Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 08:56 AM
NewGuy1980

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

ORIGINAL: bIGmiK

I'm not trash talking it.... I believe for someone whos about to buy an evader they should know it's not the best thing under the sun, and it has some postavies and some negatives (yes I did refrain from saying lots of negavtives, as it's not that bad of a car).
Point taken, I can't wait to try to figure out how to adjust the tranny after I put in the ss5800, still waiting for parts to come in to restore the vader however

Old 07-13-2006, 09:32 AM
bIGmiK

I could adjust the diff fine.... My main prob would the slipper wouldn't hold a tune. That caused a few stripped idlers.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:48 AM
kingeric1991
Banned

hello everyone i was thinking about selling my stampede and getting a evader pro bx are they good points and bad and also what is there top speed on a 6 cell and a 7 cell battery stock
Old 07-13-2006, 12:02 PM
cheech4

well im glad you got ur self what u called an upgraded car. i for one had never had bad issues on my vader and im running the 5800 brushlless... yes the steering servo sucks in the beginning but since i upgraded to metal geared its been fine, we all know the tranny might be week but thats because no body knows to keep it maintained, i had never had a tranny issue. and i only ran the car in the stock motor for a few weeks then i got the revo v2. And upgraded to the B2 nylon diff when it went brushless... i also upgraded the shocks and the toe blocks using the brace. Everybody knows its driver error that breaks things. So sorry you were not happy with your evader, and that your ""GLAD"" you got rid of it. Dont think cuz your getting a losi that driver error does not apply, it does and with losi they will apply more. nice knowing ya keep in touch.....

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE!!!!!! bryan from positive RC i need a brace for my other vader the bx, did you send mine out yet???
Old 07-13-2006, 12:36 PM
bornthreat

Wassup Everyone...Me and my cuz are getting Evader Pro BX's next week. Thx to you guys I will be getting these parts at the same time:

1)Titanium hingepins, turnbuckles, kingpin set,
2)aluminum front knukcles arm, alm hub carriers & alm hinge pin brace
3) RPM Bumper
4)carbide thrust & Diff balls
5)Front & Rear sway bar
6)Nitro Evader idler
7)RRP spur and pinion (personal fav)
8) AE stealth grease

I used to race stock & 19T touring for a few years but have never had an offroad ride. I've researched them all (AE, Losi, Yok, TrX, etc) and for the price we are willing to try our luck with the DTX. We have an array of motors from EPic Monster stocks to EPIC modified 7t dbls, and have all the elec's we need. If there's anything I've missed please let me know. We plan on learning the rides, putting a lot of road time in, and hen eventaully racing later this year. Will go brushless if they allow it or have a class for it. Thx for all your help and I'll hit you back once its setup in a few days.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:42 PM
raz54

ORIGINAL: bornthreat

Wassup Everyone...Me and my cuz are getting Evader Pro BX's next week. Thx to you guys I will be getting these parts at the same time:

1)Titanium hingepins, turnbuckles, kingpin set,
2)aluminum front knukcles arm, alm hub carriers & alm hinge pin brace
3) RPM Bumper
4)carbide thrust & Diff balls
5)Front & Rear sway bar
6)Nitro Evader idler
7)RRP spur and pinion (personal fav)
8) AE stealth grease

I used to race stock & 19T touring for a few years but have never had an offroad ride. I've researched them all (AE, Losi, Yok, TrX, etc) and for the price we are willing to try our luck with the DTX. We have an array of motors from EPic Monster stocks to EPIC modified 7t dbls, and have all the elec's we need. If there's anything I've missed please let me know. We plan on learning the rides, putting a lot of road time in, and hen eventaully racing later this year. Will go brushless if they allow it or have a class for it. Thx for all your help and I'll hit you back once its setup in a few days.

It's good to see some more evader owners coming on board. I would also get the rear toe in block braces for your evaders. The blocks break easy but with the braces you probably will never break one. Just write a post saying "Bryan, I need some braces" and he will get back to you. Believe me they are a 'must have'.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:02 PM
4 stroken ron
My Feedback: (29)

Where do you get the front and rear antisway bars? I would like to get a set.
Thanks

Ron
Old 07-13-2006, 01:15 PM
jimroad471

So you wanna hop up an Evader? You'll want to beef up toe in blocks ( i know this ) and a mg servo along with all your other very good upgrades! Front shock tower is vulnerable so you need Losi xxt or metal shock tower. I bought al. fr and rr shock towers for heck of it. Soon you'll discover that all shocks leak a little. Easy solution: get AE Green Slime and seal around piston hole. Use silicone shock oil only. Petrolium or motor oil will attack plastics! AE B2 diff gear and rings is a good upgrade as well. Last words of wisdom: Avoid collisions with curbs and chassis bottom out thumps. Have fun!!
Jim,
Evader pro with gtb 4.5, al. carriers,hubs, towers and toe in blocks. Chilling high velocity!! Massive loose dirt roosters. Do not hit squirrel or small animal................very cruel on animal!
Old 07-13-2006, 02:07 PM
raz54

ORIGINAL: 4 stroken ron

Thanks

Ron

Tower Hobbies.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

I do say the evader has sum probs, and yes its no T4 or xxxt, but its jus a fun car id say, it can be race worthy 2 an extent, but its jus a fun car id say ive had many problems, and spend lots of money on mine, but with all that money i spent i learned alot, it makes me soooo mad at times but most of the time its jus a fun basher and neighbourhood racer, i jus like my evader, its fast its kool lookin, fun 2 work on, thats jus my 2 cents

im runnnin every aluminum part, sum graphite parts 2 replace the plastic, and yellow plastic parts ball cups, bellcrank ect, hpi bones tires on RPM talonz chrome rips blue and yellow body!, LRP/REEDY NEO1 brushless system, futaba 2pl radio, futaba digital high torgue servo, deans direct soldered, 7 cells!, or 6 if i want, it really hauls! geared 18/93
Old 07-13-2006, 10:05 PM
4 stroken ron
My Feedback: (29)

ORIGINAL: raz54

ORIGINAL: 4 stroken ron

Thanks

Ron
Tower Hobbies.

OK cool, found'em.
Now where can I find a set for my REVO?
ROn
Old 07-14-2006, 12:35 AM
jimroad471

Neo,
Since you've gone brushless with LRP, how does Evader handle high speeds? Do you have suspension soft? I put GTB 4.5 in my Evader even though that system is designed for touring. Have you noticed hitting small bumps @ wot can send your Evader into a rude tumble? Since I've gone brushless, I drive in large and debris free areas. My Velocity 4.5 runs warm @ 15/90. Tell me about your LRP.
Jim
Old 07-14-2006, 01:22 AM
bornthreat

What are these "toe in block?" And can I get them at Tower? As far as the metal diff gear, I'll pass; I've never liked metal on metal... but thats my personal opinion. As far as the car goes I raced AE, and honestly the best drivers can beat you in damn near anything. A couple of years ago HPI was BS, now its one of the best since they got Hara pushing it. SO I know from racing electric touring that people will jump to the popular name brands...just because its popular. I raced off-n-on for a few years and with all the AE, Losi, HPI, Corraly and Schumacher hype X-RAY came out of no where (when they signed Josh) and started blowing them ALL away. (Plus it IS the strongest , most durable car as well) SO let the nay-sayers say what they want, we're rolling with Duratrax...and we'll just have to fix what we find aint working. (FYI..don't think you're running MF or BK car just because there name is on it, ALL of those pro rides are hybrids. Well the touring ones are anyway, and BK does touring also)

So if you could help me with this "toe in block", I'd really appreciate it. Oh yeah as far as servo's go, we already have metal high speed & high torque Futaba's and Hitec's, so that won't be an issue. Thx in advance for the help.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:28 AM
bornthreat

Almost forgot...don't the Aluminum shock towers fr & rr mess with the cars weight? Also are the xx-T towers actually better? Are they graphite? I guess what I'm asking is what is the best shock tower I can get so this is no longer an issue, BUT doesn't compromise the car? Also what other shocks work on the BX? Sorry for all the questions, unfortunately...there will be more. lol THX
Old 07-14-2006, 03:27 AM
NewGuy1980

anyone know where I can get ahold of rpm wheels with tires pre-mounted ???
Old 07-14-2006, 03:43 AM
bIGmiK

Don't sell them... Unless you get some used ones off ebay.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:56 AM
NewGuy1980

Don't sell them... Unless you get some used ones off ebay.
Bummer thanks bigmilk

So I'm trying to figure out what pinion and spur I should run with the novak ss5800. Only problem is I don't know the evaders transmission ratio?

Does 86/17 sound right? Thats novak's sugjestion for XXX-T trucks, I used the gear wizard thingy and it says thats a rollout ratio of 1.035, with 4" diameter Dirt Hawgs.

Sound good?

Appreciate any help
Old 07-14-2006, 04:03 AM
bIGmiK

Tranny ratio is 2.667 or if u wanna be a tight ass about it 2*superscript*2/3.

Hope this helps.

SEE GUYS I CAN STILL HELP OUT EVEN THOUGH I DON'T OWN AN EVADER NO MORE
Old 07-14-2006, 04:22 AM
NewGuy1980

Tranny ratio is 2.667 or if u wanna be a tight ass about it 2*superscript*2/3.

Hope this helps.

SEE GUYS I CAN STILL HELP OUT EVEN THOUGH I DON'T OWN AN EVADER NO MORE
Agreed you are helping and thank you. But that would make the rollout ratio 0.931, on the table for the novak it says you want a final drive ratio of 12.3 to 1 and that gear wizzard thingy doesn't tell you the final drive ratio .......

I'm so confused [sm=spinnyeyes.gif][&:]
Old 07-14-2006, 04:36 AM
bIGmiK

Final Drive ratio = Begin by dividing the number of teeth on the spur gear by the
number of teeth on the pinion gear. This will give you your external drive
ratio. ( Ex: 87/19=4.5789). Now multiply your external drive ratio with your
transmission gear ratio ( Ex: 2.4x4.5789=10.9893 ). This is your final drive
ratio.

So try this:

88/19=A
A*2.667=12.35

So try a 88t spur, and a 19t pinion for a final drive ratio of 12.35. Can't get better than that.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:41 AM
NewGuy1980

Sounds good to me

Thanks bIGmilk
Old 07-14-2006, 09:11 AM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

ORIGINAL: jimroad471

Neo,
Since you've gone brushless with LRP, how does Evader handle high speeds? Do you have suspension soft? I put GTB 4.5 in my Evader even though that system is designed for touring. Have you noticed hitting small bumps @ wot can send your Evader into a rude tumble? Since I've gone brushless, I drive in large and debris free areas. My Velocity 4.5 runs warm @ 15/90. Tell me about your LRP.
Jim

Hey jimroad471!, id say at thoes speeds with my evader it gets squirlly, and touchy im running it on 7 cells, geared 18/93 it runs warm, motor gets warm and battery gets warm and so does the esc, but nothing gets stupid hot 2 the point that sumthing is gonna fry or meltdown, im running on 3.8 inch tires, i got my suspention slightly on the firm side!, because i bash, and i hit the odd jumps, so i need it 2 absorb the impact, and yeah, i had my evader take sum tumbles!, at high speeds jus from going from concreate 2 grass, jus that small bump at 40+mph it sent it flying. i usally drive in gravel and grass, and on the road, and it never gets that hot,

Hope that helps,
Old 07-14-2006, 09:30 AM
raz54

ORIGINAL: bornthreat

What are these "toe in block?" And can I get them at Tower? As far as the metal diff gear, I'll pass; I've never liked metal on metal... but thats my personal opinion. As far as the car goes I raced AE, and honestly the best drivers can beat you in damn near anything. A couple of years ago HPI was BS, now its one of the best since they got Hara pushing it. SO I know from racing electric touring that people will jump to the popular name brands...just because its popular. I raced off-n-on for a few years and with all the AE, Losi, HPI, Corraly and Schumacher hype X-RAY came out of no where (when they signed Josh) and started blowing them ALL away. (Plus it IS the strongest , most durable car as well) SO let the nay-sayers say what they want, we're rolling with Duratrax...and we'll just have to fix what we find aint working. (FYI..don't think you're running MF or BK car just because there name is on it, ALL of those pro rides are hybrids. Well the touring ones are anyway, and BK does touring also)

So if you could help me with this "toe in block", I'd really appreciate it. Oh yeah as far as servo's go, we already have metal high speed & high torque Futaba's and Hitec's, so that won't be an issue. Thx in advance for the help.

The "toe in blocks" are the plastic (not graphite) parts that hold the rer arms to the car. They are a weak link and do break so you want to put on the brace kit. Since installing the kit I have not broke any more blocks. To get the brace kit write a post saying "Bryian, I need a brace kit" and he will get in touch with you so you can order it.
I never weighed the aluminum shock towers but they are very light and I never noticed any change in handling.
I would pass on the metal diff gear too, they are not the same size or shape (teeth) and as long as you keep the diff adjusted properly it will hold up fine. I would replace the idler gear though, they strip out easy. Use the metal nitro evader gear and grease it well.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:45 AM
rcmaster103

ANyone want to give me an idler? I was doing wheelies and I have a metal diff. so yeah. I will get some pics of my beautiful Evader later.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:07 AM
cheech4

in my St silvader im running 18 pinion 87 spur on my brushless 5800 right now, and this thing is stupid fast. my temps are usually in the 125 to 130 range, so thats good i think i can bump up the spur alittle or the pinion and still keep the temps under control. my shock set up i dont know, i have a set of team blue star shocks, the weight of the silicon oil in it im not sure of but i do know that my silvader handles so much better with these shocks and its alot smoother and a bit stiffer. I usually take it at the park and jump grass dunes that are about 30 to 40 degree angle right into the bike and walking strip. lots of fun didnt get much air about a foot high about 2 feet long but i was running my bow ties and they were bold. gonna try again with the gladiators woo hoo. My BX on the other hand im running currently a 20 pinion and 85 spur on the revo V2 motor, but 10 maybe 15 minutes of hard running the motor gets hot it goes over 150 and i have to let it cool down... should i drop the pinion? i would thinks so. i thought because the tranny is smoother in the BX now cuz of the B2 upgrade that it would run cooler. But it doesnt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.