Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:54 AM
cumquat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

the result of fear mongering... i guess it does work.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:34 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It take a hell of alot more abuse when charging to blow up a NIMH cell than a lipo... just do a web search for rc NIMH fire...... and see threads do you see on the web ..? now do the same for lipo and you will be amazed at what you see burnt houses, cars, garages and more!!

Your just a fool if you don't respect lipo packs one day it will bite you in the you know what... how many guy's i read about like you guy's and then it happens then they don't do any foolish things anymore after the bad experiance.... why take the chance.... It's like i don't want cancer but i will smoke like a chain smoker that's what you guy's are doing...
Better safe than sorry.... are you under age living at how? if so how mad would a parent be if they found out the lipo pack burned there house and they did research and seen the way yous treated and stored them??? If i was a parent i would be pissed!

Old 07-09-2011, 09:47 AM
electricrc68
Banned

ORIGINAL: shenlonco

It take a hell of alot more abuse when charging to blow up a NIMH cell than a lipo... just do a web search for rc NIMH fire...... and see threads do you see on the web ..? now do the same for lipo and you will be amazed at what you see burnt houses, cars, garages and more!!

Your just a fool if you don't respect lipo packs one day it will bite you in the you know what... how many guy's i read about like you guy's and then it happens then they don't do any foolish things anymore after the bad experiance.... why take the chance.... It's like i don't want cancer but i will smoke like a chain smoker that's what you guy's are doing...
Better safe than sorry.... are you under age living at how? if so how mad would a parent be if they found out the lipo pack burned there house and they did research and seen the way yous treated and stored them??? If i was a parent i would be pissed!

+1 im only 14, so if a lipo was to burn down the house, my parents would probably get rid of all my rc stuff. so thats why im going to take extra caution with lipos when i get them.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:48 AM
cumquat

who said i dont respect them? just because i dont put them in a lipo bag, inside a metal box thats kept in a fireproof safe doesnt mean they will burn my house down. according to my computer's clock i am under age for another 24 hours and 8 minutes.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:00 AM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

+1 im only 14, so if a lipo was to burn down the house, my parents would probably get rid of all my rc stuff. so thats why im going to take extra caution with lipos when i get them.

i have been using propane and butane torches since i was 14 and welding since i was 15. lipo is one of the least likely things for me to start a fire with. i once was welding and i set a couple pairs of torn jeans on fire. they just ignited, i didnt know they were on fire until i finished the pass and saw an orange light. i picked them up and stomped the fire out. my mom gave my that 'mom look'. i have burned my self several times. i forgot where i was going with this...
Old 07-09-2011, 10:43 AM
shenlonco

ORIGINAL: cumquat

who said i dont respect them? just because i dont put them in a lipo bag, inside a metal box thats kept in a fireproof safe doesnt mean they will burn my house down. according to my computer's clock i am under age for another 24 hours and 8 minutes.

that's not respect... do some serching on lipo safty and storage.... they don't sell chargers with store mode voltage for storing lipos and fire proof lipo sacks .. and fire proof and anti fire containers for when charging lipos for no reason at all?

So yes the way you are treating your lipos is unaproprate and unsafe.

You find me a lipo site or article who recomends leaving packs scattered all over the house and charging them any place in the home with out any kind of back up safty divice or something to use when charging a lipo.....
Show us the proof..... you are wrong just because you are doing things unsafe and not proper don't go preaching to others let alone newbies getting into lipo to start out compleatly WRONG by doing your bad habbits!

Old 07-09-2011, 11:04 AM
cumquat

if what i'm doing is wrong then how has nothing happened? storage mode is meant for packs that will be sitting on the shelf for weeks, if not months., it wont hurt the pack to leave it fully charged for a couple days. i have a lipo bag that i used once, i dont even know where it is now. i dont need it. lets just agree to disagree.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:42 AM
shenlonco

Well i seriously hope that a lipo accedent does not happen in your home because you don't want to find out how devistating it could be.

Another thing is you will only see lipo practice and safty like how you guy's are doing it on boards like this evader thread because evaders are cheap low cost $120.00 RTR RC's and most users in this thread are under aged kids.
In a more adult orented forum in other sections of RCU they would try like i am to teach the correct methode for lipo safty.

I been using and making RC products for much longer than you were alive picture this comquat and electricrc68 lets say if you where older and you guy's were into rc stuff using it for over 30 years now do you think you would know much more than you do at the age you are now? I know i know way much more than when i was your guy's ages... I am 41 years old and have been running all types of RC for over 30 years now!

Think about it.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Krazy Chicken

lol @ this argument.  cumquat has a point. if you over charge a lipo it will blow. if you charge it correct it is safe. lipos dont just randomly catch fire. you have to have done something wrong for it to catch fire.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:54 AM
electricrc68
Banned

spontaneous combustion? its the truth....heres what i found from another forum:
After flying this morning I was doing some repairs and all of a sudden i heard a pop and smoke started pouring out of a Flightmax 3s 1300. I had not flown that pack. I just brought it home unflown. It was just sitting in the concrete block I store it in. I have a bucket of sand on hand that I dumped into the block and put its concrete top on. Smoked like crazy. Stunk up the cellar. There was another 1300 in the same block. The voltage on that measures fine but I don't know if the heat from the venting pack up against it might have damaged it? Now I am a little wary ofmybatteries. I treat them well. Have only charged them at 1C and do not abuse them. I recently balanced the pack. That was a small 1300. I recently got 6s 5000's.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:31 PM
cumquat

Well i seriously hope that a lipo accedent does not happen in your home because you don't want to find out how devistating it could be.

Another thing is you will only see lipo practice and safty like how you guy's are doing it on boards like this evader thread because evaders are cheap low cost $120.00 RTR RC's and most users in this thread are under aged kids.
In a more adult orented forum in other sections of RCU they would try like i am to teach the correct methode for lipo safty.

I been using and making RC products for much longer than you were alive picture this comquat and electricrc68 lets say if you where older and you guy's were into rc stuff using it for over 30 years now do you think you would know much more than you do at the age you are now? I know i know way much more than when i was your guy's ages... I am 41 years old and have been running all types of RC for over 30 years now!

Think about it.

my uncle and grandpa have been flying for over 25 years and they store their lipos on a table, possibly under some packaging. to my knowledge, they have never had a fire.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:32 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

spontaneous combustion? its the truth....heres what i found from another forum:
After flying this morning I was doing some repairs and all of a sudden i heard a pop and smoke started pouring out of a Flightmax 3s 1300. I had not flown that pack. I just brought it home unflown. It was just sitting in the concrete block I store it in. I have a bucket of sand on hand that I dumped into the block and put its concrete top on. Smoked like crazy. Stunk up the cellar. There was another 1300 in the same block. The voltage on that measures fine but I don't know if the heat from the venting pack up against it might have damaged it? Now I am a little wary of my batteries. I treat them well. Have only charged them at 1C and do not abuse them. I recently balanced the pack. That was a small 1300. I recently got 6s 5000's. [img][/img]
he probably dropped it. soft packs hate that.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:35 PM
electricrc68
Banned

heres more.

Multi cell pack catches fire in flight (5)
Possible over discharge (33)
Lipo pack catches fire in car (60)
2s pack starts house fire (84)
In flight F3A fire reported (92)
New pack partially burns sitting on desk (96)
Pack ignites with no known cause (97)
Pack ignites after soldering wires on (101)
Pack catches fire in pick up truck (105)
In Air ignition – (125)
Pack ignites in pocket (132)
Pack ignites in car at 3AM (134)
Undamaged pack starts to burn in car – (145)
Unconnected Pack sitting on bench burns over night – (153)
In Flight Fire – (155)
Pack ignites 2 hrs after charging – not connected to anything. (160)
Unused, uncharged pack without connectors catches fire – (164)
Lipo catches fire for no apparent reason (174)
Plane lands after short flight, battery disconnected, battery ignites shortly after (175)
Old 07-09-2011, 12:47 PM
cumquat

i remember that thread, wasnt it from like 07?
Old 07-09-2011, 12:48 PM
electricrc68
Banned

idk. i found it on another forum. but the point is, it can happen.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Darknest07

Well..just pooped by to see how this epic thread is doing....good
Anyways, I ordered some stuff for my evader about a week ago, started getting some stuff already, just ordered some spare parts off towerhobbies, a pair of these:[link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8357__ZIPPY_Flightmax_4000mAh_2S1P_25C_Car_Lipol y_ROAR_Approved.html]ZIPPY Flightmax 4000mAh 2S1P 25C Car Lipoly (ROAR Approved)[/link](since one of my two others have a bad cell)and also this[link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__16199__HK-GT3B_AFHDS_2.4ghz_3_Channel_Radio_System_.html] HK-GT3B AFHDS 2.4ghz 3 Channel Radio System [/link] to upgrade from my stock radio and hi-tec RX..was tired of getting interference. Already recieved my tower order(except one item which is on backorder) and waiting for the HK order, which should be here in a week or two(Will post pics of it with new stuff)...Meanwhile Ill clean up my ST and fix the oil leaks..

On another note, as some may know i have a EXT roller, and im thinking of getting it back up and running, All i need is a ESC and motor, trying to find a good combo.. Any suggestions?? im going for a brushless setup( not too costly).
Old 07-09-2011, 01:03 PM
shenlonco

electricrc68
You are 100% correct don't wast anymore energy on a hopless topic like this anymore.
All it takes is a crash hard lipo or not pack damage can happen you can't see it you put it on your shelf go out to the store come back and your houss or garage is burnt down ...happend loads of times ... i don't have to post photos of the poor guy's it happened to showing the fire damage just do a freandly web search for yourself... i am not waating my time on the lipo subject here it's hopless ... if you guy's ever have a lipo accedent not saying you will but it does happen ...you will remember for sure what shenlonco from RCU was trying so hard to teach you guy's proper lipo care but you did not take head of my warnings on lipo safty.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:05 PM
shenlonco

ORIGINAL: Darknest07

Anyways, I ordered some stuff for my evader about a week ago, started getting some stuff already, just ordered some spare parts off towerhobbies, a pair of these:[link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8357__ZIPPY_Flightmax_4000mAh_2S1P_25C_Car_Lipol y_ROAR_Approved.html]ZIPPY Flightmax 4000mAh 2S1P 25C Car Lipoly (ROAR Approved)[/link](since one of my two others have a bad cell)and also this[link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__16199__HK-GT3B_AFHDS_2.4ghz_3_Channel_Radio_System_.html] HK-GT3B AFHDS 2.4ghz 3 Channel Radio System [/link] to upgrade from my stock radio and hi-tec RX..was tired of getting interference. Already recieved my tower order(except one item which is on backorder) and waiting for the HK order, which should be here in a week or two(Will post pics of it with new stuff)...Meanwhile Ill clean up my ST and fix the oil leaks..

On another note, as some may know i have a EXT roller, and im thinking of getting it back up and running, All i need is a ESC and motor, trying to find a good combo.. Any suggestions?? im going for a brushless setup( not too costly).

Hi I would Just get a cheap EZrun brushless combo they are like $60.00 and work great in evaders.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:07 PM
electricrc68
Banned

shenlonco, i am going to be taking complete caution with my lipos. i am not in the mood for a burnt down house....not saying it will happen, but it is possible if i don't take proper caution with these batteries.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:28 PM
dtxandtrx

Hi guys, i was on the forum around page 700 to 750 and loving it everytime i got back on! I have many rc cars and forgot about the evader after the diff went out. Im ashamed!!! Found the evader in the basement collecting dust. I had a flashback (not really) of having fun with the evader in the yard. After a couple of cars joined the fleet. I was having fun with them and forgot about the old evader. Went to drive the evader today and all i heard was the diff slipping and slipping and the vader was going nowhere. At that moment i remembered this forum and thought i would ask you guys if this would work.......http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=7.........i am willing to sacrifice my slash 4x4 to fix the evader. I watched a couple of old clips of me running it and now regret  putting it away for so long......broken.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:33 PM
cumquat

which evader?
Old 07-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Darknest07

ORIGINAL: Darknest07

Hi I would Just get a cheap EZrun brushless combo they are like $60.00 and work great in evaders.
Yeah, that was what i was thinking about too, I guess my mind is set
Thanks!
Old 07-09-2011, 05:30 PM
dtxandtrx

ORIGINAL: cumquat

which evader?

Evader st the year they came out

Old 07-09-2011, 06:30 PM
cumquat

then no, it wont fit.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:40 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

if you diff is slipping, no that won't work... check out

http://www.duratrax.com/pdf/index.html

for a pfd on all the evaders and you can use that to figure out which one you have and such.... and then take a look around here... it's a bit un organized and such but the info is there.... i'd look into the B4 slipper and the b2 diff mod

https://sites.google.com/site/evaderinfo/

the lug

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.