Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 612 of 825 FirstFirst ... 112512562602610611612613614622662712 ... LastLast
Results 15,276 to 15,300 of 20620

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

Hey Sam! Did you try changing the spur gear go down a couple of teeth also try a Robinson Racing spur gear they seem better the Duratrax stock.

I can't find a Money 19T motor. That was what I was planning to put in the Evader but now I'm thinking EZ-RUN or Sidewinder 5700KV. I just realized that Duratrax doesn't make the ST model anymore either. I was looking at the shopping cart on Tower and its near $200 for the upgrades that I was planning on doing. I just can't decide if it is worth spending the money since the model has been discontinued. Also I was planning to pick up an HPI Blitz in October so it is either one or the other.
    TT Sparrowhawk XB- Castle SCT 3800kv
    Traxxas Slash-VXL, Evader ST Castle SideWinder 4600kv

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Saw your evader on ebay today, would you ship to canada???
    Mambafied Evader ST (Purple Project) w/Custom Tub Kit
    Evader EXT w/Custom Tub Kit

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello,
    I have had my Evader ST for almost 6 years now and my son recently bought one of the last remaining ST's that Tower Hobbies had about 3 weeks ago. I know the aluminum B2 diff gear is impossible to find now. Does anyone know if there is a CAD drawing out there of the Duratrax diff gear out there? I was thinking of having a local machine shop make one or more of these out of aluminum if possible. Maybe it is impossible to do but I was just thinking. I have heard stories of the original aluminum gear diffs going for $100 or more so if it can be done for less than that then it would be a bargain. I lost touch with all of my draftsmen buddies from a previous job. They probably could have measured it and drawn it up.
    By the way, this is a great forum with alot of good information and no trash talking about the Evader. I think the Evader St was a victim of its own success. It was the best RTR stadium truck for the money. The reason it got downed so much is because they sold so many of these trucks to people who were beginners and bashers who didn't know what proper maintenance was. I have gotten more than my money's worth from this truck and I plan on keeping it running for a long time.
    I put an EXT body on my ST and I really like the clear windows. The body is also a littles larger and it makes the truck look more stout. Everything else is pretty much stock. I guess that is why it has lasted so long.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea i can do that no prob if ur interested. will have to add whatever the difference of cost to ship to my shipping costs
    thanks for asking and wow 156 veiws already, i really am going to miss this truck but im hopeing my muggy money pit will help ease the pain
    Think Big, Then Go Bigger!

Duratrax Evader ST Pro, Blade Cp, CEN GTX 7.7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I saw an evader aluminum diff gear on ebay not long ago, they are out there u just have to jump on them when u see them, and having a machine shop make them would be very expensive unless u know someone. i know its a long shot but i would contact mike at RC-monster.com about making the gear as he is good with this stuff and it will come back right.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i dont see a need for it. the b2 gear does more than well
    for itself, and if i remember correctly a while back some
    of the members on here had some. with mixed success.
    breaking tranny cases and stripping alum idlers. cheech
    might remember who it was. the plastic b2 gear can hold its own
    i reckon, i bought 2 extras months ago waiting to use them
    but she just keeps goin.
    its not because we cant, its because we cant be bothered.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I never had one strip but have had a couple melt on me

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Thanks for the welcome and specific tips. Got a chance to install the sidewinder 5700 today. What a blast, ran about 6-8 packs through it before the idler gear stripped. I'm going to order a few of these to have them on hand as well as upgrading to bearings in the diff while I'm in there. Incidentally my 3300 nimh packs provided plenty of power and run time.

Iv'e read quite a bit about the slipper setting and think I've got that figured out. What I'm not sure about is the diff, I see people recommend running it tight with a properly set slipper. Does that pertain to my stock EXT diff or only the ST model? I don't mind wearing out parts, but don't want to ruin something beacause it could have been installed or setup better.
    SLASH - Sidewinder 4600, AKA adapters & 1/8 buggy wheels
    RC10B4 - Sidewinder 5700
    Tactic 2.4ghz, Turnigy 2S LiPos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just took my evader appart to install my new parts that i will soon be getting...anyways anyone know how many people make their rc look so clean? Do they use WD40 , or is their a special liquid for cleaning a rc?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Darknest07

Just took my evader appart to install my new parts that i will soon be getting...anyways anyone know how many people make their rc look so clean? Do they use WD40 , or is their a special liquid for cleaning a rc?
    Motor spray on metal parts, some people use Simple Green, Denatured Alcohol, I use dish soap and a tooth brush on the plastic parts. Don't go crazy with the WD40 it will attract dirt and dust. If you are not running your truck in water and mud I would just lube the ball bearings. I like Trinity bearing oil.
    TT Sparrowhawk XB- Castle SCT 3800kv
    Traxxas Slash-VXL, Evader ST Castle SideWinder 4600kv

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: r0bh3

Thanks for the welcome and specific tips.Β* Got a chance to install the sidewinder 5700 today.Β* What a blast, ran about 6-8 packs through it before the idler gear stripped.Β* I'm going to order a few of these to have them on hand as well as upgrading to bearings in the diff while I'm in there.Β* Incidentally my 3300 nimh packs provided plenty of power and run time.

Iv'e read quite a bit about the slipper setting and think I've got that figured out.Β* What I'm not sure about is the diff, I see people recommend running it tight with a properly set slipper.Β* Does that pertain to my stock EXT diff or only the ST model?Β* I don't mind wearing out parts, but don't want to ruin something beacause it could have been installed or setup better.
    only the st model. the ext has an enclosed spider/gear diff.
    i adjust the slipper just so it doesnt wheelie .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok well i might get an evader... heres what i wanna know. Whats 3 upgrades will make the evader handle better?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: monsterbombs

only the st model. the ext has an enclosed spider/gear diff.
    i adjust the slipper just so it doesnt wheelie .
    Thx monsterbombs for clearing that up. I'll pay close attention to my slipper and look into the traxxas idler gear swap.

SLASH - Sidewinder 4600, AKA adapters & 1/8 buggy wheels
    RC10B4 - Sidewinder 5700
    Tactic 2.4ghz, Turnigy 2S LiPos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

and look who comes back from the dead, alright not dead but havent posted in a while sorry... whats up all???? whats doing riverrat? how fast u got that bad boy going... i need some more LIPO any good recomindation, looking more for safety than power but ya know.
    Traxxas Mini E- Revo VXL, Mamba Evader ST Pro.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cheech4

and look who comes back from the dead, alright not dead but havent posted in a while sorry... whats up all???? whats doing riverrat? how fast u got that bad boy going... i need some more LIPO any good recomindation, looking more for safety than power but ya know.
    what motor? im using a vxl with a mamba speedy and
    i got some cheap lipos from china. 3s 30c 2450mah.
    two for like 50 bucks. they really haul,charge well and dont get
    uber hot. win force there called. recently have found its not
    even worth my time playing with nimh anymore. pretty scary
    seeing 12mths ago i knew diddly about lipo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone see this???
    [link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXXWH6&P=7[/link]
    It's the new mamba max pro+, but i dont get it whats the difference?
    Also Is cheaper that the mamba max.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Darknest07

Anyone see this???
    [link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXXWH6&P=7[/link]
    It's the new mamba max pro+, but i dont get it whats the difference?
    Also Is cheaper that the mamba max.
    wow thats a sweet system, from the looks of it it the differences are it handles more LIPO and has a switching BES and a fan included. the mamba max handles up to 3s LIPO but had no BES. but i have heard of people using a BES on there mamba max to handle wattage up to 5s LIPO. so the difference is from the company itself it says it can handle the 6s and it come with a BES.. sweet...
    Traxxas Mini E- Revo VXL, Mamba Evader ST Pro.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it will also run sensored motors.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah i saw that after my post, wonder why its cheaper...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well the vader is sold, as for a good 2s lipo hard pack i had the smc high discharge 5200mah, 28c packs and used it with great succes. though u have to add small spacers to the front battery bar tab so it is easier to close as its a tight fit. amazing runtime, batteries stay cool. and not as expensive as the orion packs. that is the only pack i have tried in 2s. but it was a good one and i would buy it again. for my large scale truck i run a 6s turnigy 5000mah 25c and wow talk about power. the vader was doing about 20-25 efficiently when i sold it. on a brushed motor. it only sold for 147.50 so i more less gave it away, but i needed the money bad and dont run the truck much, and i think i payed it foward with this truck. perhaps ull see my truck again on here under a new owner. a female owner if i may say

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm a long time Evader fan and decided to pick up an EXT the other day from the LHS for a more relaxing drive in between runs with the HPI Baja 5B SS. I started out many years ago with an Evader ST (which I still have for parts).Needless to say, I've got the Evader bug again and figured this would be the perfect place to get the info I need. I've read many pages on here and you guys seem to know what's up. Instead of reading all 600+ pages I was wondering if y'all would help me out here. What should I install off of my old ST, into my new EXT, to get it ready for a mild brushless set up? I'm thinking something along the lines of a Castle Sidewinder w/ 5700kv running on 7 cell 5000 mah Promatch packs. Can I use some trans. internals from each truck and be set to go without needing anything else? Like I said, I'm not wanting to go 3s or anything extreme. That's what my VXL Slash is for. I just want the good ol' Evader to get considerably more pep than it's got in stock form. I love these little trucks and just want enough to keep it interesting w/o breaking the bank. Thanks in advance for any help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys,
    was wondering if anyone had any Ideas of a cheap receiver that could work with my plain (non-pro) evader st radio.
    Really need to replace mine, still the original duratrax receiver, I seem to be loosing range month after month.

Would this work with stock radio? (i know its discontinued)
    xxtra

Also, could anyone explain me the difference between 27 and 75mhz? Is it just the frequencey or is one better than the other?

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: boomchank

....What should I install off of my old ST, into my new EXT, to get it ready for a mild brushless set up?....
    All you really need to do is to replace all the bushings with ball-bearings and mix-and-match some transmission parts.

First off, swap the ST top gear and idler (if it's still in good shape) into the EXT trans case, the gear diff won't melt like the ball diffs are known to. You could use the EXT idler too but you would need 5x11x4mm ball bearings for it. Also, if you want to, you can get the EXT specific CVDs, though the stock dogbones and stub axles will hold up fine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the trans apart right now and it looks as if the bushings/bearings all match up size wise except for the biggest ones on the bottom (the ones that hold the diff itself).Another thing is that the top gears look identical, is there something different about them that I'm not seeing? And one more thing, how do I remove the little pin out of the shaft to get the top gear out? Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: boomchank

I have the trans apart right now and it looks as if the bushings/bearings all match up size wise except for the biggest ones on the bottom (the ones that hold the diff itself).Another thing is that the top gears look identical, is there something different about them that I'm not seeing? And one more thing, how do I remove the little pin out of the shaft to get the top gear out? Thanks.
    The EXT/EXB transmission uses 10x15x5mm bushings for the diff, so you will need some sort of shim to take up slack when you use 10x15x4mm ball-bearings.

The ST top gear should have some spacers on either side of the gear because the bushings used for the EXT top gear are 5mm thick compared to the 4mm thick ball-bearings, as for the spring pin on the top-gear shaft, it's a real pain to get out, try using some pliers to press the pin out, I had to trim the trans casing around where the pin is to get a better grip on it.

EDIT: I would pull the turnbuckles off of the ST and put em on the EXT as trying to adjust the ones the EXT/EXB comes with is an absolute pain in the a**.