my R/Cs nowadays.

In other news guys...been a bit since I posted. I am now back in NY and no longer can run my cars for a bit. It has actually been decent for the past couple of days...but its going right back down in temp.... Nonetheless, I just new shocks for my vader. I'm very interested to see how they do...after I get a few runs on them I will let you know what I think.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:39 PM
rclugnut10

yeah i too am a savage blasher, but no way i'd put my evader through what my savage takes, but its not far behind, i've never had any unreasonable breakages with my evader, okay stock servo that shoulda lasted a bit longer, but other than that, the rest was me not taking good enough care of it, or setting something up wrong or just strait up abuse, and you gotta accept that these are ONLY 1/10's so they're not gunna take near a savage can, or a t-maxx for that matter

the lug
Old 03-07-2009, 10:09 PM
SacramentoJoe

they look nice guys, but theres a reason this thread has 500+ pages everybody who buys one has somekind of problem, ive contributed to this thread many of times with evader diff problems, brittle/broken cheap parts, cant bash it, a-arms snap like twigs if you dont have aluminum parts witch are pricey/heavy.
I have never owned any other cars so I am not the most experienced, but when we get together with friends with other brands (including the traxxas slash) they break more often than we do. We run three Evaders, which includes a brushless BX and a brushless ST, both with stock diffs. We went through 12 batteries today (4 each) with plenty of cart-wheeling crashes and nothing broke. These days, we are wearing out more parts than breaking them. We were even bashing across grouted rip-rap and trying to climb super steep slopes where we would roll over backward because it was too steep.

I am sure we would be having fun with whatever we bought, but I have no regrets about the Vaders. Some people (I mean some LHS) here in my area give us no respect, but with this thread we have had awesome support. The T.E.C. and our Evaders ROCK!
Old 03-07-2009, 10:13 PM
SacramentoJoe

im still mad at my self for buying one
If it will make you feel better, you can just give your Evader to me and we'll pretend you never bought one.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Redvanmafia

theres nothing else to do right now, so i might as well talk about my horrible evader expeirence in T.E.C, mine looked awesome but looks are deciving what do you guys call bashing?, i lost all faith in duratrax and evaders, just so cheap every run there was a nother cracked part screws backing out, GLUE doesnt help when you need to unscrew the tranny every other day. i came into this hobby with an evader, left for 2yrs came back with a stampede and man, i never knew what running an rc for weeks at a time without problems felt like!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:03 PM
monsterbombs

the T.E.C is like a cross between a support team and a family. alot of hobby shops in my area dont even sell duratrax anymore
because there sick of replacing parts on trashed trucks that get hammered. i have a nitro st i bought from a guy at the hobby
shop. it was brought in with broken front shock tower, melted diff and the piston was chaffed badly. first run on the truck
the bloke reckons.didnt even break it in.

ive got more advice and helpful hints from here than i ever got from the lhs. go the vaders. u guys rock
Old 03-07-2009, 11:10 PM
monsterbombs

ok. what do you call bashing? are we talking running around the yard? jumps? tall grass? the term bashing gets thrown around,but what terrain
are you actually driving on? what do you want the truck to do? what motor were u running?
Old 03-07-2009, 11:29 PM
SacramentoJoe

ok. what do you call bashing?
For us...We drive around our little track at wide open throttle and crash into each other and pretend we're racing!

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/galleryItem.cfm?itemID=153938&dummy=8629.271212728128&opener=/community/profile.cfm%3Fsection%3Dgallery%26memid%3D401473]one of our little jumps[/link]

My 10 year old son never lets-off the trigger. His buggy is always doing donuts or going of the jumps backwards or something else ridiculous.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:38 PM
FairTax4me

I learned pretty quick that I cant beat on my Evader as much as my other trucks. But I'm not gonna call it a bad truck because of that. It handles great at any speed, and it lands jumps better than any other truck I own. I think its a fun truck overall, but it just has its limits, and as long as you realize that and stay within those limits, you shouldn't get any trouble out of it.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:08 AM
sam rojas
My Feedback: (3)

Yeah, the vader might bust an a-arm if you catch a sprinkler or wanker a shock tower if you drop it off a 4 foot picnic table at 20 mph, but at least it only costs $5 to put it back together. Try bashing with a vintage Tamiya - every damn part is $20, used! Only problems I have with my two vaders is cause I've got cheap electronics (not willing to spend $100+ on the radio and transmitter) and batteries/charger (willing to go with someone's cast-offs adn some basic $40 chargers) lol. other than that, running 19T motors with XL-5 ESC's has been plenty of fun and great learning for my kids. And the info on these pages has been invaluable. Hell, I'll go one better than Joe, you don't want yer evader, i'll give ya $20+ shipping just to get rid of ya. Offer up something useful, or piss off.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:37 AM
monsterbombs

nicely put.lol. if your having range/glitching problems,i had an old traxxas reciever and tx. even with brushless, zero glitching and
really good range. dunno if id go buy one tho.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:44 AM
Ziggmiester

theres nothing else to do right now, so i might as well talk about my horrible evader expeirence in T.E.C, mine looked awesome but looks are deciving what do you guys call bashing?, i lost all faith in duratrax and evaders, just so cheap every run there was a nother cracked part screws backing out, GLUE doesnt help when you need to unscrew the tranny every other day. i came into this hobby with an evader, left for 2yrs came back with a stampede and man, i never knew what running an rc for weeks at a time without problems felt like!
The bold statement highlights where you lost all validity, but I gotta say if you are running a Stampede and it's not breaking, you're not bashing my friend. Bashing to me is when a few times every batt.(or tank) you cringe 'cause you just know ya broke something...you even drive the car back to you real slow just in case...that's what bashing is. To me...bashing is when you look at the amount of air your truck just got...and you're confident that falling from that distance would break one of your legs...that's bashing.

Now...The Evader was NEVER meant to be a "basher". Or even pretend it was one. Duratraxx took the XXX-T and took a few ideas of that and made it a budget car out of it for people to get into the hobby. It clearly worked for you, because if the Evader wasn't available, you might not have ever gotten in the hobby because it would have been too expensive. Instead, here you are cruising around in the Pede. Oh..btw, the XXX-T, and XXX-NT don't bash either. They are race trucks. That is what an ST primary purpose is: to race. So, we can keep going on back and forth about how you think the evader sucks, but mine doesn't. Mine is a great truck that I have put literally hundreds of runs on it, and I have yet to replace the diff/tranny on it(I'm running brushless now even!). If you had to pop the tranny open every other day, I think inexperience got in the way as much as the truck did. My evader personally has been through quite a bit of bashing in it's day, and it holds up well.

I assumed you would know what a Savage is..haha...do some searches on that truck and you'll find out my concept on bashing even more man! I drive my Savage and my bro drives his LST, and we have done some crazy jumps with those trucks(while I respect the fact that a lot of people love their Stampedes...but if you attempted half of the things that we did with our MTs...your Stampede would break in half, as would my Evader) My scope of bashing is greatly altered depending on the truck I'm driving. If I'm driving an ST...common sense should tell me and everyone else that running into random crap at top speed or jumping the house will probably break things. That's why I personally drive my Evader with the intent not to hit anything except for the ramp...maybe your priorities were different.

I'm glad you like your Stampede so much though! Here's to everyone enjoying their own vehicles in whatever way they want. Have a good one man. And always remember...no hard feelings
-Ziggy
Old 03-08-2009, 03:15 AM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: Ziggmiester

The bold statement highlights where you lost all validity, but I gotta say if you are running a Stampede and it's not breaking, you're not bashing my friend. Bashing to me is when a few times every batt.(or tank) you cringe 'cause you just know ya broke something...you even drive the car back to you real slow just in case...that's what bashing is. To me...bashing is when you look at the amount of air your truck just got...and you're confident that falling from that distance would break one of your legs...that's bashing.

Now...The Evader was NEVER meant to be a "basher". Or even pretend it was one. Duratraxx took the XXX-T and took a few ideas of that and made it a budget car out of it for people to get into the hobby. It clearly worked for you, because if the Evader wasn't available, you might not have ever gotten in the hobby because it would have been too expensive. Instead, here you are cruising around in the Pede. Oh..btw, the XXX-T, and XXX-NT don't bash either. They are race trucks. That is what an ST primary purpose is: to race. So, we can keep going on back and forth about how you think the evader sucks, but mine doesn't. Mine is a great truck that I have put literally hundreds of runs on it, and I have yet to replace the diff/tranny on it(I'm running brushless now even!). If you had to pop the tranny open every other day, I think inexperience got in the way as much as the truck did. My evader personally has been through quite a bit of bashing in it's day, and it holds up well.

I assumed you would know what a Savage is..haha...do some searches on that truck and you'll find out my concept on bashing even more man! I drive my Savage and my bro drives his LST, and we have done some crazy jumps with those trucks(while I respect the fact that a lot of people love their Stampedes...but if you attempted half of the things that we did with our MTs...your Stampede would break in half, as would my Evader) My scope of bashing is greatly altered depending on the truck I'm driving. If I'm driving an ST...common sense should tell me and everyone else that running into random crap at top speed or jumping the house will probably break things. That's why I personally drive my Evader with the intent not to hit anything except for the ramp...maybe your priorities were different.

I'm glad you like your Stampede so much though! Here's to everyone enjoying their own vehicles in whatever way they want. Have a good one man. And always remember...no hard feelings
-Ziggy

does someone want a woopen???? dont come to the TEC and bash the evader please... the evader was NEVER meant to be a BASHER truck as Zigster says. its is what is AN ST which stands for stadium truck ( AKA ) racing truck, great handing truck IMO. NOW becasue it is a budget truck almost everyone who has an evader bashes with it. if the evader was priced at the same level as AE and LOSI would ya bash it or take care of it?? dont even answer i know it already. I have both a losi XXXT MF2 and the evader ST Pro and my evader handling just as well as the losi and i bash the hell out of it with a 45 mph brushless and LIPO.

P.S whats up ZIGG
Old 03-08-2009, 03:19 AM
monsterbombs

spot on.when did the xxxt come out? cause i know the evader is based of a late 80's losi.why change a good thing? i think they
have done a great job with these trucks.the st and bx are honestly one of, if not the best "bang for buck" off road rc available.
Adjustable ball diff(wich not many seem to like, lol),ball bearings. just a great truck all round.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:19 AM
monsterbombs

i wondered if u were still around and had your truck cheech. i read the whole thread ur part of the furniture.lol. are you still
running mamba? wich one? oh and hi. sorry for the double post [:@]
Old 03-08-2009, 10:11 AM
nitrozach54
Banned

ORIGINAL: sam rojas

Offer up something useful, or piss off.
+1
Old 03-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Matt_Gruizinga

i'm on my 4th year with my vader and i've probably put over $350 into it. it is my only rc up until I bought a rc18t and i never drive that car. i've replaced 3 spurs (my fault) the piece that holds down the servo (my fault) 3 sets of servo gears (my fault) a servo (it was a 3003, i was surprised it lasted that long) and i'm still on a stock diff. i don't do huge jumps but i can tell you that i've seen my vader go from 25 to 0 more then once and never break a part. the only reason i put so much money into it is the countless esc's, and motors, and tires. i can never decide on what motor and somehow i always mess up my esc. if you have a car for 4 years how much do you expect to put into it?
i've driven traxxas and associated and i think traxxas are o.k. quality but they always have one weak spot that constantly goes bad, associated are good but only for racing. (except the mgt which i would never buy) the thing about traxxas is the purposely sabotage their vehicles. the slash has a whole on the bottom of the gear cover! perfect for rocks to get up into and destroy your gears. lol, it comes stock ready to blow the motor and the way it is so top heavy you can roll it at 1/4 throttle. my duratrax is always ready for whatever i throw at it, and it doesn't care that i've never taken it fully apart and cleaned.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:09 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: evaderholic

i wondered if u were still around and had your truck cheech. i read the whole thread ur part of the furniture.lol. are you still
running mamba? wich one? oh and hi. sorry for the double post [:@]
who me?? im always around i read almost everything you guys post. I am very impressed with the knowledge of the people in the forum newbies helping other newbies vets helping out when they can. as far as me yes i still have my truck i still run the mamba. i put the trucks and cars on hold for 2008 because of a death in the family and i got pretty depressed about it. but come spring time im getting back into it.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:11 PM
geo8498

Update on the new Onyx 220 charger and Velenium Brushless.
Just wow. the charger is great. I've gotten better charges out of my batteries than I ever have.
6 cells is just fine in the power department. This is like breathing new life into my old Evader.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:58 PM
mykull

Just been playing with my Mamba Max ESC's settings.. and wondered what is the best settings that you Evader owners have found to be something to stick with in order to have a great run.. with good batteries, while keeping the 'parts' happy that are in the tranny.... I do have both my truck tranny's built up to handle brushless.. but I'm sure there is a bit of tinkering with the mamba settings... is there not? If your able to maybe give me a few suggestions on certain settings.. or all your settings in the mamba soft ware settings. that would be GREAT. I'm have a street truck version.. with a 5400, and a 4200 as my dirt basher.

thanks - hope that makes sense

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.