Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 04:03 PM
accolyte1022

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

the steel idler for EXT ONLY!!!!!!!! B2 evader ST NOT EXT, maybe i'm just flipping if you get this then great and i'm just the moron but this is getting hard to keep track of, with what upgrade goes where because there is a differance of 1 tooth in the idler and the bearing/bushing sizes on the diff are different for the EXT over the ST, and thats giving issues....

the lug
Just put in the metal nitro evader idler runs great, also WAY faster wit th 17T reedy/7-cell 3800 mah pack. Thanks for all the help guys.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:45 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Evader Owner 19

I would use it on all metal trannys cuz it will slow wear
I would highly reccomend it on rubiks cubes and as a bushing lube and for filling shocks if you dont mind
i can understand why you're looking for a good alternitive for lube, but really a decent lube isn't gunna cost you much
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPTJ1&P=ML that is super high quality stuff and should last you a LONG time, i have some trinity stuff which is now discon't in a 1oz bottle and i use it often and i'm maybe 1/2 thru it, i just can't comend using shock oil something that will get whipped off and whatever does cling to the metal will atract dirt and dust and such, so i ask people to please use the proper lubriants $10-15 per year at most for the right stuff is all you need and it will really help keep your car in top shape

the lug
Old 02-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Evader Owner 19

Im just making uses for shock oil so it doesnt clog drains. And for bushings i found that shock oil or vaseline does the job. soon i will get bearings from ebay. I really want my tamiyas and photon to die so i can upgrade them to deans and a 27 or 19t.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:28 PM
rclugnut10

i throw it away in the trash, well accually i dump it into a small cup then throw that away when i feel like it,

and yes it'll do the job but grease/oil will do the job better and there really is no reason not to run it

the lug
Old 02-27-2010, 11:39 AM
cheech4

hey all guess who is back, lol... so listen im trying to get back into the game again and im looking for some good not overly expensive LIPO packs.. what are some good packs out there, i will greatly appreciate any opinion.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:42 AM
MitsuBeastly

Ebay WinForce 2800mah 30c 2s lipo... great stuff!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 12:28 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: cheech4

hey all guess who is back, lol... so listen im trying to get back into the game again and im looking for some good not overly expensive LIPO packs.. what are some good packs out there, i will greatly appreciate any opinion.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8357

One of the best values in rc. i have 4 of them. 2 with over fifty charges a piece. Never a problem.

Glad your back, Got anymore vids of the mambafied evader ?
Old 02-27-2010, 12:43 PM
cheech4

nah no new vids sorry. will work on some more once i get the batteries... the silvader is still going strong have it for 4 years and let me tell ya one of the best investments i have ever made. thanks for the links and opinion those Zippys do look good.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:22 PM
rclugnut10

i'm surprised MC did throw this out there but www.hobbypartz.com has some good lipos for similar prices and $5 shipping usa based

the lug
Old 02-27-2010, 03:47 PM
mc4798

i'm surprised MC did throw this out there but www.hobbypartz.com has some good lipos for similar prices and $5 shipping usa based

the lug

They have been good so far. Just dont have that many runs on them yet. That and hobbyparts has been out of stock for a month
Old 02-27-2010, 04:46 PM
rclugnut10

Gen 4 of the evader mod post

The NEW evader tranny upgrade post, the following was coppied from cheech4's orginal post regarding the B2 diff mod

if you get the alloy idler gear from the nitro evader, the only gear to worry about is the diff gear. BUT, to make the tranny stronger and smoother at the same time i'd invest in the RC10 B2 diff gear B2 diff rings a 5X8 size bearing and carbide diff balls. lube the the diff balls with good silicon based lube and the gears i would use ceramic black grease. the carbide diff balls are great cuz there stronger and smoother, but i dont think its really that necessary.

SO, stronger evader tranny:
Cheech4 said
rc10 B2 diff gear
B2 diff rings
nitro evader alloy idler gear ( optional ) but well worth it
5X8 bearing
carbide diff and thrust balls- ( optional ) but good to have
silicon based lube- worth it but ( optional )
ceramic black grease- ( optional )
for those of us interested in getting an aluminum B2 diff gear you can contact Hammad Ghuman (http://www.1hg.com/) at [email protected] and they may be able to hook you up,

i was doing some google-ing and ebay-ing for one of these gears, i found a website that does carry them for $28 per, that was posted by a fellow RCU member in reply to a post I made, (yes i feel really dumb[:'(]) either way, www.f1rc.com has the B2 aluminum idler gear made by Hammad Ghuman Racing just go under parts, for an AE then search (i'd just use ctr+f) for the gear part # 1848 i just entered the # into my search. This is an Australian based website, however they do provide international shipping but it will be extra, and is based on what you're ordering and where you live here's the order form

for the evader EXT/EXB you now also have a mod to beef up the tranny, while you can't replace the diff without replacing the tranny case and bearings/bushings to get the B2 durability you can upgrade the idler gear with
a traxxas steel 30T idler for the VXL series cars (see not below)
2 5X11X4 bearings (most 5x11's are X4's)
in order to run a ball diff you'll need along with a complete ball diff assembly 2 12X15mm ball bearings
i've spent a while looking for some 12X15's and i can't find any if you really want to run a ball diff you're going to need to change the trannies out to an ST version which means you will need the tranny cases i'd just go B2 on it so all the stuff listed above, a new tranny case, motor plate, 4 5X10X4 BB's, 2-12X18X4, left and right outdrives, and new CVD's i recomend the nitro evader ones they're supposed to be stronger and imo they look better and i have yet to have an issue with them and ppl have had to shink wrap the ST ones to prevent pins from droping you need these because the EXT ones are smaller than the ST versions, and a new lower tranny plate (the thing that hold the A arms in place, the ST tranny is too wide on the bottom you may be able to mod the EXT plate i will look into this more in the near future, but for now the ST plate is the way to go

another thing i would STONGLY recomend a change to bearings because of the amount of power BL motors put out that well be ALOT of friction on those bushings which will A kill speed, B cause some MAJOR heat issues and those are NEVER good, meaning you can expect weakened gears and tranny case
also be sure to check out kwits post right under this one has a bit more info

note regarding the 30t traxxas gear -> http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9049101
note#2 regadering the same thing http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8726925 another account of using the gear
i will also note that there is an aluminum version of this same gear for about 5X the price from tower that may fit better/require less work to install...

I previously mentioned that nitro evader rings may work, they will not due to the placement of the ball holes on the nitro diff gear they are the same distance from the center as the electric versions the gear is just bigger,

since this is now the evader mod post instead of just regarding tranny upgrads i'm gunna start adding pics and more stuff...

Jato front wheels do fit the front axels giving us more wheel options and the ability to run 30's aka 2.8's up front and you can get the 12mm hex from a rustler to run them out back,

i gotta put a shout out to cheech4, kwit, mc4798, and all the other people who have added their time, money, and knowlage into this mod

the lug
Old 02-27-2010, 05:28 PM
cheech4

Gen 4 of the evader mod post

The NEW evader tranny upgrade post, the following was coppied from cheech4's orginal post regarding the B2 diff mod

if you get the alloy idler gear from the nitro evader, the only gear to worry about is the diff gear. BUT, to make the tranny stronger and smoother at the same time i'd invest in the RC10 B2 diff gear B2 diff rings a 5X8 size bearing and carbide diff balls. lube the the diff balls with good silicon based lube and the gears i would use ceramic black grease. the carbide diff balls are great cuz there stronger and smoother, but i dont think its really that necessary.

SO, stronger evader tranny:
Cheech4 said
rc10 B2 diff gear
B2 diff rings
nitro evader alloy idler gear ( optional ) but well worth it
5X8 bearing
carbide diff and thrust balls- ( optional ) but good to have
silicon based lube- worth it but ( optional )
ceramic black grease- ( optional )
for those of us interested in getting an aluminum B2 diff gear you can contact Hammad Ghuman (http://www.1hg.com/) at [email protected] and they may be able to hook you up,

i was doing some google-ing and ebay-ing for one of these gears, i found a website that does carry them for $28 per, that was posted by a fellow RCU member in reply to a post I made, (yes i feel really dumb[:'(]) either way, www.f1rc.com has the B2 aluminum idler gear made by Hammad Ghuman Racing just go under parts, for an AE then search (i'd just use ctr+f) for the gear part # 1848 i just entered the # into my search. This is an Australian based website, however they do provide international shipping but it will be extra, and is based on what you're ordering and where you live here's the order form

for the evader EXT/EXB you now also have a mod to beef up the tranny, while you can't replace the diff without replacing the tranny case and bearings/bushings to get the B2 durability you can upgrade the idler gear with
a traxxas steel 30T idler for the VXL series cars (see not below)
2 5X11X4 bearings (most 5x11's are X4's)
in order to run a ball diff you'll need along with a complete ball diff assembly 2 12X15mm ball bearings
i've spent a while looking for some 12X15's and i can't find any if you really want to run a ball diff you're going to need to change the trannies out to an ST version which means you will need the tranny cases i'd just go B2 on it so all the stuff listed above, a new tranny case, motor plate, 4 5X10X4 BB's, 2-12X18X4, left and right outdrives, and new CVD's i recomend the nitro evader ones they're supposed to be stronger and imo they look better and i have yet to have an issue with them and ppl have had to shink wrap the ST ones to prevent pins from droping you need these because the EXT ones are smaller than the ST versions, and a new lower tranny plate (the thing that hold the A arms in place, the ST tranny is too wide on the bottom you may be able to mod the EXT plate i will look into this more in the near future, but for now the ST plate is the way to go

another thing i would STONGLY recomend a change to bearings because of the amount of power BL motors put out that well be ALOT of friction on those bushings which will A kill speed, B cause some MAJOR heat issues and those are NEVER good, meaning you can expect weakened gears and tranny case
also be sure to check out kwits post right under this one has a bit more info

note regarding the 30t traxxas gear -> http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9049101
note#2 regadering the same thing http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8726925 another account of using the gear
i will also note that there is an aluminum version of this same gear for about 5X the price from tower that may fit better/require less work to install...

I previously mentioned that nitro evader rings may work, they will not due to the placement of the ball holes on the nitro diff gear they are the same distance from the center as the electric versions the gear is just bigger,

since this is now the evader mod post instead of just regarding tranny upgrads i'm gunna start adding pics and more stuff...

Jato front wheels do fit the front axels giving us more wheel options and the ability to run 30's aka 2.8's up front and you can get the 12mm hex from a rustler to run them out back,

i gotta put a shout out to cheech4, kwit, mc4798, and all the other people who have added their time, money, and knowlage into this mod

the lug
nice post, i am still running the same tranny for a good 2 years now, haven't stripped a B2 for a while.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:30 PM
rclugnut10

yeahh i was taking one out every now and then over the summer due to a cracked tranny case, then i took out one this winter from some rusty bearings

the lug
Old 02-27-2010, 07:34 PM
MitsuBeastly

got the rusty gear today, slapped it in... the wheels wouldnt turn at first, but after some (persuasion), managed to get it rolling... really quiet actually, i was suprised... my gearbox is cracked, im just waiting on the new one to come in... but seemed to wear in on the first pack...

also bought one of those skateboard launch ramps today... very much fun... especially around an apartment complex!!!

im including a picture, notice the ramp in the background, i jumped the car, it went sideways on the ramp from damp tires, and landed like this...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41699.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1388143  
Old 02-27-2010, 11:29 PM
MitsuBeastly

jw if you guys suggest any cheap/affordable lipo balance chargers? capable of above a 2 amp output...

also, i was wondering if i could take my 2s lipo's and make a harness with the two 2s plugs going to a 4s plug so the charger thinks that the 2 packs are actually one 4s lipo so i can charge them simultaneously... (like running them parallel in the truck but charging them)

ima do some research, i know alot ab electricity, just wanted to check w/ u guys and see if theres any downside to doing that...

i was thinking that with a better charger, i could double the amp input and charge 2 packs in the same time that i charge 1...

and if thats possible, i could even do it with 3 packs and a 6s plug....

like i said, gona go do some research... let you guys know what i find...
Old 02-28-2010, 01:04 AM
MitsuBeastly

well, i was too impatient to wait on some replies...

so i went and did some research... bought some shtuff... on the way now are

2 jst-hx 2s connectors
1 jst-hx 4s connector
10 pairs of traxxas connectors i picked up for 10 bucks on ebay
imax b6 charger with racers edge squid and ac adapter
2 more 2s 2800mah 30c lipo's
2 2s lipo buzzers
alluminum st shocks
a new gearbox
and a trinity Co27 pro stock motor

so that will be,,, 2 evaders, with 2 lipos each, a buzzer each, and i'll be able to charge both packs in roughly an hour i'm sure!!!
one evader with a sidewinder 5700, and one w/ the Trinity Co27 pro stock...

Old 02-28-2010, 07:22 AM
mc4798

ORIGINAL: MitsuBeastly

well, i was too impatient to wait on some replies...

so i went and did some research... bought some shtuff... on the way now are

2 jst-hx 2s connectors
1 jst-hx 4s connector
10 pairs of traxxas connectors i picked up for 10 bucks on ebay
imax b6 charger with racers edge squid and ac adapter
2 more 2s 2800mah 30c lipo's
2 2s lipo buzzers
alluminum st shocks
a new gearbox
and a trinity Co27 pro stock motor

so that will be,,, 2 evaders, with 2 lipos each, a buzzer each, and i'll be able to charge both packs in roughly an hour i'm sure!!!
one evader with a sidewinder 5700, and one w/ the Trinity Co27 pro stock...

Should be fun !
Old 02-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Evader Owner 19

How do your gearboxex crack
Old 02-28-2010, 01:20 PM
MitsuBeastly

i over tightened the short screw next to the diff... so it split the hole that the screw goes into...
if you guys ever have this happen, if you have a spare slipper bushing, use the little one like a washer and use a longer screw...
wrks great for a temporary fix!!!

Ive been getting a lot of spare stock parts from a seller on ebay, but i have been doing business w/ him through email... he can sell stuff cheaper w/o the fees...

he just got some evader st's, they are all BARELY used, like once or twice, or brand new... so any stock replacement parts, like a gearbox, radio, receiver, servo, steering assy, chassis, anything... he will have, i have been buying alot of ext parts, but he has both...

his email is

[email protected]   told him i would post that up for u guys, so tell him i sent you...

ships really fast, and a great guy to do business w/ ...
Old 02-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Evader Owner 19

Look at these deals

aluminum traxxas idler
http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-1996X-AL...item439b4036cc

lipo
http://cgi.ebay.com/7-4v-5000mAh-30C...47811426603735
Old 02-28-2010, 05:28 PM
rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: Evader Owner 19

How do your gearboxex crack
i'm betting mine went cuz of too many wheelies where i'd absolutly destroy my motor lemmie see if i have a pic if not a i'll grab one in a few hours (gunna be cleaning up my shop it needs it... )

wow totaly forgot i was posting his huh only been open an hour or so... well still no motor pic...

evader owner, you don't need the Al version of that gear the steel one should work fine

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSGZ3&P=Z

UGG what moron at duratrax decided to use steering bushings instead of just running the rod thru the bellcrank yes, i see the ease of replacement but god its annoying and they used 2 sizes anger!!!!!!!!!!! btw 6X3 bearings will work for one side the other i gotta go measure... the other you can't get a BB that size, so i'm gunna try to drill it out this week at school soonest it'll be done is wensday,

now i gotta hit post

the lug
Old 02-28-2010, 10:58 PM
IICHAMPII

Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Hey guys I need to add some oil to my shocks on my Evader ext..Any weight Ideas or brands, thanks....
ORIGINAL: EVADERCHAOS

*~EVADER COALITION~*

Alright, this is a thread solely dedicated to the Evader series from Duratrax.

Evader ST
Evader BX
Evader Pro ST
Evader Pro BX
(for all pre-builts and RTRs)

This is a place for fellow Evader owners to come together and help each other out.
Got a tranny issue? We can help you out. Want to know if that motor will work or not? Just ask. Got some new hop-ups? Share the love.

In light of recent, and not so recent, put-downs, bashing, and blatant disrespect towards Evader owners on this board, no non related posts will be tolerated. You talk crap you will more than likely be reported. Back up your posts with facts and PERSONAL experiences. Not something that you heard from you best friend’s cousin’s uncle.

Please keep it clean and respectful.

Happy Posting!
~Corry
(proud Evader ST owner)
Old 02-28-2010, 11:05 PM
rclugnut10

stock is 20 but me and many others have been going to 30wt and really liking it, so i'd go for 30wt, as for brands AE, and trinity are both good brands, but get a few different weights 20,25,30,35 is a good set, or 20 and 30 out of those 4

the lug
Old 02-28-2010, 11:34 PM
rclugnut10

yay for double posting well i never found my cam, but i did find a pic of my beat up CM 36

not the best pic but thats from getting dragged along my dirt road, which is how i killed my tranny case

the lug
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60984.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1389043  
Old 02-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Darknest07

Ok, I received my order from tower a few days ago, and finished the lexan pannels (lexan was a little too think).
So here is what i got so far...still need to get the screws to mount it...
I also replaced my stock dogbones with the CVD, witch were pretty Sweet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.