Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 07:45 AM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Ran my Evader today for the first time in months today and it was just a refreshing experience without all the worries of checking this or that.

This chassis is just so much fun bash with!! Cant wait to get that VW shell
Old 10-16-2011, 04:01 PM
NoTraxxisRustler

Got a question Lug. . .. .

Do you see any harm in changing my low voltage cutoff fromn 3.2 to 3?? I've got a 4mah gens ace lipo . . . my thought is that that the esc shuts it down when it touches 6v, which will usually happen when the motor is under a load.Should not be a problem.

When it shuts off at 3.2 vIput 3400 mah back in and at 3v Iput in 3700mah . .what do you think??

Thanks
NTR
Old 10-17-2011, 08:00 AM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

it depends on the packs and how in balance they stay, some of my packs are really good about staying balanced while others can varry .05v per cell, personally i wouldn't... i also find i rarely hit lvc when it's set to 3.2 i can feel the cells dumping right around there so i don't feel like i would gain any honest and quality runtime...

the lug
Old 10-18-2011, 03:21 AM
smenton

Hey been out of the hobby for close to a year now and I'm back with a much bigger budget

I pulled out my trusty 'vader the other day and inspired by the builds on Ultimatetraxxas Im planning to put some serious work into this car

Just brain storming for now, thinking of making it as race ready as possible and I think ive come to the right place I dont want to be told to buy a losi or associated, I already know theyre a better truck, but this is my vader and I want it to spend this money on it...

So where would you guys start, its pretty much bone stock, its an old Evader not the EXT, my budget is pretty much limitless but would prefer only spending money when its worth while not on useless bits and pieces and 'bling'

Thanks
Old 10-18-2011, 05:54 PM
mccmatty

HELP PLEASE I NEED INFO!!! I am a noob to rc have been out for awhile dont remeber much. I think i overtightened my wheel nuts and now the engine is just spinning the spur and slipper without turning the wheels. Did i strip my gears in the tranny out? what is the best approach to get the tranny out and if the gears are shot what is best to replace them with. Thank You

Old 10-18-2011, 07:47 PM
rclugnut10

loosen the wheel nuts half a turn to a turn first, see what that does, to get to the tranny, pull the motor gaurd off, then the two screws in the rear brace (behind the tower) then there are 2 screws under in the rear lower plate, then the tranny should lift out, pull the 4 screws from that and it comes right apart you may need to use a flat head get it apart then it should pull apart nicely... the only other tip is the 3 screws that go into the motor plate don't over tighten them because the plates are very easy to strip out

the lug
Old 10-18-2011, 08:03 PM
mccmatty

Thank You for the reply do you think its possible that i stripped out the gears in the gearbox? i was running great until i put that wheel back on
Old 10-19-2011, 02:13 PM
rclugnut10

if it didn't run imideately after you put the wheels on, then the wheel nuts are too tight, if it ran for a bit then stopped you stripped something

the lug
Old 10-20-2011, 04:31 AM
wozthefitter

Hi all,
Have been running two Evaders at our club and bashing for over a year now and it's time for new bodies. Just wanting to know if anyone has tried a J Concepts Illuzion Hi Flow body for a RC10T4 on their Vader as they look pretty sweet and I want to try my hand at acustom paint job.
Cheers
Woz
Old 10-20-2011, 01:39 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

xxx-t shells fit much better but you can use a t4 shell
Old 10-20-2011, 06:28 PM
NoTraxxisRustler

Ha! Did ya'll see the Duratrax Website?? Evader brushless!! 100 Watt ESC. 2.4 GHZ radio!! Associated type slipper clutch!!! Waterproof electronics!!

Excuse me but I just have to say it again! HA!. They must have been trolling this thread.

I got sick of the smug attitudes from my LHS (Hobbytown) which views them as junk, and is discontinuing the parts for them.

Also excuse my irrational exhuberence. My EXT is where I want it, and I probably won't buy one, but I'm glad to see they finally got it right.    

HA!

Ok, I'm calm.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:04 PM
thehuntingterminator

damn. sweet. heres a link: duratrax.com/vehicles/electric/dtxd37-evader-brushless/index.html
Old 10-20-2011, 07:14 PM
mccmatty

can anyone tell me a specific body size for the ext2 if there is one, or maybe mods that will accomadate another type of body im looking to get a body outside of the normal truggy look. any suggestions are appreciated thank you.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:18 PM
cumquat

upgrade list
[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=&FVSEARCH=DTXC7453&search=Go]steel (presumably) diff case[/link] alternitively, the [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=DTXC7454%09&search=Go]assembled unit[/link]

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=DTXC9313&search=Go]slipper plate[/link]

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=DTXC9622&search=Go]top shaft[/link] lets hope its hardened...

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=DTXC9418&search=Go]spur[/link] maybe these are properly balanced.

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=DTXC8393&search=Go]radio box[/link]

and possibly the most desired part we can manage without, [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=DTXC9790&search=Go]wheelie bar![/link]

from a quick skim through, thats all thats changed but thats enough to get be to fix mine.

edit: forgot to add [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=DTXC9312&search=Go]slipper pads[/link] and they actually added foams to the tires (not available by themselves).

total cost of upgrade if ordered right now with the bulk/multiple requirements: $88.50 plus shipping, $42.03 otherwise.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:51 PM
rclugnut10

i'm def going to be picking up a few of these parts, idk if you guys watched the vid but they have an SW specific esc hold down strap, and i now have 2 sw's so i'm def going to enjoy that strap in mine, along with the wheelie bar... i have no idea what i have for tranny's at home but come x mass when this stuff hit tower i see some upgrades for the evader... tho i'm half tempted to just buy a new one and mix and match parts wish they had these in rollers... i don't wanna pay for the bl and rx i have all that stuff :P

the lug
Old 10-21-2011, 03:21 AM
thehuntingterminator

what's one of these new EXT2 BL gonna cost? hopefully around $250 or so? i mean if it gets anymore then they're gonna lose business to other stuff like the Rustler VXL and EFS Flux that are all around $300 or more.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:22 AM
rclugnut10

thats what towers listing them currently i'd say they'll get down to $230 tho... which would be a killer deal cuz if the 2 pad slipper works the finially perfected the evader, i'm very tempted to buy one of these new tho i feel like i'll just get a bunch of parts ie bumper, assorted tranny bits, wheelie bar, and drop all that on my pro...

the lug
Old 10-21-2011, 08:25 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Hey guys, hows it going? Can anyone tell me how the transmission in the EXT2 is? I am planning on ordering a 1/10 electric ST in the next couple days and I will be running a Tacon 3930kv motor on 2s in it. Geared for somewhere around 40mph. Will the transmission hold this just fine? I wont be doing any 3s 50+mph stuff, just going to make it a fun 2s basher. I really like the EXT2, so im planning on it, but if the transmission wont handle it, i may have to go with the associated T4.1, which is a little higher priced. For now, im under the impression the EXT2 transmission will handle a 2s brushless setup without too much problem, is this the general concensus? Also, since the brushless version is coming out it looks like some upgrade parts may be available for the transmission soon which would further bulletproof it, so im thinking it'll be ok for what ill be doing.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:27 AM
rclugnut10

it should decently... you can do the HPI slipper mod as listed here.... https://sites.google.com/site/evaderinfo/ OR what i would do is pre order the new evader BL comes with a CC SW2 i believe and a 3900kv motor all metal drive train wheelie bar, improved slipper... it's due out in a month or 2...

the lug
Old 10-21-2011, 09:01 AM
cumquat

i ran a 4000 for 2 months with little issue until i started stripping spurs (turned out that the pin that cpnnects the slipper to the top shaft packed out and was getting hung up on the case). then i stripped the diff (to be expected, i wasnt doing high jumps but that doesnt mean i didnt beat the snot out of it). as things wear out/break, order the parts that i listed.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:59 AM
cummins driver

Thanks for the quick answers guys. I had an evader st for a short while a long time ago and liked it. Ill be ordering the EXT2 from the LHS soon ($105+ tax) and then putting the brushless and my 2.4 system in it. I think its hard to beat this truck for the money as far as a cheap (to buy and maintain) basher goes. [8D]
Old 10-21-2011, 04:47 PM
NoTraxxisRustler

In my opinion that was the worst part of the tranny . . . . that topshaft with that stupid pin. It was the devil to get out when you needed to remove it but came loose when you didn't want to. Hope the new one is redesigned . . .
Old 10-21-2011, 07:03 PM
NoTraxxisRustler

Ijust looked at the online manual for the BL Evader. The topshaft design is kind of curious. The good news is that they got rid of the pin that the slipper clutch meshes with. The slipper clutch now locks on the shaft via a flattened side.This part looks like the Associated arrangement. The weird part is that the topshaft gear is separate from the shaft and locked by a pin.If this is one of those spring pins that kind of sucks. If its a solid steel pin thne that might not be so bad. Those spring pins were not up to snuff. Ours were crapping out using 20T and 8.4v batts. Brushless and LIPO would eat these things for lunch.

The upside is that whenyou need to replace the bearing, you are not stuck for an hour trying to get the darned thing out.I'm sure I bent atopshaft driving that thing in an out.

Not sureif the diff gear is metalor plastic.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/dtx/dtxd37-manual.pdf

This is a step in the right direction. I've got the associatedgearboxes on my and my kid's ext's The fit pretty well, but not perfect. If this design is good, itmay be worth going back to the DTX gearset.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:26 PM
rclugnut10

well thats a nice step up in quality good info on tuning, and exploded the views, the diff gear is metal, and bear replacement wont' be aproblem because you won't have the pin holding them in if it is a spring pin, tho the usual style with that setup is just a steel pin...

the lug
Old 10-21-2011, 09:17 PM
cummins driver

Got my brushless system and 2.4 rx ordered tonight guys. Planning to call the LHS and place the order tomorrow for my EXT2 I have owned MANY r/c's to this point, but its been a long time since i bought one new. Gonna be nice to pull a brand new truck from the box again [8D]

Now.... What color to get? [&:] Thinking blue, but thats still subject to change. haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.