Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 556 of 825 FirstFirst ... 56456506546554555556557558566606656 ... LastLast
Results 13,876 to 13,900 of 20620

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

I have a quick question:
    With my slipper tightened all the way, it slips way too much. any recommendations on how to freeze it?
    better pads, glue, anything?

ORIGINAL: nitrozach54

I have a quick question:
    With my slipper tightened all the way, it slips way too much. any recommendations on how to freeze it?
    better pads, glue, anything?
    new pads and your diff may be loose...

as for my evader, for bashing i call it, 10 ft of air forward and 5 ft drop, doing doughnuts on my driveway, nose dives into rocks... off a 4 ft. drop, nose dives into stumps, intentionally cartwheeling it after landing jumps (that my explain my dead front hubs...) it takes a solid beating, nothing to what my savage does, thats like nose dives into the hard dirt after a WOT launch from the big ole jump at my track 10 ft up, maybe a bit more, 15-20ft forward then nosedive, if you want your truck to roll away from that, you need a savage, evaders just aren't built to handle that kind of abuse,

and i know full well why i toasted my evader tranny cuz i spun it around so it was slidding backwards then gave it WOT with a UNDERGEARED BL system the 4600 for even more TQ, soo yeah, thats bashing and abuse,

the lug
    Savage Flux 2350 Evader ST Pro EXT \'\'Detta ST E Choas, HPI E Firestrom Novus CP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys ive got the ext with an trinity co27 and im thinking about upgrading to a castle sidewinder is this safe because ive seen on youtube all the time
    Hot Bodies = 1/2 price and 2 x the performance
    D8T- Nitrotec R21
    D8 Hara- Dynamite Red Head

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: chaserogesr14

hey guys ive got the ext with an trinity co27 and im thinking about upgrading to a castle sidewinder is this safe because ive seen on youtube all the time
    you should be fine the EXT tranny is tuff, just as long as you keep your slipper adjusted right you should have no problems
    Traxxas Mini E- Revo VXL, Mamba Evader ST Pro.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got a bunch of runs in today with the kids (mostly me - hahaha). My boy took my ST full speed into a large bolder. caught it on the tray, so at least didn't loose the a-arm. put a pretty gnarly crack in the tray and now got some servo problems. Think I'll take that advice and try the Futuba 3305mg. Time for a tear down and rebuild - too bad it was my graphite tray.
    btw - I tried out that ebay $25 540 motor (couple pages back) - doesn't compare to a Komodo 19t with the gearing I had avail. I will say this - it probably can take some serious juice - running with my best battery, a 26t pinion and 88t spur, couldn't get it to heat up - running with Road Rage and Yokohama setups. maybe a decent track setup or more spur teeth - was pretty quick, decent torque, but topped out at speeds of a Photon2. Looks like a drill motor with a garage job on the capacitors. lol.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Finally got a day of work i come home and its packs with posts.u guys have been busy.cheech sorry for your loss mate, ive
    been there myself. what kv mamba have you got? good to see you got ur truck
    ok
    as for settings on the mamba, punch control i have set at 20%,normal timing, and have the start power for medium.
    reverse throttle i have at 50% and no drag brake. you may want drag brake and a bit more punch/traction control. keep in mind
    i know ive said this over and over but its the driver,HONESTLY. i boost the settings and am runnig a stupid setup. there is no way
    or need to go faster. i chop anything.there i said it.raghhh. i know the limits of my truck.the guy over ther road owns a jato 3.3.
    he used to laugh when i would come out break my truck go inside etc. with traction control up and on six cells.he doesnt even bring hes
    car out any more.when you have enough power to wheely at anyspeed its just a matter of who can get the power down.i hardly ever
    need full throttle. mamba 7700 now on 2s lipo.
    (pretty cool cool to just pick the car up,plug it in and have a look)throttle curve stock too.

The slipper is essential.i have mine so tight it seems like its not working but it is.just.The brass bushing are probably flogged out.
    undo the nut, pull the spring and all the washers/bushings off.find a bearing that fits snug in the centre of the spur/slipper,replace
    a washer at either end of the spring and adjust accordingly.if it self tightens you can double nut it,i just squash the nut a bit, with pliers/vice.
    if anyone wants pics u can tell me how to do it i dunno.lol. big rant.
    its not because we cant, its because we cant be bothered.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: evaderholic

Finally got a day of work i come home and its packs with posts.u guys have been busy.cheech sorry for your loss mate, ive
    been there myself. what kv mamba have you got? good to see you got ur truck
    ok
    as for settings on the mamba, punch control i have set at 20%,normal timing, and have the start power for medium.
    reverse throttle i have at 50% and no drag brake. you may want drag brake and a bit more punch/traction control. keep in mind
    i know ive said this over and over but its the driver,HONESTLY. i boost the settings and am runnig a stupid setup. there is no way
    or need to go faster. i chop anything.there i said it.raghhh. i know the limits of my truck.the guy over ther road owns a jato 3.3.
    he used to laugh when i would come out break my truck go inside etc. with traction control up and on six cells.he doesnt even bring hes
    car out any more.when you have enough power to wheely at anyspeed its just a matter of who can get the power down.i hardly ever
    need full throttle. mamba 7700 now on 2s lipo.
    (pretty cool cool to just pick the car up,plug it in and have a look)throttle curve stock too.

The slipper is essential.i have mine so tight it seems like its not working but it is.just.The brass bushing are probably flogged out.
    undo the nut, pull the spring and all the washers/bushings off.find a bearing that fits snug in the centre of the spur/slipper,replace
    a washer at either end of the spring and adjust accordingly.if it self tightens you can double nut it,i just squash the nut a bit, with pliers/vice.
    if anyone wants pics u can tell me how to do it i dunno.lol. big rant.

regular mamba with the 6900 motor, i switch between the 6900 and a nemisis 6s motor. the mamba has more top end but the nemisis is a torque beast. also running 2s lipo and also blowing the doors my next door neighbors jato 3.3 too, funny you said that lol
    Traxxas Mini E- Revo VXL, Mamba Evader ST Pro.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

strange. i wish i could blow his doors off, but he just plain wont take his truck out.as my sig suggests,times are tuff,im hungry.lol.
    i dug up some "lite reading" after the evaders being put down some. must be someones mate.
    http://www.therczone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=215674

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good to read your alls post as I look forward to talking with you all in the near future. I bought my son a evader for Christmas so he would have something more than video games and since then have enjoyed countless hours with him and have had a blast and fell in love with r/c cars. Went to buy myself a ae t4 until i saw tower had the evader for 90 bucks, so hopefully by the end of this week will have 2 evaders in the house. Plus a Cliff Climber that I bought for my youngest son for his birthday in june, and a axial scorpion that is on the way.

Have learned alot reading the posts would like to see though if anybody could help me here. Am looking to begin building the bullet proof transmissions on both cars, but towers hobbies is sold out of and has been for awhile on part # lxfzp / Duratrax steel idler gear. Is there a alternative part that I can buy ? Or is there another place other than tower hobbies that I can buy this from ?

Again thank you and look forward to talking in the coming days.

David

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Welcome to the forum, David.
    SacramentoJoe
    Evader ST-(mine); Evader BX-(sons); Nissan 350ZX-(other sons); 90 Vintage Tamiya Toyota Hilux (Adopted)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I replaced the small brass bushing with an old differential thrust bearing. I haven't checked it for wear since I put it in, but it fit perfect. You also have to check that the large brass bushing sticks out far enough. I had some replacement bushings that looked thinner than normal and the small brass bushing was pushing against the shoulder on the main shaft and not letting the slipper plates come together. I drilled a bit of the small bushing so it would fit over the larger-diameter part of the shaft.
    SacramentoJoe
    Evader ST-(mine); Evader BX-(sons); Nissan 350ZX-(other sons); 90 Vintage Tamiya Toyota Hilux (Adopted)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hello david welcome,good choice of trucks. even a duratrax crawler,nice. someone will aid you with the info on the b2 diff
    upgrade/ al idler. I dont know if you read the link i provided, but refering to the tranny as a jelly doughnut is BS. ive said this
    countless times,and im not trying to be cool but it maybe a waste of money (upgrading). i got a buggy out the box, run the diff in
    with a 19tmotor, adjusted diff and slipper and put my big brushless in.stock as a rock mate.

watse of money might be the wrong term,not necessary.what motor do you want to run? if it is adjusted properly (diff
    & slipper) the box is pretty tough. any questions, were here to help. once again nice purchase. did you get trucks
    or buggies?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bought my son a evader for Christmas so he would have something more than video games
    Well, after one-year and one-month, I had to replace my son’s servo in his BX. As I was putting it together, I thought about all the people who would have thrown their Evader away at this point. I just took the servo apart and turned the gear over. Taaa-daaaa, a new servo, Evader style repair on the cheap. Been there, done that before, but I drove today with no parts ordered, and no $$$$.

Sometimes I think the best thing about the Evaders is they make you understand RC cars. If you understand the way that they talk to you, then you will be able to understand any RC car.

I guess the people who trash on Evaders never could quite understand how they work. In those cases, a Traxxas makes perfectly good sense.

I am waiting for that other thread to post so I can put this in there for their info.

PS….I test drove my son’s buggy with my ol’ Money motor after fixing the servo. Kind of makes me wish I had the buggy. It is so nimble and quick, I could barely drive it! He must have much better reflexes than me, probably from all those video games. When things get wild, gas more…..steer less.
    SacramentoJoe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i was wondering if yall any info on this truck http://www.losi.com/Products/Default...rodID=LOSB0102 im looking at gettin another truck and was checkin out this one

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had to rebuid my kids servo the first week we had it back in December. And you know what I wish it would break again. The time sitting there with him taking it out and rebuilding was awesome. I almost put a better servo in there but what if it didnt break ? So far the one we rebuilt has gone strong, might have to open it up when he is sleeping and rig something, I got extra parts this time !!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i dont have any info the truck,looks nice and rugged. desert truck? if them prices are US$ i wouldnt be happy paying that
    and finding out my vader could do what it does with new tyres. wish i had that money to throw at a new truck. just
    noticed it comes with a spektrum. lots of bells and whistles.lights etc. just my 2 cents our government is releasing
    a stimulus package,money for rc's[>:] more like bills []

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i am in iraq and gettin a lill more than usally so i am lookin at a 2nd truck but if i was back home i wouldnt think of payin that for it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Soldiercowboy94 what part Iraq you in ? Got back last year, pray you come home safely. Great terrain over there for runnin r/c, wish I would have had one with me, other than that stupid ied detector R/C vehicle.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im around the baghdad ao and i have about 14 days left

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Motivating, remember the feeling of getting ready to leave, have a safe flight home.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yep i cant wait ithere so i can put the new parts i got for my vader on it and test it out in NC with out havin to worry about the sand killen it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

with out looking through all 551 pages can someone answer me a quick question?

what do i need to upgrade to run a vxl in the evader? i have a vxl in my slash and i wanna try it in my evader but im worried the tranny wont hold up. if u could just make a quick list of what i need. thx

i have searched this site and online and i cant find a list.
    Duratrax Evader ST, traxxas e-maxx, turbo vee 3,
    slash vxl

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just make sure your gear mesh is right and that you keep your slipper adjusted properly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i dont need to buy anything to make it hold up?
    Duratrax Evader ST, traxxas e-maxx, turbo vee 3,
    slash vxl

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you should be fine, but for extra strength, look into the b2 diff upgrade:

rc10 B2 diff gear
    B2 diff rings
    nitro evader alloy idler gear ( optional ) but well worth it
    5X8 bearing
    carbide diff and thrust balls- ( optional ) but good to have
    silicon based lube- worth it but ( optional )
    ceramic black grease- ( optional )