Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 08:48 PM
theyellowdartmti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

Is it a good motor? Fast? Clear a double-jump?

Thanks a lot for helping.

Edit: O yea, Does that Speed Gems compare at all to the komodo? I was going to get the Komodo, but it says it is meant for Higher power batteries. I usually use 24000mah (not much)
Old 04-27-2006, 08:56 PM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

u tell me vids in a bandit im looking for my fastest setup vids

il post in a min
http://www.rcpics.net/img/74062
http://www.rcpics.net/img/74064
http://www.rcpics.net/img/74066
Old 04-27-2006, 09:21 PM
discgolfer72

well cant find my rc10 11t vids ill put it in my vader tommorow and get u some vids

edit

id get the reedy quad mag or the speed gems since u dont haveany high output bats
get some good ones at least gp3300's they make a big diffrence
Old 04-27-2006, 09:27 PM
bIGmiK

Yay, just ran 4 packs through my evader, 1 after the other, no heat problems, tranny all good and nothong broke!
Old 04-27-2006, 11:39 PM
bIGmiK

http://media.putfile.com/setting-sli...h-on-evader-ST

Just me setting the slipepr this morning.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:16 AM
cheech4

what test can i do to my tranny to see if it set right.... i dont want to put it on the car yet. does it have to spin a certain way... like should the axles spin when i hold still the slipper. please help..
Old 04-28-2006, 12:25 AM
bIGmiK

Not sure if you mean your tranny or diff...

The tranny should spin freely pretty much.

But the diff, when you tighten the slipper the whole way, and put a finger on your spur, and hold your right wheel, the left wheel should JUST turn with alot of difficulty.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:34 AM
SpecialEd

ORIGINAL: discgolfer72

how to mount bodys use these and for pics on how there r some in here and i just posted some naked notavader pics in the discgolfers notavader thread

i hust checked the part numbers and these r what i used
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHCC5&P=RF
discgolfer is the man who gave me the info on putting the different bodies on my Vader and XXXT. The BMW was supposed to go on the Vader but my XXXT was looking so poorly without a sweet body so I gave him the honor. I would follow discgolfer's advice on the mounts for the Vader.

But to share, what I did for Bugvader was to use the stock body mounts I replaced on my E-Maxx. The rear mounts fit nice and snug between the rear shocks so I strapped them in with two zip ties per side using the spare shock mounting holes. For the front I used the front mounts from the Maxx. I used the stock Vader post holes for the bottom and had to use a longer screw to make them go through far enough to catch. I zip tied the tops to keep them from moving from side to side.

FYI...I ran the Bugvader with the body underneath my car at full speed (wasn't watching where it was headed as it passed by me). The Vader came out the front of my car but the body stayed where it caught on my undercarriage. Funny thing is, the rear body clips held so well that the posts were still held in the body and the zip ties were the thing that snapped (I didn't have the front clipped down at the time). So it looks like the zip ties served to keep more damage from occurring...but I still felt like an idiot afterwards [X(]
Old 04-28-2006, 07:57 AM
SpecialEd

ORIGINAL: duneslider

1. If you are happy with the motor you are running I am sure the high turn ones will be just as good. I have been hearing the ready flash 17t is a good motor too. I think there might be a 15t also. Buggies do seem to be a little tougher to control at first. They are a lot more responsive than trucks.

2.I haven't seen or heard of anyone having that trouble with the evader bx. To me is sounds like something is wrong on the bx. I wonder if someone put the wrong arms on it or something. It could be the outdrives are really worn and that is why they let the cvd's pop out.

3.For tires, don't have a buggy so don't know. I think proline makes a few different ones.

Duneslider
Thanks, duneslider. I think we'll try putting my spare diff on his BX to see if that makes a difference. If it does, we'll just get him a new diff. If not, we'll look at the arms. I suppose it's possible that the previous owner may have inadvertantly replaced the BX arms with ST arms. The ST arms are a little longer, correct? Regardless, we'll check them out. Thanks again.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:42 AM
SpecialEd

Here's a couple of Vidz of Devo the Bugvader in action. The camera can't zoom while filming so please excuse the distance shots
[link=http://geekrc.johnwisephotography.com/42606/devo1.mov]Devo Vid 1[/link]
[link=http://geekrc.johnwisephotography.com/42606/devo2.mov]Devo Vid 2[/link]

And a couple of my friend's BX
[link=http://geekrc.johnwisephotography.com/42606/devil2.mov]Devil Vid 1[/link]
[link=http://geekrc.johnwisephotography.com/42606/devil3.mov]Devil Vid 2[/link]
Old 04-28-2006, 10:23 AM
raz54

ORIGINAL: cheech4

what test can i do to my tranny to see if it set right.... i dont want to put it on the car yet. does it have to spin a certain way... like should the axles spin when i hold still the slipper. please help..

The best way I found is to tighten the diff screw down tight, to where it won't turn anymore then back it off 1/8 turn. Make sure you use plenty of diff lube. The diff should turn smoothly when done. Do the same on the slipper except back it off 1/4 turn. If it's too tight and wants to wheelie back it off another 1/8 turn at a time till it won't wheelie anymore.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:51 PM
EVADERCHAOS

Well my crappy temporary standard gear servo is partially stripped out now. lol Got maybe 6 HARD runs out of it. I crashed the car pretty hard yesterday. I attempted to jump it off my deck, off a ramp, (which is not insanely high at all) and it cartwheeled about 3 times and flipped once. haha pretty cool when you watch it in slow-mo on the cam.
Time for a MG servo like I planned on getting before...
Stupid LHs
Old 04-28-2006, 09:32 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Good idea! I will jump my deck!

Don't know how many pages it's been since I posted here...but anyways...rebirth!!! Got a whole tranny rebuild and i even got t-maxx shocks now. Might not run mashers for a while though since i took them off the clawz for a different project.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:08 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

Wow, i now reccomend putting t-maxx shocks on the vader[X(]
Old 04-28-2006, 10:34 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

Check out the current uhh "setup" he he
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36668.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	452280  
Old 04-28-2006, 11:11 PM
rcmaster103

Why do you recommend those shocks?
Old 04-28-2006, 11:39 PM
bIGmiK

Just did a front a-arm. Haha snapped in half.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:05 AM
raz54

ThatsAnEvader, your vader looks a little naked there, were you pushing it off the deck? (lol)

I found a semi local store that had the Spektrum DX3 with 2 tx's and 2 servos and he took $50.00 off the price so I got it for $200.00! I'm so stoked. Now I can run all my aluminum parts again and hopefully no more glitching. If my new idler gear shows up tomorrow I'll get to try it out.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:38 AM
bIGmiK

Hey raz, can you tell me some speed that you are getting from your SS4300 motor? And explain what the torque is like? And if you have had any glitching troubles, and ESC problems.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:50 AM
CustomTamiyas4Life

I reccomend them kuz they don't leak like crazy and are alot easier to tighten than vader ones. I actually overtightened a vader one before and the cap snapped(as you can see in the pic, the dirty one.

Raz, I took all the electronics and mashers out to put into a different truck, but then i had problems with that truck, and then i took the tranny off to prep it for the new gears I ordered, and I used the rear camber links on a different car.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:33 PM
raz54

ORIGINAL: bIGmiK

Hey raz, can you tell me some speed that you are getting from your SS4300 motor? And explain what the torque is like? And if you have had any glitching troubles, and ESC problems.

I got 32 mph on 7 cells and a 21t pinion. The torque is great and it's still driveable and since most of my bashing is in sand you're always spinning the tires so you can olnly go so fast. When I was trying to radar it I had to take off easy and not punch it till at least 20 mph or it would wheelie. I've had to loosen the slipper more than normal just to keep the front end on the ground. The only glitching problems I've had was after adding all the alum. parts, then it glitched really bad to where I couldn't trust it that's why I'm so thrilled about getting the DX3. Just testing it in my house I no longer have glitches so that makes me very hopefull for out door use now. I've had 0 problems with the esc at all. It's been perfect so far. I'm planning on the SS4300-SS5800 upgrade kit soon so the torque will be even more awsome that it is now.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:51 PM
EVADERCHAOS

Check that out. It's a still shot from a video. lol I was getting a good 2 feet of air of my lil jump. That was a few days before I decided to trash a servo again.

***? not showing. give me a sec...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70653.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	452542  
Old 04-29-2006, 07:37 PM
raz54

This Spektrum DX3 radio is fantasic! Not a singlle glitch all day and that's with all the aluminum parts on the sand evader. If any of you are having glitching problems or short range this radio is the cure. I was driving it so far away I could barely see it and no glitching at all.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:06 PM
discgolfer72

raz its strange were u running the stock tx/rx setup or a new tx system

i run my old and i mean old futaba Magnum sports on my rc10 and their just one big hunk of alum and i get awsome range ( i run out of room before i get out of range)and no glitching

i don't run brushless but with my low turn motors i get glitching when running my newer futaba stuff and my factory duratrax tx (even in my all stock losi xx witch has no cf or alum)

i wonder if its the way newer tx's are made (seems like the old tx's have allot thicker antenna's mabey thats why)
Old 04-29-2006, 09:21 PM
theyellowdartmti

Hey!

Finally got my new motor, a 16t SpeedGems Chrominum Pro, still have to break it in, so I haven't used it yet.
How do you reccomend I adjust my pinion gearing for this motor?

Thanks,
Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.