Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 6 of 825 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

Thanks ra254, I counldn't find anything on it either but this gives me a basic idea.
    Love to thrash my Evader

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I scaned this thread and did a search and found nothing so if I'm asking an old often asked question please point me to any relevent threads.

I just got a pretty good deal on a ST pro. Thing is I wanted a BX pro but the ST was a good enough deal to overcome that desire. My question is what all is needed to convert the ST to a BX? Has anyone done this yet? If it's too big a pita or expensive I'll live with the ST and maybe get a buggy later.

Duratrax lists what's needed to convert the Maximum ST to a BX but they don't say anything about the Evader

Thanks
    Any technology, sufficiently advanced, will appear as magic

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's shorter control arms, different body mounts and body and the front shock tower is different, not sure about the rear tower and skinny front wheels
    \"My Mustang is a hybrid, it burns gas and rubber.\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If any of you are going to put a metal gear servo in your st make sure the arm doesn't hit the servo brace. Mine did for some reason so I had to file out the brace so it will self center again. If you look close you can see where it rubbed the top of the arm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pb85808.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	404051  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am currently Evader-less! Noooooo! I sold the car a few days ago. I'll get around to ordering my new Pro ST in a few days. Until then, it will be very depressing.
    lol

Mayhem Maniac ~ That thread was loaded with a ton of meaningless bullcrap, part of which was instigated by you. I would appreciate it if you would refrain from doing so here. Thanks.
    The Evader Coalition ~ Founder
    Garage: ~ Evader ST Pro (Positive R/C : Venom Racing : Team Orion : Pro-Line)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

I just got a pretty good deal on a ST pro. Thing is I wanted a BX pro but the ST was a good enough deal to overcome that desire. My question is what all is needed to convert the ST to a BX? Has anyone done this yet? If it's too big a pita or expensive I'll live with the ST and maybe get a buggy later.

Thanks
    A ton of parts is needed, you would actually be better off getting a used BX roller off ebay, it would be cheaper anyways.

As well as I remember, you would need:

BX A arms (front and rear)
    BX CVD's/universals
    BX knuckles
    BX turnbuckles
    BX shock towers (front and rear)
    BX shocks (I believe the ST's front shocks are the BX's rears but I'm not positive, etiher way you'll need at least one new pair of shocks)
    BX front chassis brace
    BX body
    BX front axles
    BX tires/wheels
    I think you also need different rear hubs

I'm pretty sure that's everything but I may have forgotten a thing or two, after all it's been a few months since I've had an Evader. But as I said, it would come out cheaper to just buy a used roller.

{o,o}
    |)__)
    -\"-\"-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Or if you just want the buggy look I saw were someone modified the evader st so the buggy body would fit. Then replaced the front axles so the buggy wheels would fit. I thought I saw that post on this forum. I remember it wasn't too big of a deal to get the body to fit and then get the wheels to fit. It wouldn't exactly be the BX but it would give you the look. Just a thought...

Later
    Duneslider
    Toe-block Braces
    The end of broken Evader toe-in blocks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you want to go for the truggy look you would only need the BX shock towers, BX shocks, BX front chassis brace, and the BX body. Actually you could probably get away with using the ST's shocks if you put some spacers in them to limit their length.

If you used the ST's stock shocks the total cost would only be something like $40 (I'm assuming the body is going to be about $25).
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -\"-\"-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just get another pro prebuilt off of tower....
    Racing Cars: FT 18T with Mamba 8000kv system, XXX-S with 24T Birdman Pro Pro motor and Novak GTB, FT RC10T4 with Chamelion and GTB
    Sponsored by: Driven Pro
    Performance Devices
    BoomBoomBatteries

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Guys, that's pretty much what I thought.
    I've got a stock motor coming with the ST I bought and a spare 2 ch JR radio so I may just get the PRO BX (the one w/o radio, esc & motor) off Tower I should be able to get that and an esc for what the parts would cost to convert. Then I'd have 2 (well 3, I'm rebuilding an old RC10 too). You can never have too many rc's, can you???????

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Doahh

That's probably the way I'll go.

I checked on Duratrax and tower. The have a conversion for the ST/BX to the Pro version and they want $89 for that. Why would anyone do that when the prebuilt is only $10 more??????

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

ORIGINAL: Doahh

That's probably the way I'll go.

I checked on Duratrax and tower. The have a conversion for the ST/BX to the Pro version and they want $89 for that. Why would anyone do that when the prebuilt is only $10 more??????

it doesn't make any since to me either cause the pre built even has wheels, tires, shocks and a complete tranny.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Could some of you guys check your tranny to see how long it can freewheel with the pinion removed? (remove pinion, spin the wheels and see how long before they stop spinning)
    I went to my LHS yesterday and the guy there said that it's good on 2wd buggies to have the tranny freewheel for 20-30s after a solid spin of the wheels (and the pinion removed of course to avoid motor brake).
    I went home and tried it and my tranny only freewheels for about 2-3s.
    Was he exagerating? Does the Evader tranny have more friction?
    Is mine bound or not lubed enough?
    Thanks for checking and reporting your results.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone can suggest me compatible shocks for my ST Pro? I found Evader shocks very difficult to refill with oil and the plastic cap is brittle and cause oil leakage.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So according to the manual, the servo saver is only supposed to have the alum collar turned approx 1 and 1/2 turns on the servo saver shaft. I know for a fact mine is much tighter than this, but I havent experienced any problems. Am I just lucky? I would think that with the beating these trucks take, wouldnt 1 and 1/2 turns work itself right off?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Flyojumper

Could some of you guys check your tranny to see how long it can freewheel with the pinion removed? (remove pinion, spin the wheels and see how long before they stop spinning)
    I went to my LHS yesterday and the guy there said that it's good on 2wd buggies to have the tranny freewheel for 20-30s after a solid spin of the wheels (and the pinion removed of course to avoid motor brake).
    I went home and tried it and my tranny only freewheels for about 2-3s.
    Was he exagerating? Does the Evader tranny have more friction?
    Is mine bound or not lubed enough?
    Thanks for checking and reporting your results.
    I'd be glad if my tranny would spin for 10 seconds. I only get aroung 3 seconds also and my traddy has lubed bearings and gears. I think he was maybe exadurating. I would be very happy with 10+ seconds. My buggy gets around 4-5 seconds, but that's 1/6 of what the lhs dude said. Maybe on a custom racing tranny??
    TNX gasser/Brushless/4s revo 3.3/stampede with nearly nothing stock left/homemade lexan 2wd truck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tnguitarman

So according to the manual, the servo saver is only supposed to have the alum collar turned approx 1 and 1/2 turns on the servo saver shaft. I know for a fact mine is much tighter than this, but I havent experienced any problems. Am I just lucky? I would think that with the beating these trucks take, wouldnt 1 and 1/2 turns work itself right off?

Mine was the same way. I loosened the nut but the next time I hit some thing it still stipped out the servo. Personally I have not had any luck with the servo saver at all so after stripping the 2nd one in less than a month I wrote back to DuraTrax and they sent me a metal gear servo, free.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To set the servo saver right for a plastic gear servo I had to put locktite on the nut and just barely screw it on.

If screwed on far enough to keep the nut from coming loose the servo saver was too tight and the servo would get stripped, when it was set right the nut would loosen up and come off after a few runs.

That said, I only stripped one servo in my evader ST, and I never ran a metal gear one in it (once I got the servo saver set right I ran the same plastic gear servo for over 6 months).
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -\"-\"-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How fast do you think i could go with this setup-
    tekin rebel 2 esc
    7-cell ib3600's
    11t epic intense modified motor
    gearing 18/90
    TNX gasser/Brushless/4s revo 3.3/stampede with nearly nothing stock left/homemade lexan 2wd truck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would guess 35-40mph.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -\"-\"-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

awwww, that's all?? So i guess i'll just go with a nice 13t instead of getting a bunch of nice electronics just to see a few mph gain. what about a checkpoint or cobalt 13t running on 7-8 cells? Would that at least hit 32-3?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jakjr

To set the servo saver right for a plastic gear servo I had to put locktite on the nut and just barely screw it on.

If screwed on far enough to keep the nut from coming loose the servo saver was too tight and the servo would get stripped, when it was set right the nut would loosen up and come off after a few runs.

That said, I only stripped one servo in my evader ST, and I never ran a metal gear one in it (once I got the servo saver set right I ran the same plastic gear servo for over 6 months).

After stripping the second servo I took it all apart and even with the nut off it still would not turn like it is supposed to. It's like the channel in the bottom of it locks to tight, maybe if it were rounded some instead of the sharp edges? I gave up and got a metal gear servo so hopefully the problem is solved (I hope).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I need speed because i'm sick of my tamiya rising storm with a 15 dollar 27t motor absoloutly inialating the evader with a 19t. It's only using a 19t pinion and 6 cells.Nobody believes me at how fast that thing is. It's almost insane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

looks like my evader is going to go to rc heaven (selling on ebay ) my new st is much better

unless someone can give me a reason that i should keep somthing that breaks all the time and is slow even with a 11t motor in it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz76736.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	118.6 KB 
ID:	404607  
    boom
    vintage rc will rule
    my vids http://www.rcpics.net/member/discgolfer
    aim /rc10 discgolfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tamiyacrawler, it makes me feel a little better to see that I'm not the only one with a tranny freewheeling for 2-3s only. However, at the beginning of the post you say 3s then later you say your buggy gets 4-5s. Do you have 2 evaders? A ST and a BX?
    Concerning your tamiya going so fast, what is the 27t motor you put in it? What battery do you use on it? Sport or nice pack?
    Anything in particular you would attribute the extra speed to?
    Have you tried moving that same motor and battery combination to the Evader? I'd be VERY interested in seeing how they compare then.
    I have an Evader BX now but at the beginning of my search, I was actually looking at the Rising storm for its 4wd capability.

Page 6 of 825 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast