Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 825 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

The servo saver spring is way too stiff. If you cut some of it off, about half, it helps a lot. Also, as Raz said, the points lock a little too tight. If you do round them a little you will see better results too. You can do all that stuff but you can get metal gear servos for pretty cheap which also give better performance.

Later
    Duneslider
    Toe-block Braces
    The end of broken Evader toe-in blocks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Flyojumper

Tamiyacrawler, it makes me feel a little better to see that I'm not the only one with a tranny freewheeling for 2-3s only. However, at the beginning of the post you say 3s then later you say your buggy gets 4-5s. Do you have 2 evaders? A ST and a BX?
    Concerning your tamiya going so fast, what is the 27t motor you put in it? What battery do you use on it? Sport or nice pack?
    Anything in particular you would attribute the extra speed to?
    Have you tried moving that same motor and battery combination to the Evader? I'd be VERY interested in seeing how they compare then.
    I have an Evader BX now but at the beginning of my search, I was actually looking at the Rising storm for its 4wd capability.
    My buggy is a rising storm and it's 4wd, but the tranny is simple and quite smooth. All it is is a spur the axle for 4wd and the front and rear diffs. There's barely any gear on gear and besides the spur, the gears are all metal. I think the only thing possible making it fast is good brushes, a fresh cleaning, i've soldered on the brushes and leads instead of everything snapping and screwing on. It's a tower hobbies speed stocker. I've put it through 30+ runs with no comm cut, so with a fresh comm it would probably be even better.
    TNX gasser/Brushless/4s revo 3.3/stampede with nearly nothing stock left/homemade lexan 2wd truck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So your rising storm tranny freewheels for 4-5s and the Evader about 3s, is that correct?
    I still think you should try that speed stocker in the evader and see how fast it runs then. With equal motor and batteries, I don't see how the Rising storm could be quicker than the Evader. BTW, is that evader a BX or ST?
    And what battery are you currently using on the Rising storm?

If anyone wants to try the freewheel test on tranny (remove pinion and hand spin the wheels), I'd really like to have some inputs from a few extra Evader users.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have an evader st and am running sport packs. I have tried that motor in the evader with 22/88 gearing and it was crazy, but overgeared. Actually, to think about it, i was doing bananced wheelies, so i guess in a 2wd it has quite a bit of power,too.
    TNX gasser/Brushless/4s revo 3.3/stampede with nearly nothing stock left/homemade lexan 2wd truck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey, wht rpm clawz fit on the vader? Is it the pede ones or the t3 ones? How do u use pede hex wheels on a vader?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just got those rimes and if my memorie serves me right I think the Pede Rims, The hex nut slids over the axle and then over the little pin on the axle. I had to adda couple of washers so that i could get them tight enough with the nut.[8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am pretty sure that tower has clawz for the xxt or the xxxt. Wouldn't those work better than the ones for the traxxas or t3? I would think the xxt ones would be a perfect fit. But I don't know that much. Just a thought though.

Later
    Duneslider
    Toe-block Braces

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The ones for the XXT are a perfect fit, I use to use them on my ST.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEW34&P=7
    http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEW36&P=7

On a side note, if anybody is looking for a new body, the proline XXX-T crowd pleazer is a perfect fit.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXECF8&P=7
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -\"-\"-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That is good to know. I have a xxx-nt crowd pleazer (the lhs never has the xxx-t in stock) and it fits okay. I will get a xxx-t next time around. I've been waiting for someone who knew for sure if the xxx-t would fit perfect.

Later
    duneslider
    Toe-block Braces

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jakjr

The ones for the XXT are a perfect fit, I use to use them on my ST.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEW34&P=7
    http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEW36&P=7

On a side note, if anybody is looking for a new body, the proline XXX-T crowd pleazer is a perfect fit.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXECF8&P=7
    Thank you. I was just going to ask about bodies. I don't care for the stock one very much. I do usually like the crowd pleasers though. Any others that fit?
    Any technology, sufficiently advanced, will appear as magic

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm still on the fence about what new rims to use on my Evader BX...
    Someone said that the B4 rims may affect the handling negatively, has anyone actually tried and could report on the results.
    Are Associated B4 rims stronger than Duratrax ones though?
    I'm really disapointed on how fast my current rims cracked, I didn't even bash that hard and both rear rims are cracked (fronts are ok, probably because of the lower weight they have to support).
    The guy at my LHS said that boiling new rims may help as it makes them more flexible. I dunno, I'd rather put all chances on my side from the start and get good strong rims to begin with...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My B4's rims (they are made by proline BTW) are 100x stronger than duratrax rims. I don't know if they will fit right on an Evader though, I would assume you would need to get losi XX rims.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -\"-\"-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

On my st i have the t4's, they are wayyyyyyyy stronger, don't even boil em' and they seem to be okay.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I really think you would be better off going with losi xxt or xxxt wheels. Both should work just fine and your lhs should have them in stock (most do). The losi stuff will have the right off set too. The ae stuff has a different offset but I don't know if it would really affect you that much. If you were a racer you might have issues but if you are just a basher it probably won't matter.

Later
    Duneslider
    Toe-block Braces

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My project tonight was a polished aluminum motor guard made by hand. I'm pretty happy with it. Pics probably tomarrow along with those rear toe mounts hopefully.

I think this will be my list of stuff i'm getting
    good servo
    reedy quad OR integy 19s(looks very respectable)
    xxx-t front+rear rpm clawz with tamiya truck tires(best tires i've used)
    and maybe i'll convert to deans, ang get a new batt.

How good really are deans? I'm only running 19t motors so i'n not scared about them melting. Is ther a noticible difference in power or speed?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think this will be my list of stuff i'm getting
    good servo
    reedy quad OR integy 19s(looks very respectable)
    xxx-t front+rear rpm clawz with tamiya truck tires(best tires i've used)
    and maybe i'll convert to deans, ang get a new batt.

How good really are deans? I'm only running 19t motors so i'n not scared about them melting. Is ther a noticible difference in power or speed?
    [/quote]

I'm shocked you didn't put on Deans connectors right away, they are great! They don't melt together or get loose like the tamiya plugs.
    \"My Mustang is a hybrid, it burns gas and rubber.\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey I was running my truck the other day and all of a sudden the truck just stoped. Come to find out the CV pin fell out. I looked for it but couldn't find it. Does any body know where I can get spares or do I have to buy another set of CV's? I have another question. Is it worth buying the aluminum suspension arms because my graphite ones keep on breaking under normal use. Would the plastic ones be stronger?
    Nitro 3 with an OS .18 CV-RX, HPI Savage SS 4.6
    Evader pro. www.rushedrc.50megs.com (Custom Paintjobs)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The evader plastic is weaker than the graphite. I bet it's because you're running it in the cold. You shouldn't run anything byt tamiyas and mt monser trucks in anything below 45*. The aluminum ones are good, but i bet the main reason is the temp. I'll never run mine in the winter, that's when i pull out the tamiyas.

Raz
    At first i thought you were getting exactly what i was getting because the quotes didn't work lol. I'm thinking about deans but i'll need like 20 plugs for everything and i'm not sure if i can swing like 26 bucks for plugs with my mom. She doesn't understand the stuff i buy.

I just put on a "MT conversion" and i'm luvin it! I put on monster truck tires, hard springs and jacked up the suspension and it's awesome!! I'm going S.A.E style. I have a full 3in. of ground clearance!! I may eventually take it mudding if i get the courage to dirty up graphite.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Are there any replacement pins for the CV's or do I have to buy new ones?
    Nitro 3 with an OS .18 CV-RX, HPI Savage SS 4.6
    Evader pro. www.rushedrc.50megs.com (Custom Paintjobs)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mine fell out too. Make new ones with a paper clip or wire. I did that and haven't lost one since. If you want a replacement i believe the t4 cvd pins will work.

I hate when they fell out and you're pinning it, you can just hear the diff screaming for mercy. I destroyed a diff ball like that. I guess there was a little pice of debris in the diff and at ful speed it hit it and bursted.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

tamiyacrawler i think it was u asking about that orion method motor well i never could get it to work right in my evader so i installed it in my new rc10 t i ran it for 1-2 min and the thing cught on fire its a piece of sh#t it was reall fast for the run . i used the same gearing im using for my 10 t reedy so i know i didnt over gear i just got done leaving orion a message and well se what they do but fir now im sticking to my trinity speed gems motors

spread the word the method motors suck!
    boom
    vintage rc will rule
    my vids http://www.rcpics.net/member/discgolfer
    aim /rc10 discgolfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

spread the word the method motors suck!
    [/quote]

You probably got a bad one or some thing else happened cause I've been running them and love em. The method 21 X 2 is faster and has more torque than the havock motor that came with my pro.

rushrtr3 You can put aluminum arms on but some thing else will break, like the chassis or bulkhead both of which cost more than a new arm.
    \"My Mustang is a hybrid, it burns gas and rubber.\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea at first i was thinking it was the junk small wire the give you with the motor(since it was what started melting first) so i changed it to 12 gauge still same problem it didnt even get 1min of runtime i tried my 9 and 10 t motors (speed gems and reedy )with the same gearing and no problems so it has to be a faulty motor but thats crud i have 15-20 motors even some vintage ones (15-16 years old) never had any problems the only other motor i have had trouble with is the orion baja for my 18 t and the solder melted off mabey other people have had better luck with their stuff but a company should not let shody products leave their factory (geuss thats what i get for buying cheap stuff)you get what u pay for

but back to topic my evader has ben gutted for other cars so om trying to decide what hopups i should get is their a good amount of them out there what does every one sugg
    boom
    vintage rc will rule
    aim /rc10 discgolfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm not getting that motor anymore anyway. The quality motors of the same turn are suppoesed to be up to 8 mph faster from what i hear and i was thinking you get what you pay for.

For the evader, i'd get a good tranny a super duty xl, a 6t, and run it on 14 cells!!!!!! LOL you'd go like 85, but if the tranny was stock it would be fried. Imagine driving a 85mph rc............and then you hit a pebble and destroy 400 bucks worth of work........nah i'd just get a novac esc and a nice motor with an aluminum idler. LRP esc's are pretty good too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

cool i think im sticking to my vintage tekin esc's (havent had any luck with new ones)
    as for trannys are they avail through duratrax / is there a direct fit one also is there a good site that carrys alum parts fot the vader think this one is getting the bling bling treatment
    boom
    vintage rc will rule
    aim /rc10 discgolfer

Page 7 of 825 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast